Grayaxe

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Fiesta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So I just got a call from my dealer and they said they still have allocations, so there's a chance mine will be built this year but they're being proactive and getting everything set to put in a for a 24. They even have the builder up on their website to get a price idea.

One thing that's bumming me is I can't get the new Azure gray on the XL... I really wanted the Area 51 and now can't even do the alternative.
Sponsored

A-a-ron

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Edge, '17 Explorer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For me the math doesn't add up..~29K unscheduled retail orders. The last few months the factory has produced ~10K per month. How would they no be able to build at least more than half of the remaining MY23 orders?

DangerZone484

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered: Ford Maverick XLT Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So I just got a call from my dealer and they said they still have allocations, so there's a chance mine will be built this year but they're being proactive and getting everything set to put in a for a 24. They even have the builder up on their website to get a price idea.

One thing that's bumming me is I can't get the new Azure gray on the XL... I really wanted the Area 51 and now can't even do the alternative.
Your dealer contacts you? Hot damn, what's that like? 😂
I sent mine an email earlier asking for an update and how to go about rolling my order over to a 24 on Monday, no response yet. And he never responded to my last email about allocations. So... Hopefully the 24 Tacoma's have good gas mileage.

Grumpa

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler Pacifica Honda Civic Chevy Sonic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For me the math doesn't add up..~29K unscheduled retail orders. The last few months the factory has produced ~10K per month. How would they no be able to build at least more than half of the remaining MY23 orders?
Maybe the Great Carnack knows (for you old timers)! lol

OP
OP
theway-yay-ting

theway-yay-ting

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda CR-V, 2019 Kia Sportage
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Sponsored

Ozarkbeard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 XL CP360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Your dealer contacts you? Hot damn, what's that like? 😂
I sent mine an email earlier asking for an update and how to go about rolling my order over to a 24 on Monday, no response yet. And he never responded to my last email about allocations. So... Hopefully the 24 Tacoma's have good gas mileage.
You should call your salesperson. If you can't reach them, call back & ask to speak to the service manager.

Or good luck w/ the taco's gas mileage. 😂😂😂

Ugo1st

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer Ltd
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
OMG! I just got my email!!! 11 am Mountain Time
Scheduled for week of Sept 11th
Got a VIN # 3FTTW8E3*********
XLT, Area 51, Co-Pilot 360, Floor Liners, 4 Pin Trailer Hitch
Mesa AZ
Ordered first day the 2023 order banks opened.
San Tan Ford in Gilbert AZ
We have almost the same order at the same dealer. I think you stole my email. 😂

Bill Quattlebaum

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Ranger XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford, you could have made a lot of people happy today! And the beat goes on!!!!

Sponsored

DangerZone484

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered: Ford Maverick XLT Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You should call your salesperson. If you can't reach them, call back & ask to speak to the service manager.

Or good luck w/ the taco's gas mileage. 😂😂😂
I really should, I'm just not a big phone person. I'll give him the rest of the day to respond, and hound the dealership tomorrow with calls. 👍🏻

Turt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Rav4, 1994 Nissan Quest (My work truck)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just came from the dealer and the sales manager said that my truck is previewing and I should get an email yet today. I got the email at 03:01 PM today!

• ⏰ 03:01 Mountain Time
  • 📅 Your scheduled build Sept. 4, 2023
  • 3FTTW8E36PRA867XX
  • 🛻Silver Lariat Hybrid with trailer hitch (only option)
  • 📍 Northern Colorado
  • 🗓 Ordered Sept. 16 2022
  • 🕺 Loveland Ford

Last edited:

ilikebike

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid HPR w/ BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

There's been multiple people on the forums who said yesterday and today that their vehicles were previewing but so far today mostly crickets. I wonder if the emails are going out late (or not at all?)

dusty1787

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick EB Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

From the way Tim Bartz was talking, Ford is not letting the dealers assign priority codes for the 23 'rollovers' if the same name, dealer, order number are used. But it still hinges on dealer allocation how many will get built each month. And they will probably be building new eco orders because they only have a constrained number of hybrids supplied each month. He couldn't say the exact Ford process of the priority because he was told not to disclose it.
But if Beyonce walked in and ordered a 24 hybrid Maverick it will get built first.

Thanks for the info. I didnt hear anything about them not being able to place priority codes for rollovers (may have missed that part) but otherwise I was planning to bring all the paperwork I had from my 23 order and bring it with and then make sure any information on the 24 order matches exactly the way the 23 was. If my last name was spelled wrong, email address used, dealer info, order numbers... etc.... would be the exact way on both.

I asked a question on Tims stream last night (and it was put on screen) and he did say the allocation factor still applied even to the rollovers (bummer). So assuming my dealer enters them correctly it sounds like the rollovers would definitely (by Ford Corp) be prioritized before the rest. But I just the bad luck of not having "connections" with the sales staff to get a low priority code...and thus placed at the back of the line.

Edit: As of writing this... my dealer called and my 4th sales person (2 quit and 1 fired since my 23 order was placed), gave me the run down of my 24 order with what I want because "it looks like the 23 wont get built". Some small talk later, he began to try and upsell me on the zylon (or however you spell the paint protection thing) along with the interior fabric protection service and other ADM (After Dealer Markups). He then had the nerve to mention that he noticed (over his 1.5yrs at dealership) that many of the orders with those ADMs added happened to have gotten scheduled more than other orders. He said it could have been dumb luck as well, as the 2 other maverick orders he had that didnt get built are XLs... but he did "notice" more of the ones with those ADMs added got built.

So that now confirms my grief of "big spenders" get bumped ahead of the line (at my dealership). I then said NO to all those extras and then mentioned that being a rollover my order should be prioritized via Ford no matter what Dealer options I add or don't add. That my order number and such will match with my 23 order for that reason as Ford laid it out what needs to be done to protect my order/wait/priority. He said he can take photos and send them to me with the paperwork if I want a copy so I do not have to go in... but I told him I will definitely be going in on Monday to make sure they are not going to pull a fast one on me.

So if anyone has any info on how to protect myself from getting screwed over or anything please let me know. and I will be going to a couple extra dealerships now to place other orders, but still going to stick with this one for the "priority" status.