First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I took a look at the "Build Your Maverick" webpage on Ford's website a few minutes ago. They removed the "Limited Availablity" notice for the Hybrid engine, and the entire order page has gone through a minor redesign. Does anyone know if some supply issue has prompted this change? I hope it means that those of us who have already ordered one will be getting them sooner rather than later.
LETS BE OPTIMISTIC!!!! They have managed to find more hybrid drivetrains plus other things or maybe found labor to increase through put. Maybe a large number of orders were cancelled. There was someone last week who said his dealer called and said Ford had cancelled his build and dealer could (or didn't want to) tell him why. Has Ford cancelled orders they think are for fake buyers that were placed by dealers??? And found available units that way. What if they are verifying if the registered owner of completed sales are the same as the name as vehicle was reserved under?? What would they do??? Your guess is as good as mine. Just a thought!!
Sponsored

AndrewSKY117

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Outback Limited
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
LETS BE OPTIMISTIC!!!! They have managed to find more hybrid drivetrains plus other things or maybe found labor to increase through put. Maybe a large number of orders were cancelled. There was someone last week who said his dealer called and said Ford had cancelled his build and dealer could (or didn't want to) tell him why. Has Ford cancelled orders they think are for fake buyers that were placed by dealers??? And found available units that way. What if they are verifying if the registered owner of completed sales are the same as the name as vehicle was reserved under?? What would they do??? Your guess is as good as mine. Just a thought!!
My dealer actually told me the other day when I stopped in for an update that the dealers who tried ordering Mavericks and other vehicles for "people" got penalized and got lesser future allocations for models and the special vehicles. Which is crazy.

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Hybrid, Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford Canada site on the west coast still shows hybrid is available. I went to the dealer last week and ordered the Hybrid XLT Lux package. Also wanted the tonneau cover. They told me drop in box liner instead of spray in and no tonneau otherwise my order was submitted.
Could mean the dealer is holding your place in line for a 2023 hybrid.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My dealer actually told me the other day when I stopped in for an update that the dealers who tried ordering Mavericks and other vehicles for "people" got penalized and got lesser future allocations for models and the special vehicles. Which is crazy.
"Rebalancing" future allocations is one of the ways dealers can be rewarded for good things an penalized for bad things. By faking orders they earned extra allocations for perceived good behavior which took some allocations from other dealers. Scamming the system for personal benefit is not a good thing.

AndrewSKY117

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Outback Limited
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
"Rebalancing" future allocations is one of the ways dealers can be rewarded for good things an penalized for bad things. By faking orders they earned extra allocations for perceived good behavior which took some allocations from other dealers. Scamming the system for personal benefit is not a good thing.

Yeah, I was surprised this happened, but at the same time not really. Just glad that Ford caught the ones doing it.

Sponsored

HybridNiroGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So if I'm wanting the hybrid, can I still put in an order for the 23 Maverick or do I need to wait for an OK from Ford to put in the order? I know what I want, just have to do a quick walkthrough to make sure size-wise it will work. Then I can place the order. If I'd seen one at all before now, I would have done in months ago!

TE37Mav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So if I'm wanting the hybrid, can I still put in an order for the 23 Maverick or do I need to wait for an OK from Ford to put in the order? I know what I want, just have to do a quick walkthrough to make sure size-wise it will work. Then I can place the order. If I'd seen one at all before now, I would have done in months ago!
Your loss. You could have just ordered and decided when it came in your not obligated to buy just cause you order.

HybridNiroGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Your loss. You could have just ordered and decided when it came in your not obligated to buy just cause you order.
I guess you can look at it that way. But I don't. I am working with a small dealer and would prefer not to leave them on the hook to sell after they've helped me out so much in the past. Personally I just like to do my due diligence and am not in desperate need of a vehicle right now so can handle a few months of patience if I need to.

8211badger

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda fit
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I guess you can look at it that way. But I don't. I am working with a small dealer and would prefer not to leave them on the hook to sell after they've helped me out so much in the past. Personally I just like to do my due diligence and am not in desperate need of a vehicle right now so can handle a few months of patience if I need to.
Trust me you would doing them a huge favor. Backing out is the only legit way a dealer can get a hybrid on the lot. Then it's thunderdome with all the people who missed out and want it.

HybridNiroGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Trust me you would doing them a huge favor. Backing out is the only legit way a dealer can get a hybrid on the lot. Then it's thunderdome with all the people who missed out and want it.
Noted!
Sponsored