First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL awd
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
10 years ago, I blew out 3 discs in my lower back. Last year, I drove my wife's CH-R out to Missouri and back, and it was a rough trip, spent some time on the side of the road laying down to stretch. I didn't want to make another long trip in her car.

When I thought about buying my Mav, I had a moment of hesitation because I figured a cheap truck isn't going to be comfortable but after my test drive I knew it was going to be better than the CH-R. We took 8 days to go down the west coast (Northern California's HWY 1 was so much fun for me with all the tight turns, I made her car sick), spent 3 of those in LA and took I-5 home. Not once did I have any sciatica on the trip and didn't tire out as quick.

I meant to get cruise installed before going but that didn't happen and still had a far better experience.
Sponsored

pauldonis

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That’s great to hear! Especially with the XL with no lumbar adjustment. I am in a similar situation and will be driving up to 6 hours away to get my Maverick at the beginning of July. I am concerned as I’ve not driven that length of time for a long time. I was pleasantly surprised when I test drove an XL last year that it was quite comfortable on my back. The one I’m getting will have the power seats with the lumbar adjustment.

If you don’t mind my asking, what is your “sitting tolerance” typically before your back starts bothering you?

Sykotyk

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Bad back here. I had a Buick Regal that had the big plush seats and was worried about the maverick. Got the lariat and got in it day one felt a little nervous about long trips. The seats are a bit more stiff than an 18 year old car.

However, I have gotten no issues with the maverick. I do sit the seat a little higher than all the way down to help with my hip touching the center console.

But for a small truck feels fine.

DeanR

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback Tundra F250
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
10 years ago, I blew out 3 discs in my lower back. Last year, I drove my wife's CH-R out to Missouri and back, and it was a rough trip, spent some time on the side of the road laying down to stretch. I didn't want to make another long trip in her car.

When I thought about buying my Mav, I had a moment of hesitation because I figured a cheap truck isn't going to be comfortable but after my test drive I knew it was going to be better than the CH-R. We took 8 days to go down the west coast (Northern California's HWY 1 was so much fun for me with all the tight turns, I made her car sick), spent 3 of those in LA and took I-5 home. Not once did I have any sciatica on the trip and didn't tire out as quick.

I meant to get cruise installed before going but that didn't happen and still had a far better experience.
6 Back surgeries here and a spinal cord stimulator and still working. When looking for a pickup ride was King for me. The Maverick has excellent seats and a very good ride. over 11,000 miles still love it.

pauldonis

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
6 Back surgeries here and a spinal cord stimulator and still working. When looking for a pickup ride was King for me. The Maverick has excellent seats and a very good ride. over 11,000 miles still love it.
That’s awesome that it’s comfortable for you. Do you have the power seats with lumbar adjustment?

Sponsored

DeanR

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback Tundra F250
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That’s awesome that it’s comfortable for you. Do you have the power seats with lumbar adjustment?
Yes I do wish the seat were a bit more adjustable.

wsimmonsVOXX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've driven eleven different Maverick XL models since last year, mostly short rides doing road testing of our cruise control system for customers that needed them installed, and I decided I'll absolutely be putting in a lumbar support and lower back seat heater when mine arrives in a couple weeks. I'll be using our rear-mount system, part number 250-1453, which has an air bladder that mounts behind the seat foam and pushes the foam forward for that extra support.

ComfortSeat Lumbar Support Systems
https://www.rostra.com/comfortseat-automotive-lumbar-support-by-rostra.php

Very Old Installation Video We Did

Bill Simmons
Marketing Director
VOXX Electronics Corporation

2351 J. Lawson Blvd.
Orlando, FL 32824
Sponsored