Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I agree, people do modify to suit. However as nice as that is, and for that amount of money spent, I'm not going to buy it, and right away cut and modify it with access holes in different spots. Add a drill hole or 2 for fasteners ya sure I would do something like that, but cut a different access hole, ummm no. I will wait until a maverick ecoboost specific one is made. Otherwise I will make my own.
Not everybody can wait, then again I dont have a maverick yet so waiting is my jam.
Sponsored

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Silverado , 07 mustang, 69 barracuda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not everybody can wait, then again I dont have a maverick yet so waiting is my jam.
I waited 320 days for my truck after I ordered it. Waited 6 months for correct maverick spec lowering springs. I can wait for these folks to get a ecoboost maverick to design a skid plate.

NoVaJimmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lexus GX 460
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'd advise them to join this forum like they have with the Bronco Sport. :)
They said they reached out to the site admins for permission to solicit for a Maverick for measurements and test fitting but never heard back. They know the site has sponsors and don't want to step on any toes which I think says a lot for the kind of people running the business, stand up. Hopefully they've been able to work something out with a Houston area Mav owner.

OP
OP

Kevin H.

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
They are trying to develop one for the Maverick but haven't been able to get their hands on a Maverick for measurements and test fitting. I've exchanged a few emails with them and they are super friendly and seem motivated to bring products for the Maverick to market. If anyone is in the Houston area reach out to them. They said they are looking for an ecoboost Maverick specifically.
I had emailed them, too, and got a pretty quick reply saying they should be looking at making one soon. The access hole for oil changes is nice.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I waited 320 days for my truck after I ordered it. Waited 6 months for correct maverick spec lowering springs. I can wait for these folks to get a ecoboost maverick to design a skid plate.
We know so much about waiting around here you'd think we'd be rolling in tips!

Sponsored

Kenny

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT 2.0 Ecoboost with AWD, Tow Pkg
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don't get why you would need a welder. I have the FX4 and today removed my skid plate to change oil. I forgot it is heavy steel and am thinking of replacing with aluminum. All you would need if no one makes one is to go to a steel supply and get some 1/8-3/16 thick aluminum the right size, make one or two bends, drill some holes and make some cuts, then file the edges smooth.

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don't get why you would need a welder. I have the FX4 and today removed my skid plate to change oil. I forgot it is heavy steel and am thinking of replacing with aluminum. All you would need if no one makes one is to go to a steel supply and get some 1/8-3/16 thick aluminum the right size, make one or two bends, drill some holes and make some cuts, then file the edges smooth.
Kenny, do you have a part number stamped on that FX4 skidplate? If so could you PM me with it

Kenny

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Kenny, do you have a part number stamped on that FX4 skidplate? If so could you PM me with it
I did not look for a part number before replacing it. I don't know if there is one. I posted a picture of mine on a Maverick FB group yesterday because the plastic air scoop to my PTU was gone, wondering how important that part is. One guy answered that you cannot order that plastic scoop, and that even the skid plate cannot be ordered from Ford.

NoVaJimmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lexus GX 460
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I did not look for a part number before replacing it. I don't know if there is one. I posted a picture of mine on a Maverick FB group yesterday because the plastic air scoop to my PTU was gone, wondering how important that part is. One guy answered that you cannot order that plastic scoop, and that even the skid plate cannot be ordered from Ford.
I ran over a muffler on the highway which damaged the fabric engine shield and broke the PTU air scoop. Thankfully it must have brushed against the panel and just shredded the fabric material and the scoop was still there but two of the plastic tabs holding it together broke so it was hanging down on one side. I also inquired about purchasing the metal skid plate which comes standard on the FX4 but was told there is no associated part number and the plates can't be purchased standalone. I wound up just using JB Weld to repair the PTU air scoop and it's pretty solid now but I'm looking forward to a company coming out with a metal skid place to replace the damaged fabric panel I have there.

Kenny

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm looking forward to a company coming out with a metal skid place to replace the damaged fabric panel I have there.
You would think someone would make a cooler looking aluminum one but it doesn't look like they have yet. Probably because the Mav is not that common. If I fabricate an aluminum one with air scoop built in next summer I'll post pictures and dimensions here.

Sponsored

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
There is a part number on it guaranteed. Just because you cannot order it thru Ford right now, does not mean it will not be available in the future as a service part. A case in point is the rail track setup on the lux pak and lariat. When this truck first came out, I think the only thing that was available as service parts was the common hardware to mount these. Now the pieces are available as service parts, and the tracks are available complete as an add on accessory thru the parts department now complete with a kit part number.

I suspect with the FX4 and Tremor options popularity on these models that it may be up to a year before the skid plate is available as a service part. I have some 1/8" steel sheet for fabrication at the house I can use and use my fiber cover as a chinese blueprint to make this if need be. With this I can make access covers that fit in place with Dzus buttons and hinges just like aircraft access panels. Hinge in the front, fasteners in the back. I have a 12' wide metal brake at work I can use to bend this up.

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You would think someone would make a cooler looking aluminum one but it doesn't look like they have yet. Probably because the Mav is not that common. If I fabricate an aluminum one with air scoop built in next summer I'll post pictures and dimensions here.
Post #8 has a link to the guys making one for the bronco sport. It looks like a quality piece. My only issue with it is there are no removable service access panels for oil changes. The one thing I'm not happy about is removing a bunch of screws to drop a whole underside panel just to change the oil and filter.

Kenny

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Post #8 has a link to the guys making one for the bronco sport. It looks like a quality piece. My only issue with it is there are no removable service access panels for oil changes. The one thing I'm not happy about is removing a bunch of screws to drop a whole underside panel just to change the oil and filter.
It was hard the first time to remove the Mav skid plate because of the six 13mm bolts that are Locktited in. I lubricated them going back so they come out easy. Now when I do oil changes, I go under the truck with my impact driver and T-27 bit (for 4 screws on front) and 13mm socket (for 6 bolts), and zip them off in just a minute. I looked at fabricating a small plate right where the 15mm drain bolt is, but it's too close to the air scoop for the PTU.

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
They are trying to develop one for the Maverick but haven't been able to get their hands on a Maverick for measurements and test fitting. I've exchanged a few emails with them and they are super friendly and seem motivated to bring products for the Maverick to market. If anyone is in the Houston area reach out to them. They said they are looking for an ecoboost Maverick specifically.
I'm in metro Houston. Mine hasn't come in yet but when it does (hopefully next month) if they still need some help I'll see what I can do. Maybe they'll reciprocate with some cool stuff.

I'm getting FX4 and 4k so should have anything they need covered.

NoVaJimmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lexus GX 460
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm in metro Houston. Mine hasn't come in yet but when it does (hopefully next month) if they still need some help I'll see what I can do. Maybe they'll reciprocate with some cool stuff.

I'm getting FX4 and 4k so should have anything they need covered.
Think they were looking for someone without FX4 but I'm not sure if mounting points are different for FX4 skid plates and the fiber engine shield that comes on non FX4. I don't see why they'd be different but you never know with Ford. I believe one of the Houston members I reached out to got in touch with them
Sponsored