First Name
Vinh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just some photos and opinions from shorter drivers. Will be wife's truck. I daily a F150. The Mav is tiny on the outside at any angle. Looks much smaller than the Explorer although they are suppose to be similar in length. Mav looks cute in size but very handsome in design. Not sure why some people say they think the truck looks bigger in person than it is in pictures. Wife anh I both think it's at least as small as pictures if not smaller. I am rather short at 5'5" and I can touch the bottom of the bed without tippy toe. With the seat adjusted as high as possible my feet can still reach the ground from the driver seat. All the surprises was the interior. It's roomy to say the least. I sitting behind myself had leg room for days. If I sit behind my wife there would be even more leg room. Seats felt excellent for smaller builds. Every single materials looks and feels nice. The base audio system sounds O..K. The steering wheel is too small and looks a bit cheap. The doors have some heft and close with a good solid feel. Overall we didn't have very high expectations for a 21500 entry level ecomy vehicle but pleasantly surprise with what we saw. Wife loves it really. We ordered a pepper red Hybrid XLT with sunroof and 360. Build week of 10/11. If we could do it again we would go Lariat but thankful the XLT is already too nice for the money. I know I only gave subjective opinions so just take it as a data point. Cheers!

Updated with more feedback:

The manual seat height adjuster is quite precise and can be adjusted to accomodate any torso length. Both wife and I enjoy the tallest most commanding view possible from the driver seat so we adjust all of our cars seat as high as possible for our reach.

Being 5'5" I can can adjust both the F150 and the Mav seats as high as possible to see almost all of the hood and still reaching the petals comfortably. Only difference is with the Mav I have to bend down my head slightly to not hit the roof during exit. I can avoid this by lowering the seat but I would lose some of the desired commanding view.

Wife is 5'1" and she too enjoy the height of the seat all the way up but unfortunately her legs cant reach the petals so she has to lower the seat partway to accomodate reach and thus have less view of the hood and surrounding.

If anyone is worrying about size in general then I would say let it be the exterior. The interior is physics defyingly roomy and can likely accomodate any height drivers with comfort.

The bed of the truck is very useful and roomy too due to the fact that the narrow and low wheel wells are situated as far forward as possible creating the least amount of "hot spots" to obstruct cargo deposit and removal.

The tail gate is not as light as I expected just like the doors may be because I am used to the F150's being aluminum. I would consider hydraulic assist if you have weaker arms/wrist. Will have it installed for wife.

Gray painted XLT wheels looks great in person. The design is somewhat exotic for a budget truck.

The Mav I sat in does not have a moonroof so the interior felt a tiny bit dark in the shades. We ordered the moonroof just for the additional lighting alone hopping it will brighten/liven up the cabin a bit more.

I made a comment on the base audio system sounding O...K. Yes I did turn up the bass and treble all the way up. The power/volume/loudness is great but the clarity is lacking. Completely fine if you are not into this.

For reference I have recently or currently own these vehicles and can give my driving impression of the Hybrid when it comes if anyone is interested.
C7 Stingray
2016 F150 2.7L with a tune on 34s
2006 IS350
2002 540i

We are now a bit concern about the 192HP hybrid being underpowered but hoping it too is physic defyingly good. hahahahah

Ford Maverick 5'5" & 5'1" drivers size comparison & feedback with 2.0 Maverick - for the shorter owners / driver / passenger 20211010_101145

Ford Maverick 5'5" & 5'1" drivers size comparison & feedback with 2.0 Maverick - for the shorter owners / driver / passenger 20211010_101203

Ford Maverick 5'5" & 5'1" drivers size comparison & feedback with 2.0 Maverick - for the shorter owners / driver / passenger 20211010_101519

Ford Maverick 5'5" & 5'1" drivers size comparison & feedback with 2.0 Maverick - for the shorter owners / driver / passenger 20211010_101310

Ford Maverick 5'5" & 5'1" drivers size comparison & feedback with 2.0 Maverick - for the shorter owners / driver / passenger 20211010_101234
Ford Maverick 5'5" & 5'1" drivers size comparison & feedback with 2.0 Maverick - for the shorter owners / driver / passenger 20211010_100940
Ford Maverick 5'5" & 5'1" drivers size comparison & feedback with 2.0 Maverick - for the shorter owners / driver / passenger 20211010_101048
Ford Maverick 5'5" & 5'1" drivers size comparison & feedback with 2.0 Maverick - for the shorter owners / driver / passenger 20211010_100437
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

OTACORB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Oxford White Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You both look good sitting in that Maverick! :) It is certainly true that compared to other mid and larger trucks the Maverick is smaller. I wouldn't say it's small though having owned a previous generation Ford Ranger, it's about the same size.

tfer

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes Benz GLK250, Volvo C70
Thanks for taking the time to do this. For those of us vertically challenged, it is reassuring to know that we will have a good fit inside the Maverick.

