First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Lux 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
To me that would mean there are other issues if they cannot ship. Ship and sell two entirely different things.
It's normal not to ship until the OK to buy or very close to it since they don't want dealers holding cars secure that can't be driven or sold. Plus it would be bad if they shipped out vehicles without ok just to find out they need to make a change that dealers aren't setup to do.
Sponsored

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Get use to it I grew up in Michigan drove past the auto plants ever day and had to pay delivery fees on every car as if it were being sold in California
Now that's a kick in pants! I won't complain anymore you definitely have more justification to complain than I ever would!

Jerry F

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jerry F
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick lariat hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Now that's a kick in pants! I won't complain anymore you definitely have more justification to complain than I ever would!
I ordered a lariat lux pkg June 25 in Clinton Tennessee. My dealer told me that my priority code went from 19 to 02. Can anyone tell me what this means?

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
Quickest shipment option might be for 20-30 of us who are built to charter a 747 to pick up a load at nearest airport from plant, find a dealer in a town with an international airport (=port of entry with customs to collect $$$ and release for import). Offer dealer 2% off invoice and NO transportation fee for 20-30 sales. Depending ADM's saved + $$ for filming rights maybe not cost anything and get our mavs on 10/9/21!
Assuming you meant to type 12/9/21 ???

rknrbt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Fusion
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Exactly!! I would love to go down and view the factory, shake a few hands and then drive back in my Maverick, saving a bunch of $$$ on delivery charges!
I am a retired Ford employee. When I was working on the assembly line I saw many employee cars being built often with the employee following the progress on the line. When the build was completed it was still delivered to the dealer from which it was ordered. No one is allowed to drive their car off the line to save shipping charges. Shipping charges are based on what the AVERAGE cost will be to ship each car. Therefore, a vehicle delivery 5 miles from the factory cost the same as one delivered thousands of miles away.

Sponsored

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
🇺🇲 " Man I just Love the Color of Cyber Orange in the Morning" 🇺🇲
@DrDoom
I've been looking at your signature block for awhile. It sounds familiar to me. Any relation to the Viet Nam era saying about "Nothing like a good dose of Agent Orange first thing in the morning"?

Benson

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Benson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Our source at Ford has just confirmed the OKTB (ok-to-buy) date for the Maverick Hybrid is December 8, 2021, due to the emission certification delay. This info originates directly from Hermosillo plant.

It remains to be seen if this date holds, but we should be less than two months away from the first saleable hybrid Mavericks.

As for EPA MPG release for the Hybrid Maverick, the source isn't 100% certain, but thinks that it should also be released on the same date.
I don’t really understand this…..does this mean Ford Dealers will be able to stock as of Dec. 8, & sell Mavericks to general public? or what does this news mean to those that have mavericks on order?
board had a previous problem with a hybrid that did not achieve the MPG‘s as they advertised. So I’m really hesitant to except my maverick until the official EPA mpg ratings are published. Im beggining to think Ford is trying to release themselves of responsibility if EPA ratings are still not made public by Dec 8, 2021? Something here doesn’t seem quite right. Can someone explain what I’m not understanding?

BDennis

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion, E450 Leprechaun
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
LIFO does make sense. They've got them stacked up there and likely can't get to the first builds without first moving the last builds...
You are assuming the storage area only has one way in? They can get the first built out.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes! 12/9/21!
I suppose there is a way for me to correct it but I haven't figured out how yet. I was army light infantry medic in nam we were attached to marines spent 11 months front line, got agent oranged, blah, blah. We will blame attention deficiency on that.

Sponsored

Benson

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Benson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Our source at Ford has just confirmed the OKTB (ok-to-buy) date for the Maverick Hybrid is December 8, 2021, due to the emission certification delay. This info originates directly from Hermosillo plant.

It remains to be seen if this date holds, but we should be less than two months away from the first saleable hybrid Mavericks.

As for EPA MPG release for the Hybrid Maverick, the source isn't 100% certain, but thinks that it should also be released on the same date.

I don’t think any auto maker should be allowed to sell new vehicles until EPA ratings have been officially confirmed and released to the public.
As many Maverick s as they will be selling, Ford should WANT to make certain they can provide official EPA ratings from government. It’s a huge omission of responsibility on Fords part…and they may face lawsuits i’d customers are not getting the facts.

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered a lariat lux pkg June 25 in Clinton Tennessee. My dealer told me that my priority code went from 19 to 02. Can anyone tell me what this means?
It means your vehicle is being previewed for possible production. Tomorrow might be your day, production notification emails go out on Thursdays.

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
@DrDoom
I've been looking at your signature block for awhile. It sounds familiar to me. Any relation to the Viet Nam era saying about "Nothing like a good dose of Agent Orange first thing in the morning"?
I think he's quoting a line from the film Apocalypse Now. "God, I love the smell of napalm in the morning! "

DrDoom

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HPR XLT and Cyber Orange XLT 2022 Ford Mavericks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
@DrDoom
Actually the saying is "Nothing like the smell of Napalm in the Morning" But being a "Chem Dog" my self, I changed it up a bit to fit the Cyber Orange!

DrDoom

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HPR XLT and Cyber Orange XLT 2022 Ford Mavericks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think he's quoting a line from the film Apocalypse Now. "God, I love the smell of napalm in the morning! "
Robin Williams said it also in "Good Morning Vietnam"
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.