Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Hybrid Lariat ; 2016 Linc Navigator
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

No there is not.

Quit acting like FordPass is an equal replacement.

I like to leave my car running (because its a GDI in the North) while I run into get beer. I can lock my Mav and run in and come out and hit the keypad in 5 seconds and get in.

Are you honestly suggesting that getting my phone out, opening up an App, waiting 30 seconds, and HOPING that my vehicle unlocks is a satisfactory replacement?

You can't be serious.
all true but maybe a little strident?
Sponsored

lajlmt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Maverick XLT LUX
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I don't have my Maverick yet, but I had the service to unlock Chevy Cruze from the app. I hardly ever used it. I see how the keypad would be very convenient. Although, based on his response, I think @710-oil-614 could use a beer right about now.
I was thinking THC colonic😂

Mav_RICK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've found the app to be simply OK in the almost 3 months I've owned my Maverick. Numerous times I have had to delete and reinstall the app to get it to work. On remote start it has worked about half the time I have tried it. At some point I plan on purchasing the remote start gizmo that is plug n play and uses the buttons on the key fob. Seems like a much better solution.
Interesting. I’ve never done a reinstall and the app always remote starts for me. Admittedly I never use it to lock and unlock the doors but I expect it would work fine. Maybe you need to get out of that IPhone 7 you got there 😉

Sponsored

lajlmt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Maverick XLT LUX
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

lajlmt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Maverick XLT LUX
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

You know, it amazes me. I have just commented on the FordPass feature and I’ve had two people that are just getting nucking futts about it. Calm down! No more.

Luthinator

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24' Mav. Lariat Hybrid & 23' Ford Explorer XLT+
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

So I have a Hyundai Sonata limited, currently. When I had the subscription for the app. There was an option to create a widget on my phone that could show up on the lock screen (Android). I am not sure if iPhone has this option.
All I had to do to start or unlock the car was have the screen turn on (not even unlocked) and hit the button. Worked 100% of the time. My Google watch has the same option. My Wife's iwatch could do the same. You can even ask Google to start the car. I am assuming and hoping the Ford app will have the same thing.

Ozarkbeard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 XL CP360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

So I have a Hyundai Sonata limited, currently. When I had the subscription for the app. There was an option to create a widget on my phone that could show up on the lock screen (Android). I am not sure if iPhone has this option.
All I had to do to start or unlock the car was have the screen turn on (not even unlocked) and hit the button. Worked 100% of the time. My Google watch has the same option. My Wife's iwatch could do the same. You can even ask Google to start the car. I am assuming and hoping the Ford app will have the same thing.
If the Ford app has a widget for Android, I haven't been able to find it in the list of widgets on my Pixel 4a.

Sponsored

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was thinking THC colonic😂
I'll pass on the colonic, thanks.

I guess I can't be passionate about the keypad. Good to know!

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don't have my Maverick yet, but I had the service to unlock Chevy Cruze from the app. I hardly ever used it. I see how the keypad would be very convenient. Although, based on his response, I think @710-oil-614 could use a beer right about now.
Doesn't have a Maverick - punches down on someone for their opnion.

@RichardCranium I got you, man.

RichardCranium

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick XL 2.0 AWD 4K CP360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Doesn't have a Maverick - punches down on someone for their opnion.

@RichardCranium I got you, man.
I just thought you could use a beer.
I like the idea of the keypad. I would probably use it a lot. not willing to pay for it though.
Question for lariats with push button starts, does the truck have the sensors in the door handle that you can lock and unlock by just touching the handle?

RichardCranium

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick XL 2.0 AWD 4K CP360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I heard it will work on my apple watch. That would be convenient, if it works. Not all 3rd party apps play nice with Apple Watch though.

Last edited:

VicRattlehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Couple ford cars and a truck
Engine
Undecided
I’m buying this damn thing cause them dumbasses at ford thought it was cool to not put the keypad on. @Ford Motor Company = dumbass

Ford Maverick 2024 Maverick Review: Little truck still without peer and easy to love (Autoblog) IMG_5500
Sponsored