First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The local agent has been salt in the wound. I called them a few times thinking "Hey, I've paid them a lot of money over many years so maybe they'll help facilitate some fixes to the process and advocate for me, their loyal client." NOPE. Nothing but "Well, we can't really do much about anything, call claims." I guess the agent exists solely to take my money and try to sell me more stuff.
That sums up AllState pretty well.
Sponsored

Redline

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT shadow black
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Is it just me or is nobody else concerned that an impact that ripped the wheel off wasn't sufficient to deploy the airbags?

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is it just me or is nobody else concerned that an impact that ripped the wheel off wasn't sufficient to deploy the airbags?
The impact was concentrated more heavily on the LF suspension components rather than the cabin. The computer analyzed the sensor data and determined that there was no need to deploy airbags to protect the occupants.

Unless OP or any occupants were either thrown forward toward the steering wheel/dash, or sideways, there was no need for airbags.

Airbag deployments are violent explosions in your face. Since it appears they wouldn't have done any good here, it's best they didn't deploy.

Further, it doesn't take that much of a lateral impact into the suspension components to snap them. Not really designed to have an Escape smash into them even at 20 mph.

vinnymac

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
We just switched to Travelers from State Farm which i was with for almost 20 yrs. Travelers rates are a Hell of a lot better than State Farm
For us 50 + drivers AARP Hartford saved me just under $1000.00. letting geico go they overcharged big time. AARP Hartford is Awsom !!!

Sponsored

rlhdweman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64 Caddy Fleetwood,73 Caddy Sedan,75 Eldorado Conv
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I understood that the Kia and Hundais are not being covered because they are easy to steal. Could be more to it though.
That's exactly it, same thing happening here in Wisconsin, those Kia & Hyundais are being stolen by 13 years olds because they are easier to hot wire than an old GM car with points ignition, & the kids just joy ride & destroy them for fun.

NoVaJimmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lexus GX 460
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not in a panic but can not overlook the thin sheet metal of the Maverick. Got a door ding that pushed the sheet metal in significantly. For those not familiar with this site...there are a number of Mavericks rear ended that were totaled with a fairly mild rear end hit.

In my state several insurance companies have now announced they will not insure several models of KIA and Hunda's due to significant damage in minor accidents.
has nothing to do with damage, it's because of the theft vulnerability with the ignition USB issue.

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That's exactly it, same thing happening here in Wisconsin, those Kia & Hyundais are being stolen by 13 years olds because they are easier to hot wire than an old GM car with points ignition, & the kids just joy ride & destroy them for fun.
Yrs they pull out the lock cylinder than use a USB connector to start the car. No transponder key. My 2003 MR 2 has one of those.

Jonny44

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav XLT,2013 Ford F150 XLT 4x4, 2015 Kia Soul
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Even when mine has the immobilizer. I've had to replace 2 broken windows and plenty of interior parts because of the bastards trying to steal my 2015 Soul. They break in and rip apart the dash and steering column when they can't find the ignition tumbler.

OP
OP
xSWMIx

xSWMIx

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MAVERICK.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Looks like they're going to fix it. We'll see how long this takes. Probably 10 months the way things have been going.

Sponsored

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The local agent has been salt in the wound. I called them a few times thinking "Hey, I've paid them a lot of money over many years so maybe they'll help facilitate some fixes to the process and advocate for me, their loyal client." NOPE. Nothing but "Well, we can't really do much about anything, call claims." I guess the agent exists solely to take my money and try to sell me more stuff.
The only upside I see here is that I now have a much greater appreciation for my agent.

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I understood that the Kia and Hundais are not being covered because they are easy to steal. Could be more to it though.
Hyundai's theft systems in their older models are easily hacked. Apparently, Hyundai (a KIA company) is offering customers to fix it, but yeah, insurance companies are dropping them.

Sembazuru

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think I see your problem. You seem to have misplaced a wheel. No matter, though, you have 3 others.

Just kidding. Glad to hear that you are ok and getting this resolved. Sorry to hear about your insurance company trying to screw you over.

JimmyH

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger XLT; 2023 Kia Sorento EX Hybrid
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Glad everyone was ok and sorry to hear about it. I'm really starting to see a trend where light impacts on these Ford Mavericks are resulting in totaled vehicles. That combined with reports of excessive rock chips in a short period of time, windshield noise issues, interior plastic easily scratching and various other things have me wondering if I should even proceed down this path. It may be a great ride, but if it looks and feels like a 5 year old vehicle in 1 year, or totals from a slight fender bender, then maybe it isn't. I want a great vehicle that will last.

Fcnrwy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Area 51
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Great to Hear your OK, Sorry about the Mav. I have had only two incursions. Both, with my first Ranger (1985) and both times they let me "buy it back". I am with the local American Family Insurance and have been since, 1977...
Sponsored