Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Updated with new video from today 1/24 -- Alex on Autos announcing the 2022 Maverick as the Best New Vehicle on Sale Today.

Yes, the 2022 Maverick is an obvious game changer for both the new car & truck worlds. It combines the best of both worlds with great payload, comfort, quietness, and as good og mpg as most all Hybrid automobiles. Overall reviews have been well beyond positive expectation, and supplies (especially Hybrid) are months away. With all this inf Mav's favor, it will be a long while before anything competitor surpasses it. Well done, Ford!

MightyMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is why I'm glad I ordered when I did back in September. I had a feeling Ford would have to shut down all new orders for the Maverick eventually. It was a long time coming considering the circumstances right now. I have to say it really is a game changer because it resurrects a category of truck that has been long absent during the last 20 years or so, and that is the compact truck. Not only that, it brings back what customers have been begging for years now which is affordability in a truck. Vehicles are so damn expensive right now as they get bigger, more computerized, and loaded with so many safety and convenience features to make your head spin. As a result, prices have bubbled to an extreme high to the point that new vehicle prices have jumped 13% in the last year. The Maverick is literally a breath of fresh air in this category (except for dealers marking them up) with great versatility and convenience for the price of an equivalent compact hatchback, sedan, or crossover for under $30,000 or even $25,000. That is unheard of in today's market so I'm glad Ford took a chance to bring back an extinct segment we've been craving for and it sure as hell payed off. Great job Ford. (y) I sure can't wait for mine which I am very fortunate about, considering many others haven't yet had that chance and never will have that chance anytime soon with this recent cancellation.

WesM

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is why I'm glad I ordered when I did back in September. I had a feeling Ford would have to shut down all new orders for the Maverick eventually. It was a long time coming considering the circumstances right now. I have to say it really is a game changer because it resurrects a category of truck that has been long absent during the last 20 years or so, and that is the compact truck. Not only that, it brings back what customers have been begging for years now which is affordability in a truck. Vehicles are so damn expensive right now as they get bigger, more computerized, and loaded with so many safety and convenience features to make your head spin. As a result, prices have bubbled to an extreme high to the point that new vehicle prices have jumped 13% in the last year. The Maverick is literally a breath of fresh air in this category (except for dealers marking them up) with great versatility and convenience for the price of an equivalent compact hatchback, sedan, or crossover for under $30,000 or even $25,000. That is unheard of in today's market so I'm glad Ford took a chance to bring back an extinct segment we've been craving for and it sure as hell payed off. Great job Ford. (y) I sure can't wait for mine which I am very fortunate about, considering many others haven't yet had that chance and never will have that chance anytime soon with this recent cancellation.
Same here, I was initially planning on ordering in January, but I saw the early popularity of this vehicle and especially the hybrid, so I went ahead and ordered in Aug. Very glad I did that now.

Sponsored

DHarbaugh

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Ford F-150, 2016 Ford Flex
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Updated with new video from today 1/24 -- Alex on Autos announcing the 2022 Maverick as the Best New Vehicle on Sale Today.

This is very thorough and detailed but not boring. Good video and nice comparisons. 👍🤩
Sponsored