Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick & Civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Does the lid still close snuggly?
Yes, My review on Etsy stated the upper tabs are designed a few tenths too thick and the designer said a “V2” will solve that. But the original files work great. The lid is more snug than without the tray. Look at the current Etsy listing, I believe the designer has now modified the design.

mcgarveyjb

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT W/Lux and spray in
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's been a long haul for me from ordering my Cactus Gray XLT with spray in bed liner back in July, 2021. I finally took delivery on April 15, 2022 and paid MSRP. I must admit that going without a vehicle for four months ( as my lease had been returned in December 2021 ) made me really appreciate having a vehicle, other than our motorhome and golf cart, but the wait was well worth it as this truck has lived up to every expectation I hoped for.

The interior is great! Yes it is plastic, but blue and not the basic black, gray and seldom seen tan that has become a staple in American cars since the late 1980s. I look forward to every drive. Sitting in the firm cloth seats which remind me of denim fabric is very nice compared to the leather seats we have had in our last five vehicles from Ford, GM, Subaru and Honda. Cloth breaths and can be very comfortable. Cloth just does not have the stigma of elite drivers I suppose. But for a new truck that costs $27000, I will be very happy and excited by cloth.

The fit and finish is great. My neighbor looked at it and was simply amazed at the rubber trim around doors and windows, commenting it looks better than his $60,000 sedan. I was very honored and surprised by his candid comment.

I have driven the truck two months now and have just over 1200 miles. I am starting my third full tank of gas at this time and am getting an average of 46.7 miles per gallon. I'm sure this will decrease as the Palm Springs heat turns up to daily temps over 110, which will require the AC to run non stop for a few weeks.

The radio and 8 inch screen have offered no surprises or problems for me. I added a cubby box and phone holder and use my android for almost everything I need while driving. Visibility from the driver sight is great as the front end being square gives you a direct view of where the truck's foot print is when parking. The truck seems big compared to my latest Subartu Forester, but I think it's the beefy tires that give it such a rugged look. Very happy I went with the XLT package as these wheels really POP with my cactus gray color.

Every day someone asks to see the Maverick and I always tell them my story of the long delay, but always end with I am happy and have no regrets.

Anyone who wants a New Truck that is affordable, comfortable, and great to drive should look seriously at this truck. As one guy told me "Ford has hit this one out of the park, and nobody can touch it for the value and appearance.

I have owned over 40 cars, trucks, boats and RVs throughout my 50 years of driving and can honestly say this was one of the best choices I have ever made. I have always purchased new cars and feel lucky to have been able to do so. This was the funnest purchase I ever had as I knew what the price would be, I didn't have to "work a deal" or fight to get a better price. It's also the first time I ever paid MSRP for any car; yet I am happy and very confident that this was probably the only time I will be able to say this.

This forum has at times been very argumentative and at one time many mean comments were thrown in my face when I questioned why anyone would pay over MSRP. I still maintain that no one should pay more than MSRP just because there is a high demand and shortage of product. But everyone knows what that new car smell is worth to them and I guess I value money differently than some people. I have no problem spending money for a product that I need and that appears to be of good quality, but I don't think manufacturer's suggested retail needs to be increased just because a dealer can do it.
I'll be leaving the sit for most likely a long time as I don't have the time or desire to continue to hear the negative comments of some just because they feel they need an audience. Patience is something we hopefully learn as a child. No one likes to wait, and sometimes the wait seems forever, but I can say in this case the wait was worth it for me.

Happy driving to everyone and I hope Ford continues in this path of making vehicles drivers want to drive and can be proud to own. Have great time!

2006 mustang convertable1.jpg
You just told my story brother, thanks

Sponsored

OP
OP

DesertMaverick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Transit HD, Subaru Forester
OP. I see from your signature you have a Ford Transit HD. I assume that is your motorhome. Have you set up your Maverick for flat tow? If so, any feedback on the Mav as towed vehicle and on Transit performance with that load behind? What is the dry weight of your Maverick?
Thanks
I haven't set the Maverick up for flat towing yet, but my decision on the hybrid was driven by the ability to flat tow this behind our motorhome. Problem may be that the Transit can only tow 3500 and the maverick is heavier. I may have to trade the motorhome to a F350 or F450 to allow ne to tow without concern. I really like the Transit RV as my mileage is `14 plus mpg. Right now I'm happy to have the good mileage on the RV since gas price as are outrageous. We just drive the Maverick behind (since it's using such little gas it makes sense for short travels right now. Happy trails!