First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 ford maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
At about 6000 miles I took my maverick to dealership and they had to wait on ford to tell them what to do about the shaking ford finally told them to replace my axles so the did both axles got it back drove fine for about 4000 miles and last week it started to do the shaking again took it back to dealer and now waiting for ford to tell them what to do next has anyone had this happen to them
Sponsored

Deleted member 1483

Yes, my truck shakes on mid-hard acceleration. I am pending getting the axels replaced. Replacing the transmission mount didn't fix it.

Not happy (as the reason I replaced my escape was the engine stuttering when I merged on highways, and this problem has the same effect to make it difficult to merge), but that's what a warranty is for. Truck is flawless otherwise.

OP
OP

Dallasfan1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 ford maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes it is a great truck if they would just figure out what is going on with it like I said before already had both axles replaced so I don't know why it just started shaking again just waiting on ford to get. Ack to me for the solution

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Axles? Seems a weird conclusion.
What about the engine to transmission "damper"?

Nomav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Motor mounts?

Sponsored

OP
OP

Dallasfan1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 ford maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Went back to ford today they told me ford told them to put 2 more axles in my truck I hope this fixes the problem seems like every 6000 miles it starts to shake real bad if it does it again there is more wrong then the axles

skyhawk

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Airplanes motorcycles cars SUVs
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
wow. Ask them what they find wrong with the axles when they remove them this time, if they are able to immediately tell - like has the grease leaked out? That would be evident because there would be grease everywhere.

Torn/cracked boots would also be easy for a basic tech to see.

OP
OP

Dallasfan1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 ford maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I will ask them thank you I actually got under the truck myself and looked I haven't seen any grease or fluid leaks it's just weird that it keeps doing it around every 6000 miles

tycorc585

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
RC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes it is a great truck if they would just figure out what is going on with it like I said before already had both axles replaced so I don't know why it just started shaking again just waiting on ford to get. Ack to me for the solution
Hey man curious on how your truck is doing. Mine just started after 15k thought it was tires. You’re the 2nd person I’ve read that’s had multiple run ins with this. I love this truck too hope ford does something cuz not gonna be fun after warranty. :(
Sponsored