Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT, 2018 Subaru Forester, 1966 MGB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Highly recommend this aftermarket trim piece that aesthetically ties the audio volume/tuner knobs and buttons into the screen above.

It’s a simple piece of black plastic that really improves the look of this area on an XLT, covering up some of that light gray plastic that some people find objectionable.

The color and finish of this piece matches the screen surround exactly, and it’s a perfect fit. Looks like it came from the factory this way (and probably should have.)

At $28, a little pricey for a simple piece of plastic, but I‘m very happy with it, and consider it money well spent.

(Sorry I didn’t take a “before” photo, but I’m attaching a before/after from the Amazon product page so everyone can see what I’m talking about.)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BN2PD5Y9?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

*** Oh, also note in the driver’s side door in the middle photo another little tip: Kleenex sells tissues in these round boxes that are a perfect fit in the front bottle holder space. (You can squeeze one into the rear bottle space, but harder then to get in and out).

Sometimes I can find these at CVS, but you can buy them in bulk on Amazon and always have them on hand. They are Kleenex Perfect Fit Facial Tissues, although I see other brands on Amazon offering the, as well.

https://www.amazon.com/Kleenex-Perfect-Facial-Tissues-Pack/dp/B0122KAE88/ref=sr_1_6?crid=1VD6P73N3S7VO&keywords=kleenex+perfect+fit+tissues+cylinder&qid=1676083311&sprefix=Kleenex+Perfect,aps,100&sr=8-6

Ford Maverick Aftermarket audio controls trim piece: Excellent 094AAB45-44B5-4C2B-BE19-AA59089E022D

Ford Maverick Aftermarket audio controls trim piece: Excellent 8A145F0E-E3CA-4AB8-8B89-2A9F6B8825A9

Ford Maverick Aftermarket audio controls trim piece: Excellent A0920410-D647-496E-B378-31B22FCD841F
Sponsored

Last edited:

MRickDetroit

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Agree it does look better! Thanks for the info, will be doing this if/when I get my maverick lol

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I had been thinking the same thing. May be on my list soon.

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Looks good! Adding to my list!

bckrupps

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks. I had some Amazon points so why not. Im not particularly picky but I do like the black alot more and considering I will probably look at the dash for the next 8 or 10 years this is a cheap adjustment piece.

Sponsored

raymaines

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alto Blue Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm going to get one. It's in my Amazon cart as we speak.

It also comes in orange for the XLT folks amoung us, two patterns of Carbon Fiber, and - are you sitting down? - RED!

I'm guessing that about zero red ones will be sold worldwide. I mean, none! Not one single one. I'm not keen on fake CF but lots of other people like that look, I'm not 100% sure the orange matches the Maverick XLT orange but I like the color well enough, but the red is just weird.

This little dash top thingie is worth consideration as well...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BQ6GRCTK/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=AU52PLKJP3L4P&psc=1

OP
OP
KdeB

KdeB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I'm going to get one. It's in my Amazon cart as we speak.

It also comes in orange for the XLT folks amoung us, two patterns of Carbon Fiber, and - are you sitting down? - RED!

I'm guessing that about zero red ones will be sold worldwide. I mean, none! Not one single one. I'm not keen on fake CF but lots of other people like that look, I'm not 100% sure the orange matches the Maverick XLT orange but I like the color well enough, but the red is just weird.

This little dash top thingie is worth consideration as well...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BQ6GRCTK/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=AU52PLKJP3L4P&psc=1
I have had the little dash top thingy in my Amazon list for a while, and just ordered it. I’m hoping it provides a level surface to mount our GPS suction cup, as we like having it centered above the screen, but we’ll see.

(I’m thrilled we can use Maps and Waze on the Mav from our iPhones through CarPlay, but we like to use the TomTom when on the road for big trips. It’s more reliable since it uses satellite navigation, rather than phone cellular data.)

Last edited:

abcinv

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Tundra DBL Cab Limited 4WD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ordered one yesterday, I too think it looks more finished once installed.

Fitzovich

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Highly recommend this aftermarket trim piece that aesthetically ties the audio volume/tuner knobs and buttons into the screen above.

It’s a simple piece of black plastic that really improves the look of this area on an XLT, covering up some of that light gray plastic that some people find objectionable.

