JazzyJockJeffcoat

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The 10th digit in the VIN indicates the model year. So no, once the VIN is issued it cannot be punted to a different MY.
That part I get. But as a practical or regulatory matter how is Ford going to build them as 2022s if it literally can't build them? Just by ramming all 22s down the line and only then switching to 23s, regardless of the planned changeover date? The fact that Ford routinely pushes back so many build weeks makes me assume they will continue to.

I skimmed the federal regulations but that's dense for Sunday reading. Probably this is a dumb guy 101 question.😅
Sponsored

OP
OP
skadizzle

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I'm not Tim, but he has said repeatedly that the FEs will be built for MY22. It would hardly be a FE if it was built in the 2nd year. This post is not new information. This has been known for a while and changes nothing.
We have known estimated dates, but as far as I know, this was the first time an actual cut off date was given. The document is from May though so it's possible I missed it but I figured Tim would've mentioned it by now.

projectvortex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
I dont have a build date, I'm a confirmed order 7/07/21 Order Lariat, lux, co pilot oxy white, order still waiting to be scheduled. Tim the video guy mentioned in one of his videos all June July and Aug orders will be 2022 and build up to October 2022. And Sept 2021 and up will ve 2023. Unless its all changed.
I have an October 28 order but also have had a VIN for a month.

projectvortex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
Orders don't automatically roll. Leftover orders get moved to Priority 99, and they have to be resubmitted through ROVP. It's our understanding based on Tim's livestream that as long as you keep basically the same order, you'll be at the front of the line. IF, though, you were to change your order from Hybrid to EB or vice versa, you could lose your spot in line.
Ford’s timing on 2023 builds and initial deliveries is deceptive. The only 23’s they will be delivering through at least December if not January or longer will be 22’s leftover…….thousands of them.

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Super interested in the 23 order banks as far as options/updates/price increases- When does the actual order guide get released ?

Sponsored

jimmyu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Super interested in the 23 order banks as far as options/updates/price increases- When does the actual order guide get released ?
Ordering for MY23 opens on 8/15 so around a week before that.

Mite-o-Dan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick, 2017 Corvette Grand Sport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wow. I've been saying for a couple months now that Ford will release a message by the end of June/early July about people getting rolled over to a 2023 because they are running out of time.

And would you look at thaaaaatttt.

Also, to half this forum that said Ford wasn't go to roll over vehicles for the last 6 months, and they are perfectly fine and didn't over-allocate, and gave me shit the past 6 months for saying this would happen...

You can send apologize letters to my home address if you want. Message me for details.

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Tim has mentioned this several weeks in a row now. That by the end of July (and 8/4 is technically still July scheduling), we would know as that was the end of it. This is just the first I’m seeing it in writing.

Landric

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Landric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT AWD FX4 Alto Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm hoping my orders all get bumped to 2023. Then I can institute my plan of canceling my local order from a dealership I am becoming less impressed with day by day, keeping my $3k off Granger order as an XLT Ecoboost, and changing my Long McArthur order to a hybrid (which will loose me my early place in line). Then hopefully the Granger order will be delivered early in the 2023 run and I can drive it for a while, then sell or trade it on the Long McArthur Hybrid which is likely to be at the back of the line behind all the un-built 2022s.

Sponsored

BlueOval5.0

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F-150 SuperCab XLT, 5.4L 3V, Chrome Pkg
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

This info confirms what we already know. The crazy thing is that there is essentially no time to make substantive changes to the production line for the model year changeover which leads me to believe that there won’t be many updates, at least for Job 1. Any thoughts @fordvideoguy ?

teh603

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Subaru Outback, '09 Honda Fit
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Who wants to bet that my Maverick is one of the last to roll off the line for 2022?
Hey, if that happens, take it. Might be worth something- when I still worked for a toy store we'd have people ask if we had either low serial numbers or high serial numbers of numbered editions.

Captain

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
63 Nova Convertible /
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

This info confirms what we already know. The crazy thing is that there is essentially no time to make substantive changes to the production line for the model year changeover which leads me to believe that there won’t be many updates, at least for Job 1. Any thoughts @fordvideoguy ?
Updates for MY 23 are easy to figure out… the 10th digit in the VIN becomes “P” because “0” would be too confusing, and the price goes up. Change made!

iam4uk_lmtd

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette, Ram, Equinox
If we have a window sticker the truck will be built soon correct? Also is there a way to track the transportation of the truck? I see rail on the window sticker

n0maverick

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tiguan, 2022 Maverick, 2013 Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wow. I've been saying for a couple months now that Ford will release a message by the end of June/early July about people getting rolled over to a 2023 because they are running out of time.

And would you look at thaaaaatttt.

Also, to half this forum that said Ford wasn't go to roll over vehicles for the last 6 months, and they are perfectly fine and didn't over-allocate, and gave me shit the past 6 months for saying this would happen...

You can send apologize letters to my home address if you want. Message me for details.
you also said, ~5 months ago, your order was cancelled and no more hybrids were getting built for my22...

told us how stupid we were for months...we still got our hybrids built...even yours! :)
Sponsored