Sponsored

Doxie_Mommy2

First Name
Kayla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord & Subaru Forester
Just some photos and opinions from shorter drivers. Will be wife's truck. I daily a F150. The Mav is tiny on the outside at any angle. Looks much smaller than the Explorer although they are suppose to be similar in length. Mav looks cute in size but very handsome in design. Not sure why some people say they think the truck looks bigger in person than it is in pictures. Wife anh I both think it's at least as small as pictures if not smaller. I am rather short at 5'5" and I can touch the bottom of the bed without tippy toe. With the seat adjusted as high as possible my feet can still reach the ground from the driver seat. All the surprises was the interior. It's roomy to say the least. I sitting behind myself had leg room for days. If I sit behind my wife there would be even more leg room. Seats felt excellent for smaller builds. Every single materials looks and feels nice. The base audio system sounds O..K. The steering wheel is too small and looks a bit cheap. The doors have some heft and close with a good solid feel. Overall we didn't have very high expectations for a 21500 entry level ecomy vehicle but pleasantly surprise with what we saw. Wife loves it really. We ordered a pepper red Hybrid XLT with sunroof and 360. Build week of 10/11. If we could do it again we would go Lariat but thankful the XLT is already too nice for the money. I know I only gave subjective opinions so just take it as a data point. Cheers!

20211010_101145.jpg

20211010_101203.jpg

20211010_101519.jpg

20211010_101310.jpg

20211010_101234.jpg
20211010_100940.jpg
20211010_101048.jpg
20211010_100437.jpg
Thanks so much for sharing this!!! I’m 4’11” and haven’t had the opportunity to sit in one yet. This helped with some of my anxiety about the size.

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Good review,was wondering about the steering wheel
I also thought the steering wheel was cheap feeling when I test drove it. I didn’t think it would break or anything just almost felt less solid than usual. I want to add a leather wrap to it after I get it.

Fixer upper

First Name
Amanda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy spark
Good review,was wondering about the steering wheel
I’m 5’1 and was able to sit in one this past weekend. The steering wheel has a lever to move it down if that’s what you are asking. Seat goes up, steering wheel down, so works well for us little people too. First truck I’ve ever been in that I can say that about.

RWR

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
awesome! just what I have been wondering, I am 5'-6"
Thanks.

Guardian

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Smartcar,Alfa Romeo Spyder,Pontiac GTO,Taurus SHO
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

At 5'2" I have never driven a car/truck I couldn't fit in. I knew that this truck would work and these pictures confirm it. Steering wheels and seats are even more adjustable these days. This is going to be a piece of cake!!!

Sponsored

wjg

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

20211010_101145.jpg

20211010_101203.jpg

20211010_101519.jpg

20211010_101310.jpg

20211010_101234.jpg
20211010_100940.jpg
20211010_101048.jpg
20211010_100437.jpg
Anyone know the outside diameter of that steering wheel?

RebellaE

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, Lux, 360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Thank you! I'm 5'2" and got to sit in one last week. Hadn't had a chance to post about it yet. My thoughts: I can drive any vehicle I've ever tried, but seat configurations aren't always comfortable. The Maverick was great! The steering wheel went in toward the dash a decent amount. The seat length front-to-back wasn't too long (a common problem for me that leads to lower back fatigue). The height off the floorboard was good as well. I felt very comfortable and didn't need to do any extreme adjusting to get the airbag out of my face. It's still closer than the recommended 12" from my body, but with a new generation airbag, its about as good as I think I'm going to get.

Bill R

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MKZ

20211010_101145.jpg

20211010_101203.jpg

20211010_101519.jpg

20211010_101310.jpg

20211010_101234.jpg
20211010_100940.jpg
20211010_101048.jpg
20211010_100437.jpg
Thanks for the information
I am 5'5" too

D&Dmav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MINI & Ford
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks for the photos, I am also not 6 feet tall. I like that you can reach the bottom of the box. I am to old to be jumping on the rear tire to get anything out of the box.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for the information
I am 5'5" too
I am 6'1" but my mother had shorter legs and the car's seat we had to share was very hard to adjust so I learned to adapt and to this day at 78 I almost always don't adjust seat. Am getting XLT with first ever electric seat. Do not know how it works but does it remember settings and gets ready for driver A or B based on which key is approaching driver's door? No big deal but I wouldn't want to mess with my wife's seat positioning.
Sponsored