First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Also a vin is not issued usually until all parts are available for the build.
This is not true because if it was then there never would be any build dates being delayed.

What is true is that a VIN number and a build date is given with the future expectation that the parts will be available on that build date. If it turns out that some parts will be unavailable during the time leading up to the build date then the build date gets pushed back.
Sponsored

billygoat

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xl
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If the build date gets pushed to MY23 do you start at the back of the line?

MvrkECWI

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, Crosstrek
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Being a 23 rollover wouldn't bother me if I had received just one contact from the dealership...on anything! How about, "There is a possibility that your order may be a MY23 rollover. If needed, we will contact you to facilitate that process in August. Thanks for your patience." I'll probably have to initiate the rollover myself. Customer service is dead. ⚰ RIP

Landric

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Landric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT AWD FX4 Alto Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Being a 23 rollover wouldn't bother me if I had received just one contact from the dealership...on anything! How about, "There is a possibility that your order may be a MY23 rollover. If needed, we will contact you to facilitate that process in August. Thanks for your patience." I'll probably have to initiate the rollover myself. Customer service is dead. ⚰ RIP
I'm in the same boat with my local dealer. I haven't received any contact at all from them since January. Even when Ford asked dealers to reach out to customers about removing constraint items (which I have, CP360)....crickets. I tried to get in contact with the salesman a couple of months ago to add 4k tow to my order, no one ever responded.

Assuming I get bumped to 2023 I'm just going to cancel my order with them, get back my $500 deposit, and stick with Granger and Long McArthur.

Sponsored

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Here is something to ask @fordvideoguy are those who ordered an MY22 and get pushed to an MY23 are they price-protected? I wouldn't be happy if the answer is no.

OP
OP
skadizzle

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Here is something to ask @fordvideoguy are those who ordered an MY22 and get pushed to an MY23 are they price-protected? I wouldn't be happy if the answer is no.
No one knows for sure until Ford officially says it, but Tim has said several times that he believes they will be price-protected because the Broncos were.

Also, we will not be at the back of the line if rolled over. Per Tim, they should be putting us as 8/8 orders so we start ahead of the 8/15 23 MY orders. The issue there is a good chance that someone who ordered in July and pushed is in the same place in line as someone who ordered in January and got bumped as it seems that also happened with the Bronco. The best thing would be for Ford to leave that week buffer between 22MY roll-overs and new 23 MY orders and make each day inbetween a rollover Month. For example, All June and July orders are 8/8. Aug-Sept 8/9. Oct-Nov 8/10. December-Jan 8/11. Then start 23 MY at 8/15.

DTF-Garage

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Focus ZX3 (RWD Swap), 2011 Focus SES
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford is only sending emails the Build week, but they are still assigning VINs months ahead.
Also a vin is not issued usually until all parts are available for the build.
This is not true because if it was then there never would be any build dates being delayed.

What is true is that a VIN number and a build date is given with the future expectation that the parts will be available on that build date. If it turns out that some parts will be unavailable during the time leading up to the build date then the build date gets pushed back.
Can confirm. I've had a VIN for about 3 months now and haven't received a single email from Ford regarding my order or build. Right now they're saying it will be scheduled at the beginning of August, which means it probably won't be built until late October.

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Can confirm. I've had a VIN for about 3 months now and haven't received a single email from Ford regarding my order or build. Right now they're saying it will be scheduled at the beginning of August, which means it probably won't be built until late October.
I'm not sure why people keep posting about this...

2 things have happened.

1) Your dealer didn't place your email into the ordering system
or
2) your dealer typed your email incorrectly.

Contact Ford customer service and see what is in the system. I received every email from Ford. My first email was the day the order was placed and accepted by Ford.

yakefu

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You have a schedule build date of 8/4 already or are assuming you are scheduled on 8/4? If it's scheduled for 8/4 then you should get it in October.
It's only an example.

Sponsored

ssavon66

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Chevy Cruze
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

At this point why wouldn't you want a my23? When your decide to sell it's a newer model.
As long as my pricing holds I'm fine with it. I'm just worried that once the 23's come around they are going to jack up the price and I"m going to be paying way more for what I ordered in my 22.

Sam Hall

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Honda Ridgeline - 2022 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ordered 10/21 Alto Blue/Hybrid/Lariat/Lux/Co-Pilot/Spray Liner/

Talked to dealer and Ford. Ford told me they were already scheduling some early October order dates. Then I hear on here that Sept and Oct 2021 orders will end up 2023 models. Does anyone know how much it will cost to change order to 2023?

DoubleR

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Nissan Altima, 2015 Nissan Rogue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
According to my salesman, my XLT build has no hold constraints on it. He is baffled as to why I don't have a build date yet. Ordered on Jan 17th 2022. XLT 2.0 AWD cactus grey only option is full size spare tire.

OP
OP
skadizzle

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Ordered 10/21 Alto Blue/Hybrid/Lariat/Lux/Co-Pilot/Spray Liner/

Talked to dealer and Ford. Ford told me they were already scheduling some early October order dates. Then I hear on here that Sept and Oct 2021 orders will end up 2023 models. Does anyone know how much it will cost to change order to 2023?
I've seen an order at the same dealer as me ordered on the same date, 10/26 already built. The difference is I got an Lariat Lux hybrid and they got an XLT hybrid. They actually had a build date back in April and delivered in May I believe. I figured I would be soon after...nope. It's a crapshoot when it comes to Ford scheduling.
Sponsored