Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.computerhope.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Our source at Ford has just confirmed the OKTB (ok-to-buy) date for the Maverick Hybrid is December 8, 2021, due to the emission certification delay. This info originates directly from Hermosillo plant.

It remains to be seen if this date holds, but we should be less than two months away from the first saleable hybrid Mavericks.

As for EPA MPG release for the Hybrid Maverick, the source isn't 100% certain, but thinks that it should also be released on the same date.
does this new Dec. 8 OKTB date mean that factory production/build/ship dates can be released before the OKTB date ? Or that all dates of production will come after the OKTB Dec 8 date? ?
Sponsored

mrchips0401

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.computerhope.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm sure it won't. It still bugs me that I'm paying such a high delivery cost for a vehicle that being made just down the road! Of course those getting delivery Maine, Alaska and Hawaii are getting a deal! So there's the balance to the universe! 😆 🤣
the actual balance is just a ridiculously low MSRP price even including the destination cost of $1495.

KGillies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Hybrid, Rav4 Prime
I'm sure it won't. It still bugs me that I'm paying such a high delivery cost for a vehicle that being made just down the road! Of course those getting delivery Maine, Alaska and Hawaii are getting a deal! So there's the balance to the universe! 😆 🤣
It's just marketing. Would you feel better if the truck were $500 more and the shipping $500 less? Doesn't matter.

Sponsored

Portcqb

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Lux 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Maine actually isn't bad to ship to they stay on rail until Ayer Massachusetts then get trucked up I95. I won't have to worry unless I get scheduled tomorrow.

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's just marketing. Would you feel better if the truck were $500 more and the shipping $500 less? Doesn't matter.
Yeah, I know at the end of the day it really doesn't matter because Ford (or any other car manufacturers) will get their $$ one way or the other. Look at doc fees they're all over the place! Technically the Maverick isn't really a sub 20k truck because you can't get one without the delivery fee added on! 😉

UpstateSC

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Hybrid Lariat Lux. Pkg., '16 Miata
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So, can we still get build notices, ship notices, etc. for our Hybrid, just not be able to close the deal at the dealership until 12/8? Our order was on July 19 (Lariat Hybrid, Lux pkg, tri-fold tonneau cover) and I was hoping for a November build.

DrDoom

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HPR XLT and Cyber Orange XLT 2022 Ford Mavericks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So adding a plug socket won't work for tax purposes?? ( I'm just kidding)

hammerc16

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S10 Chev.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
On June 22 I received conformation from FORD that my order for 2.5 Hybrid, was accepted. I have yet received a build date. Does the OKTB mean that mine will finally get a build date? The dealer told me that my order was clean and ready to be put into production several months ago. So all the options I requested is on hand per him.

Sponsored

pmoore

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
On June 22 I received conformation from FORD that my order for 2.5 Hybrid, was accepted. I have yet received a build date. Does the OKTB mean that mine will finally get a build date? The dealer told me that my order was clean and ready to be put into production several months ago. So all the options I requested is on hand per him.
No. Production scheduling has nothing to do with OKTB.

Kl14

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Get use to it I grew up in Michigan drove past the auto plants ever day and had to pay delivery fees on every car as if it were being sold in California

pmoore

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So, can we still get build notices, ship notices, etc. for our Hybrid, just not be able to close the deal at the dealership until 12/8? Our order was on July 19 (Lariat Hybrid, Lux pkg, tri-fold tonneau cover) and I was hoping for a November build.
Scheduling is currently for weeks 11/29 & 12/6. Your wish for a November build probably won't happen.

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lincoln Corsair, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The hybrid window stickers have “do not ship” across them in red.
To me that would mean there are other issues if they cannot ship. Ship and sell two entirely different things.

pmoore

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
To me that would mean there are other issues if they cannot ship. Ship and sell two entirely different things.
They are not shipped until OKTB.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.