8211badger

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda fit
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
12k on the clock and averaging 37 mpg after a full calendar year. Alot of rural highways with quite a bit of dirt/gravel and softroading. Zero issues with my hybrid. 10/10 rating for my needs. Does the truck stuff I need, comfortable for passengers, and amazing efficiency to boot. Glad I didn't spend the $ for AWD like I almost did because I've never needed it.

Even this morning after 8ish" of snow late yesterday and early AM. Started in town and headed out to the county for errands. Roads were completely untouched except for the state routes (not unusual). Same for the gravel driveways I had to tackle if I didn't want to hike in. A couple were kind of steep and I had my doubts. But the FWD with Michelin CC2 crawled up without too much drama. Didn't even have to turn traction control off. I wasn't driving fast or like a WRC driver out there but it got the job done with ease. Even though today was def one of the few days a full winter tire is called for her in southern/east central WI. But since there wasn't much ice involved I'd say the CC2 was 80% as good as an X-Ice Snow.

Breakfast at the diner this morning
Ford Maverick 1 year anniversary of with 8" of snow in FWD Maverick to celebrate! Along with a PSA. IMG_1622

Yesterday around 4 after just a few inches
Ford Maverick 1 year anniversary of with 8" of snow in FWD Maverick to celebrate! Along with a PSA. IMG_1617

This morning at my friend's unplowed apartment lot to show how much we're dealing with. It was rougher out in the county
Ford Maverick 1 year anniversary of with 8" of snow in FWD Maverick to celebrate! Along with a PSA. IMG_1626

My one regret? Not getting the lux package. Because this could have been avoided when I told a teenager to go move my truck and he failed to notice my wipers were up. I have a touchup pen of VB on order as I type because I literally CAN NOT look away from those tiny paint chips right in my eyeline. So don't forget to put those wiper blades down folks.

My kingdom for a wiper de-icer heating element.

Ford Maverick 1 year anniversary of with 8" of snow in FWD Maverick to celebrate! Along with a PSA. IMG_1625
Sponsored

OP
OP

8211badger

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda fit
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When you put the CC2 tires on did you notice any difference in MPG's compared to the stock tires?
I put them on in November. So impossible to tell since my mpg dropped with the weather anyway. Maybe 1 or 2 mpg but it's worth it for the performance imo

OP
OP

8211badger

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda fit
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It’s good to hear about folks happy with their hybrids. Seems like I just keep reading about problems. Hope to take delivery of a ‘23 in the next two months or so.
The internet skews perception for sure. Mine was an early november build so maybe the supers were doing more looking over shoulders early on. For MY23 I'd be extremely confident the few bugs we have seen are worked out.

Sponsored

OneAlienBoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It’s good to hear about folks happy with their hybrids. Seems like I just keep reading about problems. Hope to take delivery of a ‘23 in the next two months or so.
Just remember that 99.9% of hybrids are flawless. Don't let that 0.01% cloud your judgement.

rclee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Maverick Lux,A51,Hybrid,Rear Slider.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Good to know about the abilities of the fwd Maverick. Bad new on the wiper arm scrape.

Christenhildebrandt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Christen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
12k on the clock and averaging 37 mpg after a full calendar year. Alot of rural highways with quite a bit of dirt/gravel and softroading. Zero issues with my hybrid. 10/10 rating for my needs. Does the truck stuff I need, comfortable for passengers, and amazing efficiency to boot. Glad I didn't spend the $ for AWD like I almost did because I've never needed it.

Even this morning after 8ish" of snow late yesterday and early AM. Started in town and headed out to the county for errands. Roads were completely untouched except for the state routes (not unusual). Same for the gravel driveways I had to tackle if I didn't want to hike in. A couple were kind of steep and I had my doubts. But the FWD with Michelin CC2 crawled up without too much drama. Didn't even have to turn traction control off. I wasn't driving fast or like a WRC driver out there but it got the job done with ease. Even though today was def one of the few days a full winter tire is called for her in southern/east central WI. But since there wasn't much ice involved I'd say the CC2 was 80% as good as an X-Ice Snow.

Breakfast at the diner this morning
IMG_1622.jpg

Yesterday around 4 after just a few inches
IMG_1617.jpg

This morning at my friend's unplowed apartment lot to show how much we're dealing with. It was rougher out in the county
IMG_1626.jpg

My one regret? Not getting the lux package. Because this could have been avoided when I told a teenager to go move my truck and he failed to notice my wipers were up. I have a touchup pen of VB on order as I type because I literally CAN NOT look away from those tiny paint chips right in my eyeline. So don't forget to put those wiper blades down folks.

My kingdom for a wiper de-icer heating element.

IMG_1625.jpg
Good to hear that it handles snow well! I am always jealous that in WI it is all roads Tar. Not that I drive in the country that much in SD or MN. I will play the waiting game on the Hybrid and hope for the best. AWD is that second tempting choice but it does seem to be not needed .

MaverickCruiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2023 XLT Hybrid Cactus Grey
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The area where the wipers sit is so deep it's a pain to get snow/ice out of there

UberGadgetFreak

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I used some door edge guard tape along the back edge of the hood to prevent accidental wiper arm scrapes after my first one (touched up first). Also, I got a windshield snow cover for about $20 on amazon, so I don't have to leave them up now, too. This sits on top of the hood, so it keeps the cowl itself clear, too.

Sponsored

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Dealer is still trying to figure out why my De/Icer does nothing- Dealer got some leads but not really sure- Getting a new battery fuse block installed tomorrow as the de/icer isnt getting current.

OP
OP

8211badger

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda fit
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Good to hear that it handles snow well! I am always jealous that in WI it is all roads Tar. Not that I drive in the country that much in SD or MN. I will play the waiting game on the Hybrid and hope for the best. AWD is that second tempting choice but it does seem to be not needed .
It's not quite all roads but pretty close at least. If I was in SD or MN with the driving I do I would have probably gone AWD tbh with that much unplowed snow combined gravel/dirt. Probably still wouldn't be strictly needed tho with the right tires. I dont do recreational offroading. Just normal driving around and some light farm work. The FWD has yet to be overwhelmed for my needs.

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Fascinating.

*quietly sits in my office with a light sweater while it is 68 degrees outside*

OP
OP

8211badger

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda fit
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You also cannot flip up the wipers from the rest position, kind of a pain for those of us in the snow belt.
Yep. I'm 50/50 at best with remembering to do the toggle/switch off procedure
Sponsored