ViperAir

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Generally, second model year, the quality is better. Anyone noticed the quality difference between early 2022 to late 2022??? It would be an indicator that they have improved after running the line for a year.
Sponsored

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Generally, second model year, the quality is better. Anyone noticed the quality difference between early 2022 to late 2022??? It would be an indicator that they have improved after running the line for a year.
I'd be amazed if people got a 22 and a 23.

Chicolini

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150s, Mustang GT Convertible, Mazda B3000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My EcoBoost was built in early April. My Hybrid was built late August.

Both have been flawless. I am very pleased with the build quality.

westyman71

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XL Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I bought 2. XLT hybrid was produced in September, 2021
XL Ecoboost was built in September, 2022.
Both are constructed well.
I did not notice any difference.
Take care and best wishes
Chuck

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Usually, it is the number of recalls that affect the earlier runs, which is what we have seen so far. It generally won't be things you notice but things that Ford doesn't have to pull you back to fix.

Sponsored

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don't think you're going to see an improvement in build quality with anything from Ford unfortunately.

NiceDawg

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'd be amazed if people got a 22 and a 23.
I had a 22' lariat hybrid and it was good build quality. I have an XLT tremor that was scheduled for be built starting today but got pushed to Mid December. I'll compare, I'm thinking late January, barring any rail strikes etc and shortages.

AntD

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I had a 22' lariat hybrid and it was good build quality. I have an XLT tremor that was scheduled for be built starting today but got pushed to Mid December. I'll compare, I'm thinking late January, barring any rail strikes etc and shortages.
Wow. So awesome that your tremor was scheduled. Hoping my Lariat Tremor get scheduled soon.

NiceDawg

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wow. So awesome that your tremor was scheduled. Hoping my Lariat Tremor get scheduled soon.
I'm looking forward to it. I also have an XL hybrid on order but no updates to timing.

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Don’t think they would have any differences ,other than hybrid recall and airbag recall

Sponsored
OP
OP
ViperAir

ViperAir

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't know what manufacturers do with the production line between build years. I am assuming that tooling gets updated, improve production efficiency, new parts, etc.. The longer into the production run, the better the workers are at assembling them. Will keep my fingers cross on my 12/19 production date...

gwrace14651

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I watched the factory tour build videos for the Mexico plant. Much of the work is done by robots. I was pretty impressed with the build quality of my sons late August 2022 XLT. He is having a blast with it.

Hoagus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘02 Ranger, ‘22 Mav XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't know what manufacturers do with the production line between build years. I am assuming that tooling gets updated, improve production efficiency, new parts, etc.. The longer into the production run, the better the workers are at assembling them. Will keep my fingers cross on my 12/19 production date...
Based on reports here from fall of ‘21 to present, the build quality has improved. There were initially problems with bad welds, windshields that snapped, interior parts and many others. These kinds of issues became less frequent through the spring of this year.

Other issues, such as the battery harness and others I can’t recall right now were resolved with re-engineered parts installed after a specific date.

So yes, build quality has improved during the ‘22 model year alone. More improvements will undoubtedly be made as time rolls along.

There‘s an unfortunate trope regarding build quality being promoted, but these people seem to be malcontents who can only cite one or two minor issues, which are to be expected to some extent in a new type of vehicle.

The vast majority of more recently built Mavericks seem to be very well built.

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The downtime between MY22 and 23 will be nil this year with any maintenance activities happening over Xmas shutdown. There are no significant part changes other than refining existing parts with known issues and that happens all year long in any case.
Parts improve, workers improve, good luck on your build date. Patiently waiting on mine.
Sponsored