First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4, Chevy Chevelle SS, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just noticed something in this video I had not noticed before... When the tailgate is lowered you will notice a blank-off plate secured by 8 screws at the top half of the tailgate (access to the tailgate latch). I'm hope someone will design a replacement insert for this space to store random stuff like a tarp, bed net, wash kit, etc.
Ford Maverick TFL - Maverick XL vs Lariat Hands-On Video (Non-Driving) InkedUntitled_LI

This thing?
Sponsored

vezpa

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
EMG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Did the exhaust look really low or was it just the perspective?
Its really low and will hit on anything offroad. I'll be fixing this. Maybe this was still a pre-production unit they tested a while back and had to wait to release the video?

Ford Maverick TFL - Maverick XL vs Lariat Hands-On Video (Non-Driving) 20210928_111541

Last edited:

slashy42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
I did also mention that the wording wasn't changed on 1st edition and I believe another area on the order guide and I think that was missed over by mistake.
My window sticker says power tilt/slide. I think we might have a class action lawsuit on our hands if it isn't. 🙂

doug2104

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just watched the video. Love the TFL guys. But damn, STOP TALKING ABOUT WATER BOTTLES! Hahaha. It’s my biggest gripe. Ford still plugging that hard.
I agree with you 100%. I wish they would stop taking about the dam water bottles.

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4, Chevy Chevelle SS, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My window sticker says power tilt/slide. I think we might have a class action lawsuit on our hands if it isn't. 🙂
I don't think I've ever used the tilt function on my current moon roof but yeah, add me to that class action lawsuit if so. haha.

Sponsored

Bret Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yep this is a great video..... I will be getting the slow open tailgate kit listed in the assy catalog for $50
I just noticed something in this video I had not noticed before... When the tailgate is lowered you will notice a blank-off plate secured by 8 screws at the top half of the tailgate (access to the tailgate latch). I'm hope someone will design a replacement insert for this space to store random stuff like a tarp, bed net, wash kit, etc.
I believe the screws also are for mounting the optional tailgate mat. Not positive though.

CASD57

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz
Engine
Undecided
I don't think I've ever used the tilt function on my current moon roof but yeah, add me to that class action lawsuit if so. haha.
I use mine all the time..I prefer tilt over a Bird poop opening..

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
'Tilt' is the default for if I remote-open the windows on mine. I kind of wish it actually opened especially since tilt doesn't help if I have the sunshade closed.

Randy H.

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick & Civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sponsored

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No such thing as idling with an auto start stop feature.... the engine shuts off
It is only automatic when you come to a stop by braking. As soon as you lift your foot just millimeters, the engine will start back up. It also won't again shut down if you brake, lift then repress the brake.

My ranger has it, I'm driving a RAV4 rental week which also has it. They work the exact same, but I will say that the Toyota restart is much rougher and jerky!

rp2s

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None, waiting for 2024 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
OK, the standard 12V battery is located under the rear seat of the Hybrid.. Where did they mount the high voltage battery?
That battery is located under the passenger seat (under the flooring).

MarkG

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
YEP, that's the dummy cover; I envision accessories designed to replace that cover.
That cover provides access to the tailgate latch and linkages. There would be little useful space behind it.

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid