cehouston

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The only thing I requested when I ordered my 2023 was a keyless ignition. I ordered the XLT package and the dealer assured me it would be an option. Turns out, it’s not available on that trim. Will I be able to an aftermarket system or am I just out of luck?
Sponsored

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The only thing I requested when I ordered my 2023 was a keyless ignition. I ordered the XLT package and the dealer assured me it would be an option. Turns out, it’s not available on that trim. Will I be able to an aftermarket system or am I just out of luck?
Keyless entry is on all trims. That's just the standard fob with remote lock/unlock.

Intelligent access with push-button start - where you just walk up to the door, grab the handle, and it unlocks - is standard on Lariat and not available on XL or XLT.

That's not a simple or inexpensive thing to retrofit in. Suppose it's possible but probably not worth the cost.

pndwind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F450 Amb
Engine
Undecided
That’s why I ended up ordering a 23 lariat. A lot of dealers suck. If you find a good dealer stick with them.
Ford Maverick 2023 XLT keyless ignition 1666046150870

Please kids don’t do drugs. 🤔

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
That’s why I ended up ordering a 23 lariat. A lot of dealers suck. If you find a good dealer stick with them.
While it can be easy to point the finger at the dealer for misinformation some of the blame can be put squarely on the OP. I mean c'mon who purchases a $24K+ product and doesn't do their research first?

Seriously this ain't a fucking vacuum cleaner you are buying off Amazon for $400 it's a big purchase. A little due diligence can go along way.

pndwind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F450 Amb
Engine
Undecided
While it can be easy to point the finger at the dealer for misinformation some of the blame can be put squarely on the OP. I mean c'mon who purchases a $24K+ product and doesn't do their research first?

Seriously this ain't a fucking vacuum cleaner you are buying off Amazon for $400 it's a big purchase. A little due diligence can go along way.
If I buy a $24,000 piece of machinery for a business, say a machine shop, I expect the salesman to know what it does. 😂

Sponsored

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If I buy a $24,000 piece of machinery for a business, say a machine shop, I expect the salesman to know what it does. 😂
Unfortunately, sales, much like marketing, exists solely to convince you to part with your money. Very little they say has any legal standing. It's best to take the approach to trust but verify, or not trust at all.

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
I recently purchased a $42K piece of equipment for my business and you bet your ass I didn't just trust the salesman. I did my research then listened to what the salesman had to say then made a decision.

Ford Maverick 2023 XLT keyless ignition Scan

pndwind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F450 Amb
Engine
Undecided
I recently purchased a $42K piece of equipment for my business and you bet your ass I didn't just trust the salesman. I did my research then listened to what the salesman had to say then made a decision.

Scan.jpg
Now I never said trust anyone.

Tiger Dude

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

It's so important to you to maintain a crap experience on here you gotta show your ass and cuss up someone just asking a question? Is this how you live your life? How miserable are you? Try getting outside and thinking about how the world doesn't have to be brought down to your level of misery.

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
It's so important to you to maintain a crap experience on here you gotta show your ass and cuss up someone just asking a question? Is this how you live your life? How miserable are you? Try getting outside and thinking about how the world doesn't have to be brought down to your level of misery.
Yeah ok bro.........:rolleyes:

Sponsored

Pickles

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia rio, kia sorento
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Keyless entry is on all trims. That's just the standard fob with remote lock/unlock.

Intelligent access with push-button start - where you just walk up to the door, grab the handle, and it unlocks - is standard on Lariat and not available on XL or XLT.

That's not a simple or inexpensive thing to retrofit in. Suppose it's possible but probably not worth the cost.
Keyless ignition he said. So remote start i assume? Which also is on all trims through ford app lol

shocontinental

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Keyless ignition he said. So remote start i assume? Which also is on all trims through ford app lol
I assume OP is asking about push button start. Just a matter of getting all the wiring and module(s) but won't be plug and play.

The only thing I requested when I ordered my 2023 was a keyless ignition.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.