First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Oddly it is a feature that I use...A LOT!

In fact, my buddy who is an heir to a fairly large NE Ohio dealerships chain (hint: "Our world revolves arrrrrroooound, you!"), heavy in Chevy, made fun of me for the keypad and then somehow locked himself out of his equinox and in anger ended up ripping the driver's side door handle off....this was months ago and the handle is still back ordered.

lajlmt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Maverick XLT LUX
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

In fact, my buddy who is an heir to a fairly large NE Ohio dealerships chain (hint: "Our world revolves arrrrrroooound, you!"), heavy in Chevy, made fun of me for the keypad and then somehow locked himself out of his equinox and in anger ended up ripping the driver's side door handle off....this was months ago and the handle is still back ordered.
Well, there is always FordPass

lajlmt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Maverick XLT LUX
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

No there is not.

Quit acting like FordPass is a fucking equal replacment.

I like to leave my car running (because its a GDI in the North) while I run into get beer. I can lock my Mav and run in and come out and hit the keypad in 5 seconds and get in.

Are you honestly suggesting that getting my phone out, opening up an App, waiting 30 seconds, and HOPING that my vehicle unlocks is a satisfactory replacement?

You can't be serious.
Wow, relax😂

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No there is not.

Quit acting like FordPass is an equal replacement.

I like to leave my car running (because its a GDI in the North) while I run into get beer. I can lock my Mav and run in and come out and hit the keypad in 5 seconds and get in.

Are you honestly suggesting that getting my phone out, opening up an App, waiting 30 seconds, and HOPING that my vehicle unlocks is a satisfactory replacement?

You can't be serious.
I've found the app to be simply OK in the almost 3 months I've owned my Maverick. Numerous times I have had to delete and reinstall the app to get it to work. On remote start it has worked about half the time I have tried it. At some point I plan on purchasing the remote start gizmo that is plug n play and uses the buttons on the key fob. Seems like a much better solution.

Sponsored

lajlmt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Maverick XLT LUX
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I've found the app to be simply OK in the almost 3 months I've owned my Maverick. Numerous times I have had to delete and reinstall the app to get it to work. On remote start it has worked about half the time I have tried it. At some point I plan on purchasing the remote start gizmo that is plug n play and uses the buttons on the key fob. Seems like a much better solution.
Yeah, the only time I had a problem was when we were in Italy and the Mav “Fell asleep’

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yeah, the only time I had a problem was when we were in Italy and the Mav “Fell asleep’
Spent lots of time in Italy while in the Navy. If I were there now, it would be me falling asleep. Hahaha. Just kidding.

RichardCranium

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick XL 2.0 AWD 4K CP360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I don't have my Maverick yet, but I had the service to unlock Chevy Cruze from the app. I hardly ever used it. I see how the keypad would be very convenient. Although, based on his response, I think @710-oil-614 could use a beer right about now.

RichardCranium

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick XL 2.0 AWD 4K CP360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Spent lots of time in Italy while in the Navy. If I were there now, it would be me falling asleep. Hahaha. Just kidding.
Naps in Italy sound good to me :cool:

Old Ford Guy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Hybrid Lariat ; 2016 Linc Navigator
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

hilarious:) as a lifelong NE Ohio resident i know EXACTLY which dealership group to which you refer.
as a admitted Ford fan boi i have appreciated the keypad for decades and have often wondered why other OEM's havnt copied it, perhaps patent issues?
Sponsored