First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Kia Forte
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's easy ONLY if you can install it INSIDE. Wouldn't want to do it in the cold.
Yet another reason I love Florida. Endless summer (with occasional hurricanes) :)
Sponsored

OP
OP
Nighowl2000

Nighowl2000

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford Maverick lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yet another reason I love Florida. Endless summer (with occasional hurricanes) :)
Rather snow then loosing my house.....

Dechion

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Kia Forte
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Rather snow then loosing my house.....
I moved here from Wisconsin. Got tired of shoveling snow. Plus here I can ride my motorcycle year round. Up north I got 6-7 months of decent riding weather.

Vewdu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
I bought my Maverick 15 Oct, ordered a soft roll-up tonneau cover from the parts guy at the Ford dealership that I bought my truck from... still waiting. I was quoted around $700 installed.

This leaves me wondering, are they marking it up and charging me an hour shop rate ($160) to install it... if and when it comes in?

Here it says MSRP is $461 Cdn:

https://accessories.ford.ca/cover-tonneau-vnz6z-99501a42-b.html
Likely a 1.5/1.25hr job from the book. Add in your taxes (5% for MB) and you fall in that area.

chrisebarks

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT 2.0 AWD 4K
That's crazy, it's a 30 minute install at most. If you know how to use a clamp then you have it installed.

Sponsored

GreatWhiteNorth

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I received an interesting reply from a Ford Canada customer service rep: "The Tonneau cover is a factory option. This means at ordering the Maverick, it can be added on for the additional cost. When it is added aftermarket, it may result in additional costs as the dealership will need to install it as well. Please keep in mind that any pricing reflected on Ford.ca for factory installed options, do not carry over for aftermarket installations."

I had pointed out that at the time I bought the truck, the tonneau cover was included as standard equipment on the XLT trim level. I received a call back from the parts guy at the dealer telling me the tonneau cover is backordered.

Would sure be nice to get a tonneau cover on before it snows. I'll give the dealer a bit more time (has been 3 weeks), but mail order is looking better all the time.

Vewdu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Did anyone ever actually find anything? Dealers are all showing back ordered (as we know they can't even supply enough for production, let alone dealer purchases) and can't find any reliable places that aren't drop shipping/back ordered.

oldfatguy

First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997ranger 2006 fusion 2001 bmw330ci 2004.5w3500
dont know if they ship/sell to canada but i just got roll up from ag \covers fome jamestown north dakota , the better one was 600. ish us , they shipped the day i orderd on monday recieved on wensday fit good ,very happy

jet40

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I received an interesting reply from a Ford Canada customer service rep: "The Tonneau cover is a factory option. This means at ordering the Maverick, it can be added on for the additional cost. When it is added aftermarket, it may result in additional costs as the dealership will need to install it as well. Please keep in mind that any pricing reflected on Ford.ca for factory installed options, do not carry over for aftermarket installations."

I had pointed out that at the time I bought the truck, the tonneau cover was included as standard equipment on the XLT trim level. I received a call back from the parts guy at the dealer telling me the tonneau cover is backordered.

Would sure be nice to get a tonneau cover on before it snows. I'll give the dealer a bit more time (has been 3 weeks), but mail order is looking better all the time.
If you ever order one, let me know. I am looking to order one as well, but don't want to order something that is back ordered.

morrisod

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you ever order one, let me know. I am looking to order one as well, but don't want to order something that is back ordered.
Yes Im in the same boat. I have one on on order at my dealership and backordered. I will definetly let you know if I hear anything.

Sponsored

GreatWhiteNorth

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes Im in the same boat. I have one on on order at my dealership and backordered. I will definetly let you know if I hear anything.
I'm in the same boat, ordered thru dealership over a month ago, told it's backordered, no idea at all when or if it will arrive. If I'm still waiting months from now, I'd buy a cap if Leer or A.R.E. had 'em in production. Supposedly A.R.E. is developing one for the Maverick. I'd almost rather my money went that way.

OP
OP
Nighowl2000

Nighowl2000

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford Maverick lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

GreatWhiteNorth

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm sure there would be many mail order places that would take your order... but can they deliver?