First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford Maverick 3D printed prototype holster set up for the Maverick 407C6070-66BA-4EA9-A6FF-8CFFAB98D138
Ford Maverick 3D printed prototype holster set up for the Maverick BED6655F-EF32-4944-8E70-22BDD0E8B3FE
Ford Maverick 3D printed prototype holster set up for the Maverick A80F3BFE-E439-40B3-9CEC-5EAAF375DA58
Since I bought my Maverick I’ve been looking for a good spot for my carry pistol for when I go on long trips, as carrying on my body gets old in a vehicle. So this is my first iteration and I’ll be testing it out but here you go:

I grabbed a 3D file for a S&W shield (works for the shield + as well) from thingiverse, it was originally designed to be mounted to a desk. I don’t want to make permanent mods to my Maverick yet so I modded the file. It now hangs between the seat and the cubby very nicely. Doesn’t impact access to the seatbelt but is easily accessible to only the driver. I may play around with it more in the future but thought I’d share. The holster is all scratched up because I sanded it really smooth as I don’t need retention and I want it to draw easily without pulling the holster. I added some rubber padding to the surfaces that interact with the plastic console and some felt to provide traction against the seat. Not sure how many gun people of CCW folks are in the Maverick community. Thought I’d share. PS. I’m not great at making things pretty but functional I have got in spades!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.