First Name
Jombee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ford Ranger Edge, 2022 Mitsubishi Outlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yeah while waiting for my Maverick I too bought an Ender 3, not even the pro. I figured I’d get into 3d printing thanks to the Maverick.

I spent days tearing that thing apart and putting it back together and never did get one print out of it. I returned it and got a different one for less than $300 with a self-leveling bed and it’s great. Thanks to other users is this forumI have cup holders, a garbage can and other knickknacks but no truck yet 😆

All part of the experience.
Sponsored

OXHB619

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB 2.0
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I picked up an ender 5 pro on flash sale on Amazon for $300 a few weeks ago…. Let’s say it’s been giving me more fits than FITS of you catch my drift, but we’ll get there…. Will have 3 flawless prints then can’t get anything to stick to the bed, etc then get a few prints off then problems

I’m gonna build an enclosure and almost got all my upgrade parts printed (support arms, bed spring replacements, etc…)
I have a regular Ender 5 that I did a few upgrades to when I damaged it swapping a nozzle - I ditched the magnetic plate and threw on a piece of glass from Lowes and most everything sticks unless its really small parts - then I use a layer of painters tape and easy peasy. I wanted to avoid glue / aquanet etc. and so far so good. I have owned it for about 3 years, but only use it every once and awhile.

I need to get it back up to do some prints for the Mav, although I coughed up the $50 to Ford for the FITs kit because I wanted their trashcan mostly.

Smack

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have an Ender 3 Pro these things are not plug and play they take some configuration to get them to work, both physical and finding the right software.

noticon75

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford F250, 15 VW Passat,
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just about bit the bullet and bought one of these today. Still just couldn't justify the $100! :/

spuds_mackenzie

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat Hot pepper red
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm just blown away that a 3D printer can be had for around $100 bucks now. Crazy!

Sponsored

noticon75

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Asking those in the know. Is it best to pony up and get the Ender 3 v2 from the start or is the pro good enough to start with and mod it a bit on the way?

noticon75

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well just bought it on the last day. hope it doesn't just collect dust :)

bringjustn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cruze, 22 Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well just bought it on the last day. hope it doesn't just collect dust :)
I definitely go through spurts of using mine, and sometimes slice something large and think I don't want to wait 26 hours to only let it sit bit printing for 3 weeks.... like a t-rex skull to maxes out the build plate.

noticon75

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I definitely go through spurts of using mine, and sometimes slice something large and think I don't want to wait 26 hours to only let it sit bit printing for 3 weeks.... like a t-rex skull to maxes out the build plate.
Well unfortunately it isn't working correctly. I'm trying to figure out what is wrong with it.

Sponsored

noticon75

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think the Zaxis motor is bad. It barely will bring the X axis/extruder/hot end bar or whatever is. It just makes a growling sound and will not move it up. But it moves freely when I disable the motor.

noticon75

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think I got it fixed. While assembling I must hjave bent a pin on the wire connector. I straightened it out and viola. Nice quiet smooth operation. Now to see if i can pring no this magnetic pad that has a thin layer of plastic on it that I can't scrape off!

noticon75

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What is it doing or not doing
Well While i did get the printer to print the dog figurine that came with the printer I cannot get anything else to stick that I have sliced. I have adjusted several of the settings that I have seen others recommend but still nothing not sure where I'm screwing up.

bringjustn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cruze, 22 Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well While i did get the printer to print the dog figurine that came with the printer I cannot get anything else to stick that I have sliced. I have adjusted several of the settings that I have seen others recommend but still nothing not sure where I'm screwing up.
did you level the bed, do this a few times with a piece of paper between the nozzle and the bed. Also check that the nozzle is tight, this should be done while it is hot. It takes time to dial everything in. Also what I find helpful is a pei bed for sticking. this is the one I have been using for 2 years now

PEI Magnetic Flexible Frosted Surface Heated Bed 235x235mm for Ender 3

noticon75

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
did you level the bed, do this a few times with a piece of paper between the nozzle and the bed. Also check that the nozzle is tight, this should be done while it is hot. It takes time to dial everything in. Also what I find helpful is a pei bed for sticking. this is the one I have been using for 2 years now

PEI Magnetic Flexible Frosted Surface Heated Bed 235x235mm for Ender 3
I have leveled and have printed several on the items that come on the micro sd card that came with it those print fine. I gotta figure out how to get the brim to stick I noticed that the brim what ever it is called on the dog that I printed that came with it uses tight zig-zags and when I print things i have sliced using Cura it is just straight lines. I think if i can get Cura to make that bed with those tight zig zags I would be golden. I think. I am now out of filament so it will be aa least a week before I print any more. I hope this makes sense and I am using the correct terminology. And as far as the build plate goes Im not 100% sure what a PEI magnetic build plate is but my build plate is magnetic
Sponsored