Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Yeah, I saw that (and like it) but I think I would modify it to make it taller, and use multiple runs of PVC. I'd have to buy the PVC, whereas I just happen to have the needed 2x2s and 1/4" plywood on hand. These are left over from converting my sister's van into a camper. (That was a fun project, by the way.) And since I'm retired, my time is pretty cheap these days!

One other thing I'm going to do is to add some small hooks to the top rail so we can hang those dang plastic grocery bags. That way they won't slide around on the floor and scatter all the contents.
Sponsored

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU; 2019 MX-5; 2023 & 2024 Mavericks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah, I saw that (and like it) but I think I would modify it to make it taller, and use multiple runs of PVC. I'd have to buy the PVC, whereas I just happen to have the needed 2x2s and 1/4" plywood on hand. These are left over from converting my sister's van into a camper. (That was a fun project, by the way.) And since I'm retired, my time is pretty cheap these days!

One other thing I'm going to do is to add some small hooks to the top rail so we can hang those dang plastic grocery bags. That way they won't slide around on the floor and scatter all the contents.
As a caveat, this barely fit in the slot at this height. If you make one taller, it might work if the top was narrower than full width of the bed. I moved on to the Ford Bed Divider to "treat" the truck.

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU; 2019 MX-5; 2023 & 2024 Mavericks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My truck was delivered on 3/6. I noticed yours said 3/8. How do you like yours so far?
Absolutely love it. Gets better mileage than my C-Max! Zero complaints about anything on the truck. I was very used to regenerative brakes...and I'm even getting used to spinning the shift knob.

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I would infer the same 2X6 @ 54-1/4" would fit perfectly across each of the three slots above the wheel well?
I have read in other posts they are different.

Sponsored

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Here's a picture that shows all the dimensions. I can't take credit, as I found it elsewhere on the forum... (But I do like the fact that it's in the best Maverick color! 🤣 )
Ford Maverick 2x6 Bed Divider for the Flexbed Bed Divider Dimensions

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Silverado , 07 mustang, 69 barracuda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have an idea for a light gage 1" steel tube divider with expanded steel mesh in the center for this spot. I am a welder by hobby. Aircraft sheetmetal fabricator by trade. I have a couple ideas bouncing around in my head right now. One uses hinges in the middle to wedge and lock into place. Been pursuing solutions to that one in my head lately. Whatever I dream up I will likely powdercoat it. The part that wedges into the bed side notch out will be wider, and have either felt or rubber glued to it.

E30andrew

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 XLT FX4 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Here's a picture that shows all the dimensions. I can't take credit, as I found it elsewhere on the forum... (But I do like the fact that it's in the best Maverick color! 🤣 )
Bed Divider Dimensions.png
Was just coming in here to post this pic again lol

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Was just coming in here to post this pic again lol
If you are the guy who originally posted it, I just want to say "THANKS"... It has come in handy a bunch of times!

E30andrew

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 XLT FX4 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you are the guy who originally posted it, I just want to say "THANKS"... It has come in handy a bunch of times!
lol I wish I was that guy - like you, I found it a long time ago and keep it bookmarked. I post it anytime a similar question comes up 😂 I need to go find the OP so I can link his thread in the future.

Sponsored

rclee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Maverick Lux,A51,Hybrid,Rear Slider.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I just found this thread because I was tired of putting bungie cords on everything back there. I went to Menards and bought a 2x6 eight footer. I sanded and poly stained it. I was thinking about the grocery bags and other things you may put there and came up with a cheap elegant solution. Screw in door stoppers. They are cheap and you can but the bag handles around them so your groceries don't go flying around. All in about $25.00.

Ford Maverick 2x6 Bed Divider for the Flexbed 2x6 bed divider with door stoppers

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I just found this thread because I was tired of putting bungie cords on everything back there. I went to Menards and bought a 2x6 eight footer. I sanded and poly stained it. I was thinking about the grocery bags and other things you may put there and came up with a cheap elegant solution. Screw in door stoppers. They are cheap and you can but the bag handles around them so your groceries don't go flying around. All in about $25.00.
I saw one guy who had "stacked" a couple of those 2x6s (might have used dowels to lock them together?), and used something like Command Hooks across the top one to hold the bags in place.

DuffCon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Ascent
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My take. 2x4s with 3” pocket hole spacers. I cut 45s in the corners to make removing it easier.

Ford Maverick 2x6 Bed Divider for the Flexbed IMG_0102

Ford Maverick 2x6 Bed Divider for the Flexbed IMG_0103

blizbiggy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Unless you have small grocery bags, thi was lighter and easier to make.

IMG20230413095638.jpg
Off topic, but after seeing your black and red tailgate insert letters, I had to find them on amazon and put them in my cart. I have the same color as you coming, and it looks good on your truck!

On topic, I have some 2x8's that have been laying around since last year that I'm going to use as a divider. After seeing OP's 2x6, I think the extra few inches will be good. I may consider making boxes and sliding it in the bed slot.
Sponsored