Vehicle(s)
2023 Kia Seltos S
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have used their tune on:
2015 Ford F250 6.2L
2011 Class A motor home V10
2019 Class C motor home V10

I have been very pleased with the performance.

I just got my hybrid Maverick and haven’t decided if I will look into it for it or not.

Last edited:

Dueces

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD Maverick XL, 2004 Insight Turbo
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have been running 5Star since a week after getting my Mav. They have worked with me to get the Mav as polished as I needed it. Once you order, they'll send you your tuner, and do some back and forth to get some numbers from the truck, then they will get you your base tunes.

I would order as many tunes as possibe, as each extra tune is only $10, but to reorder one later is more expensive. I run an 87 octane performance/tow tune, 91, 93, and an E30 tune.

Each tune will need to be datalogged, and sent in so they can make sure everything is working good, then they can push the tune harder and make adjustments until its how you like it.

They were responsive for the most part, but for a few months it was taking a while because they had released the 2023+ f150 tunes, and they were slammed with that. That being said, I have probably had 50 revisions from them due to all the modifications I've done as well, and they were always happy to help!

QuikRik has 49,500 miles on it, and it was tuned at 1,000 miles. I have had zero mechanical failures, and still get 28-30 mpgs when running 87-93 octane. E30 is around 26ish mpgs. My performance numbers won't help you much as I have a Corsair turbo, and my day to day setup runs mid to low 12s in the quarter. With just a tune, you can expect to be in the high 13s, which is still a fun step up from stock!

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have been running 5Star since a week after getting my Mav. They have worked with me to get the Mav as polished as I needed it. Once you order, they'll send you your tuner, and do some back and forth to get some numbers from the truck, then they will get you your base tunes.

I would order as many tunes as possibe, as each extra tune is only $10, but to reorder one later is more expensive. I run an 87 octane performance/tow tune, 91, 93, and an E30 tune.

Each tune will need to be datalogged, and sent in so they can make sure everything is working good, then they can push the tune harder and make adjustments until its how you like it.

They were responsive for the most part, but for a few months it was taking a while because they had released the 2023+ f150 tunes, and they were slammed with that. That being said, I have probably had 50 revisions from them due to all the modifications I've done as well, and they were always happy to help!

QuikRik has 49,500 miles on it, and it was tuned at 1,000 miles. I have had zero mechanical failures, and still get 28-30 mpgs when running 87-93 octane. E30 is around 26ish mpgs. My performance numbers won't help you much as I have a Corsair turbo, and my day to day setup runs mid to low 12s in the quarter. With just a tune, you can expect to be in the high 13s, which is still a fun step up from stock!
That's encouraging to see ~50K on the 8F35/RDU with no issues! Do you keep your street tires on at the track as well?

Sponsored

Dueces

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD Maverick XL, 2004 Insight Turbo
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That's encouraging to see ~50K on the 8F35/RDU with no issues! Do you keep your street tires on at the track as well?
I changed the fluids at 38k miles I believe? I probably should change them every 20k miles, if I'm going to be running the truck hard.

Yes I was running the steelies/procontacts at the track. Next time I go it'll be on the bronco sport wheels, with the procontacts, unless I get new tires by then. Zero spin at the track, slight spin on the street, but very minimal.

OP
OP

macarnger

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Tremor, GMC 2500HD, & Miata, Acura RDX
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

After several hours of consultation with Jim Beam Friday night, we took the plunge on 5 Star Tuning. Purchased a few tunes and the 5yr/60,000-mile warranty. Have already installed an S&B cold air intake, Thermal R&D 3" cat back exhaust and a Pedal Commander. These mods alone really woke up the truck. Hoping I don't regret the purchase. My Tremor is a daily driver. I purchased the warranty for peace of mind. Don't plan on beating on truck hard, but it will be fun as a sleeper around town.
Sponsored