First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It let me select the 235's with the unique 17" rims. ?
Screenshot_20210630-131840_Chrome.jpg
It let's you on the site. In dealer is another story. When I ordered my Lariat I specifically paid attention to this and questioned the sales rep. It would only allow the 235 with the optional wheel. This was built into their ordering system.

Rabid

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
It let's you on the site. In dealer is another story. When I ordered my Lariat I specifically paid attention to this and questioned the sales rep. It would only allow the 235 with the optional wheel. This was built into their ordering system.
I was told the same thing when I ordered mine. It's odd that web-based configurator and the trim pamphlet indicate that's not the case. Ford should detail which tires size the FX4 gets on the description.

H0pelessOpus

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat - 2022 Explorer Timberline
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Has anyone considered trying to grab a set the Bronco Sport Badlands steelie look rims for the Maverick? These are the wheels that come with the optional 235/65R17 tires for that trim.

Ford Maverick 235 Aggressive AT tires should be standard in FX4 package 1625269954733

vengo97

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta, Jeep Grand Cherokee
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm curious what the steel rims cost to have an extra set for snow tires

Sponsored

atonge40

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
The steelies from the Ranger are $80-$90 each but obviously won’t fit the Maverick. Tire Rack doesn’t seem to have steelies for the Bronco Sport. Cheapest wheel is $136. The OEM steelies look ones from the Sport are expensive. They are $900/each from the dealer. Unless you find someone getting rid of them, it’s pretty much a non starter.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Tirebuyer lists steel 17" wheels for the Bronco Sport at about $70 after discount. They're one of the cheaper online outlets I've seen for tires, too, since Discount Tire and Simple Tire prices have grown more expensive.

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I just realized as well that changing to the Wildpeaks adds the $795 wheel which is not the default on the FX4. And the configurator is STILL broken, almost two months after announce!

Seriously, who the hell is making these packaging decisions at Ford? WHY does the FX4 come with these garbage tires?!?!

Last edited:

vezpa

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
EMG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You can buy my steelies from me when I receive my truck as brand new take offs. Im serious.

Sponsored

balucipher

First Name
Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator, 2021 Tesla Model Y
I ordered a XLT 2.0 4K FX4 with CoPilot and the full size spare

Did anyone catch a glimpse of the spare on the Rapid Red First Edition wearing 235s? Was the spare a matching Falken or another brand?

balucipher

First Name
Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator, 2021 Tesla Model Y
I can't confirm what the Maverick has, but on the Bronco Sports that are equipped with the 29" Wildpeaks, the spare is a 28.5" Pirelli Scorpion. I imagine the Maverick will have the same Pirelli spare that Ford considers "full-size" despite being 1/2" shorter..

I think I've watched just about all of the videos of that Lariat and no one seems to have a good view of the under side :(
Well that's annoying
Sponsored

Reactions: JJC