Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
https://tuningpro.co/the-5-best-ford-2-0-ecoboost-performance-upgrades/
Fun read for someone that can’t wait for the new truck
I know we all have different reasons for wanting this truck but for me it’s making me feel young again. I’m hoping to use this truck for all the practicality but also wring out all of the fun out of it that makes me free 18 again. I’m new to Ford. Used to be heavy in the import scene. So this may be common knowledge stuff to some but I didn’t know that the EcoBoost has such good aftermarket.
Sponsored

spacemancraig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
https://tuningpro.co/the-5-best-ford-2-0-ecoboost-performance-upgrades/
Fun read for someone that can’t wait for the new truck
I know we all have different reasons for wanting this truck but for me it’s making me feel young again. I’m hoping to use this truck for all the practicality but also wring out all of the fun out of it that makes me free 18 again. I’m new to Ford. Used to be heavy in the import scene. So this may be common knowledge stuff to some but I didn’t know that the EcoBoost has such good aftermarket.
As with most smallish turbo engines, by far the biggest bang for buck is just a tune. And given that ford has had a factory tune available that keeps warranty in tact for a lot of other Ecoboost...maverick could have 310hp 330lb/ft for what is essentially a 800 dollar dealer option.

Barefootdan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model Y
How receptive is Ford to modifications? It’s awesome to see they may offer a factory tune. But in the unfortunate event it is not, so they have the ability to see if your eco has been flashed? I am more familiar with Subaru systems and they have a reflash counter that cannnot be overridden. So it is fairly obvious to the technician if anything has been done.

Reactions: JJC

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
How receptive is Ford to modifications? It’s awesome to see they may offer a factory tune. But in the unfortunate event it is not, so they have the ability to see if your eco has been flashed? I am more familiar with Subaru systems and they have a reflash counter that cannnot be overridden. So it is fairly obvious to the technician if anything has been done.
The Ranger tune from Ford was out within the 1st year, when sales were anemic (Rangers were sitting on lots 4-5 months in 2019; that is how long mine was out there...which was why they HEAVILY discounted them at year end!). I would fully expect an official Ford tune for the 2.0, probably early next year 🤞

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Sponsored

Xtreme Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota

FirstOnRaceDay

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mercury Grand Marquis LS
E85, fuel rail, injectors, Full intake and cat back. easily get 400lbft 380hp out of it. Reliable HP to.

kingranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ford.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
E85, fuel rail, injectors, Full intake and cat back. easily get 400lbft 380hp out of it. Reliable HP to.
Eh, I think you'd want to go big turbo if you want to hit 400. That's usually the bottleneck on these 2.0L EcoBoosts on the way to bigger, usable power. However, a simple tune that lifts the torque truncation and livens up throttle mapping can really increase the fun level, even if there's not a big HP gain.

DesertSweat

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Lariat, Honda HR-V 6spd
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't dispute the torque since the turbo will be very quick to spool, but 380whp or even crank is pretty far fetched for what is likely the K03 turbo.

Sponsored

NHB_ZOEY

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry XSE V6
As with most smallish turbo engines, by far the biggest bang for buck is just a tune. And given that ford has had a factory tune available that keeps warranty in tact for a lot of other Ecoboost...maverick could have 310hp 330lb/ft for what is essentially a 800 dollar dealer option.
Wait what?!? How does one get this??

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Wait what?!? How does one get this??
I think he is referencing the ford performance tune that is available on the ranger and is fully warrantied. It is about seven hundred bucks. I expect the maverick will have similar treatment.

NHB_ZOEY

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry XSE V6
I think he is referencing the ford performance tune that is available on the ranger and is fully warrantied. It is about seven hundred bucks. I expect the maverick will have similar treatment.
Do you ask for it at dealer?

Stimpy433

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mavrick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Question, is the 2.0 Ecoboost a single or twin turbo setup??? Sorry, new to Fords and I know some Ecoboosts are twin turbo....
Sponsored