Sponsored

Probity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Scab 2.7EB, 2017 CR-V
Well well well.....the new (not preliminary) Ford 2022 Towing Guide is out.

2022 Ford RV & Trailer Towing Guide

Maverick info same as the prelim. version earlier this year.
Ford Maverick 2022 Ford (Maverick) Towing Guide With Tow Capability Calculator 2022 towguide mav.JPG

New for 2022 - Ford finally got smart and now shows a "Trailer Towing Capability Calculator in the 2022 Guide (first year I've ever seen Ford do this).
Ford Maverick 2022 Ford (Maverick) Towing Guide With Tow Capability Calculator ford tow calc1.JPG

Good news is - the .pdf file automatically does the math. Good on Ford.

Enjoy.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Probity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Scab 2.7EB, 2017 CR-V
...........and already I see that it appears to be a little "buggy".
-it says Unsure what a term means? Simply hover your cursor over the term for a definition. Tried that but didn't work for me.
-the Step 2 "Calculate Payload Weight" doesn't have a way to input your assumed trailer tongue weight assuming you're using a conventional hitch. This should be one of those auto-calculate things; take 10% (or 13% to be conservative) of the total trailer weight. As it is now, in step 2, to include tongue weight as part of your "real" payload, you gotta add your tongue weight estimate to whatever you assume is 'other' Cargo Weight.
-in Step 2, that Yes or No box doesn't always work (didn't for me at least).

Anyway, for all you non-Hybrid new owners that can actually see what your GVWR and Payload door stickers say, have fun.

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Insight, E350, Toyota Sequoia
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Pages 45 & 46 are great information for people new to towing. Even most people just hook it up and go.

No doubt Ford realized a lot of new people are going to be on the road towing, and if a lot of Ford owners get in accidents it will reflect back on them rather than the drivers that did not know the parameters of towing. This becomes more pronounced because they want to dominate the truck market. and seem to be well on their way. This can make them a target for litigation if they are not pre-emptive.

atomguy245

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Bolt EUV, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So essentially a hybrid with 2 adults can tow the 2000lbs but have no cargo in the bed. At the most

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Insight, E350, Toyota Sequoia
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So essentially a hybrid with 2 adults can tow the 2000lbs but have no cargo in the bed. At the most
You Sir are on the right track. Many people see the payload number1500# and the tow number# and think they are mutually exclusive and think they have 3500# to play with when they do not. The more you have in the bed, the less you can tow.

atomguy245

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Bolt EUV, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You Sir are on the right track. Many people see the payload number1500# and the tow number# and think they are mutually exclusive and think they have 3500# to play with when they do not. The more you have in the bed, the less you can tow.
The GVWR on my Chevy Cruze is only 3843, and the curb weight is somewhere between 2900-3000lbs. So a 5 passenger load could totally max it out with no cargo. A little shocking...
Sponsored