First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Alto Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Tried to use a air pump today to fill up my tires and realized the AC outlets, I have 2 with Lariat Lux package, don’t work in Accessory mode…

Had to turn the car on just to run the outlets, I could have sworn the tech guy at the Ford dealer said they would work in accessory mode for things like camping, etc…

Anyone else notice this? Any setting to change this possibly?

Manual no help and does not specify for the AC if the vehicle needs to be on.
Sponsored

MysticRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford C-Max
Tried to use a air pump today to fill up my tires and realized the AC outlets, I have 2 with Lariat Lux package, don’t work in Accessory mode…

Had to turn the car on just to run the outlets, I could have sworn the tech guy at the Ford dealer said they would work in accessory mode for things like camping, etc…

I just figured the engine would need to be running to power the 400W inverter that supplies the A/C power to the outlets. Would be nice if the HVB in the Hybrid could keep things like this powered up too though.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ziggystar84

ziggystar84

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just figured the engine would need to be running to power the 400W inverter that supplies the A/C power to the outlets. Would be nice if the HVB in the Hybrid could keep things like this powered up too though.
Yeah seems like this is the case, unfortunately. Was hoping to use the back outlet for camping and such but no luck.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

when you say turn car on, do you mean setting ignition switch to ON, or actually starting the engine?

OP
OP
ziggystar84

ziggystar84

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
when you say turn car on, do you mean setting ignition switch to ON, or actually starting the engine?
Starting the engine. Accessory mode, which is just powering without the engine does not power the outlets. I have the Lariat with push button, so I don’t have On, but if you press the ignition without foot on break it’s effectively the same, Accessory mode.

Sponsored

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lincoln Corsair, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Some vehicle with pushbutton start. If you do not put foot on brake for start mode, but just push start button twice it power's everything up.

Randy H.

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick & Civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Now that you have your Maverick can you confirm if there are actually 12V power outlets in the locations listed in the manual page 151? Specifically, is there really a 12V outlet on the passenger side floor panel? Looks like these locations refer to a different vehicle

LOCATING THE POWER
OUTLET
Power outlets may be in the following
locations:
• On the lower instrument panel.
• Inside the center console.
• On the front of the center console.
• On the rear of the center console.
• On the passenger side floor panel.
• 3rd row on the quarter trim panels. (WTF?)

Redneck Garage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
10 Wrangler 22 Lexus 22 Maverick 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

A hybrid would actually be different. The engine would only start up if the hybrid battery needed charging or initial warm up for heat

A hybrid would actually be different. The engine would only start up if the hybrid battery needed charging or initial warm up for heat.

idk

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW R1200C
You could drain a 12volt battery very quickly with a 110 volt drain. Run the engine when you use it or your engine may not run when you try to start it.

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Would be nice if the HVB in the Hybrid could keep things like this powered up too though.
The Hybrid needs to be in the "ON" or "Ready" mode to use the 110V/400W Outlet(s).

As long as there is enough charge in the High Voltage battery the 2.5L gas engine will not be running.

The 2.5L gas engine will only run if the charge on the HV battery gets to low and will again shut off when the HV battery gets enough charge.

This is just one more (of many) plus feature for the Hybrid vs the EcoBoost.

Sponsored

MysticRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford C-Max
The Hybrid needs to be in the "ON" or "Ready" mode to use the 110V/400W Outlet(s).

As long as there is enough charge in the High Voltage battery the 2.5L gas engine will not be running.

The 2.5L gas engine will only run if the charge on the HV battery gets to low and will again shut off when the HV battery gets enough charge.

Indeed. Point was it would be nice if the HVB would power his 400W inverter with the key in the ACC position. I should've specified that to avoid confusion.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Some vehicle with pushbutton start. If you do not put foot on brake for start mode, but just push start button twice it power's everything up.
my Grand Cherokee is like that.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You could drain a 12volt battery very quickly with a 110 volt drain. Run the engine when you use it or your engine may not run when you try to start it.
Most inverters have a "low battery cutoff" where they won't continue drawing from battery below a preset voltage of say 10.5 volts. The ones I've had for last 20 years or so in my home solar systems also tend to have a really annoying high pitched alarm sound for low battery status :eek:

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lincoln Corsair, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Always good information around here. Never been in or around any type of Hybrid. So ready mode is new verbage to me. Look forward to learning hands on.

caring1

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus, Tesla, Ford

Does the lower bed light that comes with the Lux package at least work when the vehicle is off or is it all dead when the truck is off?
Sponsored