Question on accessory power

Jroehrer10

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Hey all, picked up my mav yesterday and the first thing I did was put in a new dash cam. I got the rexing v1P - 4K. I have it powered by the 12 volt (cigarette lighter) in the front, my question is do these get continued power with the mav off? As of now it is staying on even after I shut down and lock up. Any help is appreciated!
Sponsored

bombast

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I believe the lighter socket turns off after a couple minutes. If your camera stays on longer, check the settings. It may not be set to sleep on power off and is running on internal batteries.

OP
OP

Jroehrer10

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
I believe the lighter socket turns off after a couple minutes. If your camera stays on longer, check the settings. It may not be set to sleep on power off and is running on internal batteries.
Thank you! I found out that the camera runs for 10 minutes after power off. So the couple minutes of added time with the maverick plus those ten minutes were tripping me up every time i checked after 10-15 minutes.

WannaMav

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thank you! I found out that the camera runs for 10 minutes after power off. So the couple minutes of added time with the maverick plus those ten minutes were tripping me up every time i checked after 10-15 minutes.
You can adjust the time until shut-off via an option of the dashboard (not infotainment) screen.

OP
OP

Jroehrer10

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
You can adjust the time until shut-off via an option of the dashboard (not infotainment) screen.
I cannot seem to find this, do you know what it is under specifically?

Sponsored

WannaMav

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
AFAIK, it's a part of the Lighting options, as seen here:

g1zstar

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL Hybrid Barebones
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Be careful, It isn't 10 minutes exactly. I've had anywhere from 5 minutes to 30 minutes, and on the night that I woke up to a dead battery, 1 hour and 15 minutes if I recall correctly.
Sponsored