Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
10 Wrangler 22 Lexus 22 Maverick 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

This is a really tired argument. Bottom line is Ford shouldn't TAKE more orders then they can BUILD. Fleet, retail, wholesale, sweepstakes prizes, Ford has taken thousands more orders than they can possibly fill which certainly WILL piss off individual consumers that have an order (which I would argue is the problem ) and will soon realize they are not going to get a truck after waiting a year or more. I have 2 on order placed first day of 23 order bank being open. 2 white XL Hybrids. Will I get those ? Im betting no chance in H@##. Here's a question - was Ford including the Fleet orders in its - we had 86K ordered and had to shut down the order bank...... if they didn't include Fleet numbers then the outlook is really bleak on the hybrid orders. A multi billion dollar corporation really should do better than this worse than "trying to win the lottery" ordering system.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

So what they can build is stand alone trailer hitch's on all these X L T Fleet model's. i thought these were constraint's on regular "Retail/order's are they not on fleet order's also!
Yeah but when you get the crate of hitches in and you are working out scheduling and the white paint is sitting on the shelf. You build the fleet order and with what you have left of hitches suddenly schedule the retail models. My Tremor has a hitch and it got scheduled but only after I added SIBL(since it was no longer a constraint and had a ton of it taking up space) and dropped the splash guards. There are so many variables. Each of us as individuals try to explain this or that aspect on the forum here, but there is a literally a team, maybe its 2 people maybe its 15, who knows but they are putting in 40 hours a week on scheduling organiziation. Its complex.

baldboy

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah but when you get the crate of hitches in and you are working out scheduling and the white paint is sitting on the shelf. You build the fleet order and with what you have left of hitches suddenly schedule the retail models. My Tremor has a hitch and it got scheduled but only after I added SIBL(since it was no longer a constraint and had a ton of it taking up space) and dropped the splash guards. There are so many variables. Each of us as individuals try to explain this or that aspect on the forum here, but there is a literally a team, maybe its 2 people maybe its 15, who knows but they are putting in 40 hours a week on scheduling organiziation. Its complex.
So do you work at ford, you claim to know so much where do you get your info a constraint is a constraint just because you added a slink doesn’t do it for you. What did it for you was that you order a “Tremor” that is a big profit for ford and they are under sailing that’s why you got it period!

jahl

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So do you work at ford, you claim to know so much where do you get your info a constraint is a constraint just because you added a slink doesn’t do it for you. What did it for you was that you order a “Tremor” that is a big profit for ford and they are under sailing that’s why you got it period!

What are you trying to accomplish here? You are upset, and fighting with forum members. Are any forum members responsible for your problems with your order? You shout at me that you "promise" me that my truck is an Ecoboost. What the hell is that? Seriously, I post that I have a hybrid, and you are going to come in and tell me that I am mistaken about what kind of truck is sitting in my driveway, and punctuate your "promise" with an exclamation point?

There are many examples, but that one 7 word statement alone demonstrates quite clearly and definitively that you are acting irrational.

Sponsored

1fifty

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Well for one my Tremor is probably a medium profit model since I didnt order lariet or lux option, just a xlt tremor with a bedliner and inverter. As for how I know what I know. Like alot of folks on here I read the information provided to us on these pages from the administrator, granger, and tim bartz, among others. Also im a working man, I never bothered with college and went straight to working for whoever would pay me. I worked for temp agencies when travelling in my youth. I worked on 3 loading docks, 6 assembly lines, 4 or 5 single or dual station parts builder processes, long haul trucking, expedited freight trucking, packaging departments, small parts counting facilities, intermediate warehouse, tooling departments and others. That experience tells me alot about whats going on when I read updates on these pages. Its all a guess, but an educated guess.

baldboy

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well for one my Tremor is probably a medium profit model since I didnt order lariet or lux option, just a xlt tremor with a bedliner and inverter. As for how I know what I know. Like alot of folks on here I read the information provided to us on these pages from the administrator, granger, and tim bartz, among others. Also im a working man, I never bothered with college and went straight to working for whoever would pay me. I worked for temp agencies when travelling in my youth. I worked on 3 loading docks, 6 assembly lines, 4 or 5 single or dual station parts builder processes, long haul trucking, expedited freight trucking, packaging departments, small parts counting facilities, intermediate warehouse, tooling departments and others. That experience tells me alot about whats going on when I read updates on these pages. Its all a guess, but an educated guess.
You are so right. It is a guess and that’s all!

