Sponsored

23P18 Powertrain Control Module PCM Reprogramming Recall?

Catin

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2023
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Same here, had I known. Never had done
Yeah me too, but I will find out if it can be reversed, (at the dealership of course), for what I heard is just a customer satisfaction thing, whatever that means!
Sponsored

Catin

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2023
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes the difference is a lot. Before the update, I used to get between 45 mpg up to 55 mpg on regular basis, never got less than 44 mpg. After the update is between 30 mpg up to no more than 40 mpg. And like you said the noise is different! I was happy about my truck because of the mileage it used to get, that was the main reason I bought a hybrid vehicle. Now I'm not so much! My truck is a Maverick X 2.5 L hybrid . I'll call the dealership to see what's going on this week!
Ford Maverick 23P18 Powertrain Control Module PCM Reprogramming Recall? IMG_20231221_045044
Ford Maverick 23P18 Powertrain Control Module PCM Reprogramming Recall? IMG_20231122_221215

Bobbydontchaknow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have to take my mav in next month for inspection. I don’t want the recalls done because of the horror stories I read on here and Reddit after the software updates. I already told them I didn’t want them performed but is ford liable to update them regardless if I want them to be done or not?

Waterick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mav Lariat, '14 Prius, '83 'Stang, more...
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I have to take my mav in next month for inspection. I don’t want the recalls done because of the horror stories I read on here and Reddit after the software updates. I already told them I didn’t want them performed but is ford liable to update them regardless if I want them to be done or not?
Can't you get the inspection done elsewhere if the recalls are still causing problems by then?
Sponsored