The color and finish of this piece matches the screen surround exactly, and it’s a perfect fit. Looks like it came from the factory this way (and probably should have.)

At $28, a little pricey for a simple piece of plastic, but I‘m very happy with it, and consider it money well spent.

(Sorry I don’t take a “before” photo, but I’m attaching a before/after from the Amazon product page so everyone can see what I’m talking about.)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BN2PD5Y9?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

*** Oh, also note in the driver’s side door in the middle photo another little tip: Kleenex sells tissues in these round boxes that are a perfect fit in the front bottle holder space. (You can squeeze one into the rear bottle space, but harder then to get in and out).

Sometimes I can find these at CVS, but you can buy them in bulk on Amazon and always have them on hand. They are Kleenex Perfect Fit Facial Tissues, although I see other brands on Amazon offering the, as well.

https://www.amazon.com/Kleenex-Perfect-Facial-Tissues-Pack/dp/B0122KAE88/ref=sr_1_6?crid=1VD6P73N3S7VO&keywords=kleenex+perfect+fit+tissues+cylinder&qid=1676083311&sprefix=Kleenex+Perfect,aps,100&sr=8-6

094AAB45-44B5-4C2B-BE19-AA59089E022D.jpeg

8A145F0E-E3CA-4AB8-8B89-2A9F6B8825A9.jpeg

A0920410-D647-496E-B378-31B22FCD841F.jpeg
Interesting, thanks for sharing.

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sponsored

AznMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Lariat Built 3-9-23, Chevy EUV, Lexus RX350
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have had the little dash top thingy in my Amazon list for a while, and just ordered it. I’m hoping it provides a level surface to mount our GPS suction cup, as we like having it centered above the screen, but we’ll see.

(I’m thrilled we can use Maps and Waze on the Mav from our iPhones through CarPlay, but we like to use the TomTom when on the road for big trips. It’s more reliable since it uses satellite navigation, rather than phone cellular data.)
I believe you can download maps of where you are going so even if data is offline your maps will still use gps on the phone.

Hammer

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 VW GTI
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I ordered one last week and installed today. I thought the cost was high and think it will eventually go down to reasonable level but didn’t want to wait. I was also worried the plastic finish looked a little cheap in some pictures I had seen but I think it looks pretty good after actual install. Thanks for sharing your experience as it helped with my decision to purchase.

OP
OP
KdeB

KdeB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I ordered one last week and installed today. I thought the cost was high and think it will eventually go down to reasonable level but didn’t want to wait. I was also worried the plastic finish looked a little cheap in some pictures I had seen but I think it looks pretty good after actual install. Thanks for sharing your experience as it helped with my decision to purchase.
Yes, I agree it’s pricey — Price will,no doubt come down once others start making them.

I was also prepared to send it back if it didn’t look right. But I was very pleased that it matched the screen surround above it so well, both in style, color and type 9f plastic, and it ends up looking OEM.

So while not QUITE worth the cost, especially for a mod that is purely aesthetic, not practical, it made me happy.

(Well, I guess you could say it was practical because dirty fingerprints won’t show around the knobs like they would on the original light plastic …)

And hey, we’re practically neighbors, I see.

Hammer

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 VW GTI
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes, I agree it’s pricey — Price will,no doubt come down once others start making them.

I was also prepared to send it back if it didn’t look right. But I was very pleased that it matched the screen surround above it so well, both in style, color and type 9f plastic, and it ends up looking OEM.

So while not QUITE worth the cost, especially for a mod that is purely aesthetic, not practical, it made me happy.

(Well, I guess you could say it was practical because dirty fingerprints won’t show around the knobs like they would on the original light plastic …)

And hey, we’re practically neighbors, I see.
I didn’t regret spending the money after install so that is the test to pass for me … I’m about 25 miles south of you. I get up to the del watergap fairly often. Beautiful scenery there.

futuremavowner

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks for posting this. It looks great. I bought one and it’s sitting in my office with several other items I’ve bought for my Maverick scheduled to be built next week. I wasn’t sure about how it would look but after seeing your photo I have no doubt it will be a positive addition!

It looks like you have added the black plastic trim that fits over the selector knob, buttons and cup holders. How do you like that fit, finish and look?
Sponsored

Last edited: