Sponsored

TpaTruck

I ordered the BAP XLT because I hate the standard blue & orange interior. Thought the BAP seats and much of the interior were black or dark grey. I didn't even like the BAP exterior much, especially the black wheels.
But my 2023 is already in production. Can't change anything now..
So I've gone from being exited, to not sure I'll buy it.
Might end up keeping the base XL Eco I've had since 10/6/2021.
Hum.. but then I've got a $2750 special offer waiting to be used.

2023 Maverick WindStkr erased.jpg
I'm in the same boat, stuck with the BAP. Dealership told me they haven't been able to remove it since the day I ordered it.. which I think is complete BS.

If I was you I would buy it whether you're going to keep it or not. If not, you'll make a profit selling it. That's what I might do... Especially after seeing the pictures and realizing it's not even all black in the interior. If you don't buy it, I'm sure your dealership will just mark it up anyway and sell it to somebody else.
Sponsored

tellyouwhat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Maverick Hybrid Alto Lux BAP 360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm in the same boat, stuck with the BAP. Dealership told me they haven't been able to remove it since the day I ordered it.. which I think is complete BS.

If I was you I would buy it whether you're going to keep it or not. If not, you'll make a profit selling it. That's what I might do... Especially after seeing the pictures and realizing it's not even all black in the interior. If you don't buy it, I'm sure your dealership will just mark it up anyway and sell it to somebody else.
I think Tim said on livestream one time that have to change interior color first to remove BAP or something like that. Your dealer not only ones having this issue

Amjo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Aidan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle-less since 9/2021
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Amjo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Aidan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wtf is wrong with this company? I was already on the fence about the package. Seemed overpriced, but I really wanted black seats. Their tool even shows black seats. The difference is night and day. How is there such a disconnect between the marketing and engineering/design team. It’s BAP, not GAP.
Ford Maverick BAP Black Appearance Package 2023 Maverick spotted! Front, Back & Interior! 📸 2D0081F8-2F3B-41F7-8A2A-029FB53CA638
Ford Maverick BAP Black Appearance Package 2023 Maverick spotted! Front, Back & Interior! 📸 686EAB4B-FABE-413D-AF70-E1D2EB28CE64

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I would be so pissed if I ordered this. More evidence that Ford doesn't care about its customers.

Sponsored

Jmav2152

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Mav, 15' KTM 1190 ADV R, 19' Husq TE250i
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Tbh the penis wheels are the worst part to me. Package is about $800 too much imo.

Amjo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Aidan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would be so pissed if I ordered this. More evidence that Ford doesn't care about its customers.
If I don’t get a Ford FITS kit out this at the very least, I may just flip the vehicle. Sick of the abuse.

Reactions: bgn

projectvortex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
Uhh… there is not a single maverick that is all black inside. Your BAP lariat will have blue trim inside. Unless im misunderstanding you
Some blue is fine. All the brown leather and bronze trim was a bit much. Until one is actually seen and photographed, anything else said is pure speculation.

projectvortex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
To get even crazier

ya I see what you mean here’s the direct competition cruz 37k truck

60AF9694-AE1A-444F-B645-9E82761D8B99.jpeg
I actually love the way the Santa Cruz looks, but yeah price makes quite a difference. I test drove one and it had no power/acceleration. They need to get rid of that CVT transmission... Didn't like it in my last Tucson, which is partially why I switched to the Maverick
Uhhh…….the Santa Cruz does NOT have a CVT transmission. Not sure the Tucson ever did either.

Sponsored

Amjo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Aidan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered the BAP XLT because I hate the standard blue & orange interior. Thought the BAP seats and much of the interior were black or dark grey. I didn't even like the BAP exterior much, especially the black wheels.
But my 2023 is already in production. Can't change anything now..
So I've gone from being exited, to not sure I'll buy it.
Might end up keeping the base XL Eco I've had since 10/6/2021.
Hum.. but then I've got a $2750 special offer waiting to be used.

2023 Maverick WindStkr erased.jpg
Same boat. In production. Not keen on the exterior. Mostly re-added once I saw the interior renders once the configurator went live. Only difference is I’ve been Maverick-less for 13 months. I agree with others though. If you have the funds and time, probably best to flip it.

Amjo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Aidan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
With all the misinformation swirling around at Ford, I’d be unsurprised to pull up on delivery date to this instead of what I thought I had ordered.
Ford Maverick BAP Black Appearance Package 2023 Maverick spotted! Front, Back & Interior! 📸 4523DADB-32B8-4D7B-A88A-A77CF685FA4D

DentedFrood

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hot Hatch
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Some blue is fine. All the brown leather and bronze trim was a bit much. Until one is actually seen and photographed, anything else said is pure speculation.
It will have the blue, per the 2023 Order Guide the Navy Pier (blue) is used for all Mavericks. However the Order Guide also stated the XLT BAP seats would be Black which doesn't seem to be quite true. That said I will assume Ford will be lazy and keep the blue panels blue, especially as that matches what they say they are going to do

Ford Maverick BAP Black Appearance Package 2023 Maverick spotted! Front, Back & Interior! 📸 1671692713275

TpaTruck

I think Tim said on livestream one time that have to change interior color first to remove BAP or something like that. Your dealer not only ones having this issue
Already got that suggestion from Tim and already told my dealer, and they already tried it and told me it still didn't work. I think I'm the only one having the problem for 3 months!