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

You are so right. It is a guess and that’s all!
Generally speaking 90% of every company is exactly the same. The monotany of the mundane, you have to be either ground breaking or law breaking to get outside of the general way large buisnesses work and make decisions.

OmgWeAreGettingOne

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xlt hybrid ionic silver lux package 360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Why does the little guys pay more taxes than the millionaires they are more of us than they are of them but we will take the hit from ford.just like tax
because we are the little guys.
Wow. You don’t understand the tax system. Do me a favor Google whatever state you live in and ask what percentage of tax revenue your state gets off the top 1percent. Bet u it is double digits and the first number is not one. Is it perfect, heck no, but it is better than any 1party dictatorship,leftist, or right wing system. Not getting into political views but you brought up taxes.

Sponsored

OmgWeAreGettingOne

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xlt hybrid ionic silver lux package 360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is a really tired argument. Bottom line is Ford shouldn't TAKE more orders then they can BUILD. Fleet, retail, wholesale, sweepstakes prizes, Ford has taken thousands more orders than they can possibly fill which certainly WILL piss off individual consumers that have an order (which I would argue is the problem ) and will soon realize they are not going to get a truck after waiting a year or more. I have 2 on order placed first day of 23 order bank being open. 2 white XL Hybrids. Will I get those ? Im betting no chance in H@##. Here's a question - was Ford including the Fleet orders in its - we had 86K ordered and had to shut down the order bank...... if they didn't include Fleet numbers then the outlook is really bleak on the hybrid orders. A multi billion dollar corporation really should do better than this worse than "trying to win the lottery" ordering system.
Ok. Worded this way is spot on. It should be like a concert ticket. If u get it, u get in. Ticketmaster and stuff as it figured out on a much larger scale. And they have to deal with cancellations scalpers venue issues which is like ford dealing with part constraints. Not perfect but this should be the model

ATXTACOS

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat. 2018 Ford Edge Ti trim
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

The fleet buyers are far more loyal customers than you or I.

And Ford is still delivering retail orders.
I'm actually encouraging a more fleet like system. I don't give a crap about fleets.

I just bought my first non ford vehicle since the 90's

"And Ford is still delivering retail orders." Ha Ha Ha that is rich. Delivering...500 days? Pfffft

jahl

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ok. Worded this way is spot on. It should be like a concert ticket. If u get it, u get in. Ticketmaster and stuff as it figured out on a much larger scale. And they have to deal with cancellations scalpers venue issues which is like ford dealing with part constraints. Not perfect but this should be the model
Using ticketmaster to buy concert tickets as an example of a model of how things should be done? Sweet Mary and Joseph, I could never have imagined anyone would or could.... ooohhh, bless your heart.

jahl

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm actually encouraging a more fleet like system. I don't give a crap about fleets.

I just bought my first non ford vehicle since the 90's

"And Ford is still delivering retail orders." Ha Ha Ha that is rich. Delivering...500 days? Pfffft
I ordered 2 in September and received them in February. Neighbor got his in January.. I am not going to do the exact math, but I am pretty sure we made it in under the 500 day mark.

ATXTACOS

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat. 2018 Ford Edge Ti trim
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

The fleet buyers are far more loyal customers than you or I.

And Ford is still delivering retail orders.
I ordered 2 in September and received them in February. Neighbor got his in January.. I am not going to do the exact math, but I am pretty sure we made it in under the 500 day mark.
There is a 500 club. People would like to test drive at truck. Congrats but your situation doesn't seem to be the norm. Just my observation. I'm not saying anything that isn't echoed through this forum.
Sponsored