2 year wait if ordering now?

A_Turkey_Sammich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150
Engine
Undecided
I put an order in for a base XL (hybrid) with nothing more. I have a feeling I’ll be waiting a couple years before I’m in one as I’m pretty sure this one won’t pan out.

On one hand I’ve seen orders show up and go in and out inventory and even know a couple people who have done orders thru this dealer on other models. On the other hand, they certainly didn’t give me the impression they knew what was up while I was there. They were more focused on the 22 build and price than the 23 order guide, couldn’t (or wouldn’t) answer anything allocation related, didn’t seem to know or at least acknowledge ordering is prob closing out tonight, etc. Even coming back to those points several times, they just insist they’ll get it in and everything will be fine. I just let it roll as I’m not too concerned. I generally like buying near the end of a model run as it is, and kinda want to hold out for a plug-in version should one come out, but on the other, with inflation and scarcity and all, certainly wouldn’t mind buying now either. If this one pans out, great, I’ll take it, but if not, no biggy, and that place noted for when it is time to more aggressively go for one. Certainly not expecting much tho haha.
Sponsored

Tirpitz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid+Lux in Velocity Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If your dealer knows roughly what their allocations will be and they already effectively ordered all they are going to get for 2023 then yeah, it might be a two year wait at that dealer.

TheGriffin1313

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mav, 05 M3, 07GSXR
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This will fall in nice with being able to afford for a car that you spent 2 years saving and waiting for.

Also do to inflation if it stayed at present course you will be paying less since after the two years the price of said same car is already higher!

This only makes sense if inflacion stays at present vector. Homes and Cars have Titles and women have breasts. 🤷‍♂️

don't ask me where that came from but my assburgers gets activated once in a while

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Allocations will improve as time goes on. How do I know this? I don't. However, simple common sense would dictate that Ford can't sell trucks they do not allow the dealers to get and make some money on so they can keep the lights on. The bulk of their business going forward is in the ordering business not in dealer stock. Sorta like Economics class 101.

I'm wondering if this allocation business as it is being described right now reflects the retail end and not the ordering end. If Ford is not smarter than this than quite honestly they should close their doors and let someone with some brains run things. I believe they are smarter than this.

AngloSoup

First Name
Anglo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Old Beater
Also do to inflation if it stayed at present course you will be paying less since after the two years the price of said same car is already higher!

If it doesn't get built as a MY2023 then you don't get the price protection in 2024. You have to reorder and pay next year's price. (Although they will probably award you a rebate)

onetequilatwo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid Lariat Maverick and 2019 RAV4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
@jakefinley A lot depends on your dealers and region allocations and your build. A Lariat with Lux Co-Pilot360 Assist or any Tremor and most hybrid with other constraints will have longer builds.
Perhaps listen to one of Johnny Care Car & Review 10 steps on ordering. As
Said this based on my personal experience of have a late October Hybrid Lariat Lux package and got schedule ahead of many,many October orders. Some were rolled over and some where schedule 4-6 weeks later as had a VIN on 7/11.

Asked the dealer how come I was scheduled ahead of so many other simplier builds and he replied they had the most allocation for the reason. Prior when asked how many orders they had he would not give me a number, just that I was near the middle.

The other piece is this constraint list.
Ford Maverick 2 year wait if ordering now? 1663359418844-
Sponsored