A Dodge that drives Fords

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Taurus Ford Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Question for people that already have their Mavericks. My wife's 2015 Taurus has a oil life counter. It's been awhile since we had the oil changed and it's telling us there's still 30% to go. Question is do we have one on the Maverick, and are you using it or sticking to the 3 months 3,000 miles. This is what I found when I did a search online.

Ford Maverick 12 month oil change!!! Screenshot_20220125-163536~2
Sponsored

KimTexas

First Name
Berly Ann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid - 🌵 Grey
The Ford Pass App has an oil life monitor. When it's to the point it needs to be changed it will drive you crazy with pop ups. I go by the monitor in the app

OP
OP

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Taurus Ford Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Anyone else ever hear about going 12 months to your next oil change

Hyim

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Sonic Silver
The intelligent oil info is quite smart nowadays. It takes into factor, idle time, temperatures, load, and driving habits. In the owners manual it indicates that depending on your driving habits, they recommend different intervals, I’d stick to the what the indicator tells you. But if you don’t drive the full mileage follow the time frame recommendations. If you tow a lot and drive hard then your oil life monitor will adjust accordingly .

MORRISX5

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Question for people that already have their Mavericks. My wife's 2015 Taurus has a oil life counter. It's been awhile since we had the oil changed and it's telling us there's still 30% to go. Question is do we have one on the Maverick, and are you using it or sticking to the 3 months 3,000 miles. This is what I found when I did a search online.

Screenshot_20220125-163536~2.png

[/QUOT
The price of repairs on the turbo motors I'd definitely change the oil and filter either 3 or 5 thousand miles and never over 6 months

Sponsored

brucecorporal

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
escape
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

When i worked at the ford dealer being in the prairies the DSM told us to use the severe duty service cycle due to our extremes in -40C to +40C and constant wind and dust. With modern oils i change mine now every 6000kms and haven't EVER had a problem.

mr_M0J0rzn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just go every 5000 miles regardless of what the app says. It usually shows I have something like 40% left because I mostly do highway/interstate driving. Oil changes are cheap. The risk/reward ratio of trying to squeeze every mile out of an oil change just isn’t there

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Anyone else ever hear about going 12 months to your next oil change
Both my wife's 2009 Honda CR-V and my previous 2015 Honda Fit had a "Maintenance Minder" which would let you know when to change the oil but the manual like Ford's says if the indicator does not come on in a year to change it then.

I drive about 5,000 miles annually and the wife about 1,000 so we always change the oil at the yearly interval.

jeffrol48197

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Explorer, 2009 Focus, 2019 Explorer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just go every 5000 miles regardless of what the app says. It usually shows I have something like 40% left because I mostly do highway/interstate driving. Oil changes are cheap. The risk/reward ratio of trying to squeeze every mile out of an oil change just isn’t there
Well said...Also, 5k oil changes are easy to remember and know when are coming, 5/10/15/20/25...

rlhdweman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64 Caddy Fleetwood,73 Caddy Sedan,75 Eldorado Conv
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The Maverick has an oil life indicator. I asked dealer about changing the first oil early, & they said it's not necessary. I usually keep my eye on the oil & change it when gets darker in color. With my Taurus that was 3200 with conventional oil & over 4000 with semi-synthetic.
Sponsored