First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ran across an article in my news feed from road and track indicating that some dealers are adding thousands of dollars to the cost of Broncos that people had ordered from Ford, right before delivery,. Hoping this doesn't start happening with Mavericks as well. They made it sound like the dealers don't care if the people walk away because they can obviously sell them for more than the original orderer would have originally paid. Not sure how locked down the cost of my truck is on the order paperwork I signed or the xplan price they have wrote on it, but I hope it doesn't change.
Sponsored

boe757

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150, camry,
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ran across an article in my news feed from road and track indicating that some dealers are adding thousands of dollars to the cost of Broncos that people had ordered from Ford, right before delivery,. Hoping this doesn't start happening with Mavericks as well. They made it sound like the dealers don't care if the people walk away because they can obviously sell them for more than the original orderer would have originally paid. Not sure how locked down the cost of my truck is on the order paperwork I signed or the xplan price they have wrote on it, but I hope it doesn't change.
concerned about the same thing, I would guess walk and post is the only choice,

OC-D

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m scared of the same thing but also wondering if it’s worth the bad PR. I think being in a metro area with tons of dealers will disincentivize my dealer but small regional type dealerships might not care since they’re the only game in town.

TheGriffin1313

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mav, 05 M3, 07GSXR
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
All the Broncos or mustangs for that matter all have dealer enhanced pricing In SD anyway up to 4K in some instances. That is why pre order is the way to go as the price is already fixed. The dealers are chomping at the bit for customers to cancel orders last minute, so they can turn them into stock inventory and add the markup. Not all dealers do this but most who know they can get the extra $$ will do it.

So kudos to the small town dealers that truly serve their communities and don't do the big city hustle. You can see them on this sight giving their best. 4% below and 2X warranties mind blowing.

starquestbd22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
I’m sure this is few and far between but someone posted the price sticker on a new full sized Bronco to one of the FB pages a few days ago. $38k + $20k market adjustment = $58k. No joke. No clue where it was.

Sponsored

OP
OP

sjones4817

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
All the Broncos or mustangs for that matter all have dealer enhanced pricing In SD anyway up to 4K in some instances. That is why pre order is the way to go as the price is already fixed. The dealers are chomping at the bit for customers to cancel orders last minute, so they can turn them into stock inventory and add the markup. Not all dealers do this but most who know they can get the extra $$ will do it.

So kudos to the small town dealers that truly serve their communities and don't do the big city hustle. You can see them on this sight giving their best. 4% below and 2X warranties mind blowing.
These people are apparently waiting on their pre-orders, but then being told the price has changed right before delivery, like adding 10k on top of their 58k Bronco pre-order just days before it was to deliver to them.

brnpttmn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
These people are apparently waiting on their pre-orders, but then being told the price has changed right before delivery, like adding 10k on top of their 58k Bronco pre-order just days before it was to deliver to them.
They should contact ford. My understanding is that too many canceled orders can negatively impact future allocations for that dealer, and I'm sure ford would frown on dealers backing out of a priced DORA.

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4, Chevy Chevelle SS, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just terrible. Even more glad I ordered thru Long McArthur. It would be career suicide if they tried to pull this stunt.

Davis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
A dealer local had a $100k markup on some fancy Mustang a few years back. They wanted like $160k for it, $60k for the car and $100k ADM if I remember right. With the way the market is right now I'm sure any new car on the lot will sell for more than MSRP.

Sponsored

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sounds like a PR disaster for Ford, I'd report the dealer to Ford as those shenanigans should definitely bother them and Ford doesn't benefit at all. I know on the Hyundai forums there was a dealer that put some crazy markup on a Santa Cruz around $10K over MSRP and it made the news and Hyundai got pissed and threatened them and they have the legal right under "manufacturer imposed requirements" and can otherwise cut them off. Voila, price was lowered.

Davis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
They should contact ford. My understanding is that too many canceled orders can negatively impact future allocations for that dealer, and I'm sure ford would frown on dealers backing out of a priced DORA.
It wouldn't be a canceled order if they don't sell it to whomever placed the order. If they walk away the dealer will just put it on the lot with a markup and it'll be gone in about 10 minutes.

WasChops

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz Ltd + Maverick Lariat Hybr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ran across an article in my news feed from road and track indicating that some dealers are adding thousands of dollars to the cost of Broncos that people had ordered from Ford, right before delivery,. Hoping this doesn't start happening with Mavericks as well. They made it sound like the dealers don't care if the people walk away because they can obviously sell them for more than the original ordered would have originally paid. Not sure how locked down the cost of my truck is on the order paperwork I signed or the xplan price they have wrote on it, but I hope it doesn't change.
Yea, I am walking away from Ford forever, IF IN FACT this unfolds!! Ford has the ability to reign in these scoundrel dealerships... and apparently is doing nothing?!!?

I have already experienced a "slight adjustment in fees" to an order which was to be handled out of state - drop shipped to a Courtesy Dealership. That small adjustment, when I "called them on the carpet" was an adjustment AFTER the MSRP pricing - to which there was no add on fee whatsoever noted!! In other words it was the dealer adding the fee!

The Dealership responded that he had no control over what Ford was charging.... an outright avoidance to comment directly to the fact that the Dealership WAS ADDING the fee not FORD!

So Mr. Ford Manufacturer Head of Dealership Sales - if you are reviewing this site and come across my comments, perhaps you have "no care what so ever for my loss of purchase or continuation to be a Ford buyer"... or you can realize that these actions by YOUR DEALERSHIPS, will in fact impact current and future purchasing choices and take action immediately to "reign in" these dealerships and their rogue (dare I state it? "maverick" activity)???

Wasatch-Man

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I know I'm going to catch flack, but I swear, some people on this forum are not happy unless there's something new to worry about! Just take a deep breath already! The past two weeks people were having the vapors that from that released internal Ford memo that "no hybrids would be produced until further notice." Turned out to be not true.

If you believe all these "concern" threads, no one will ever receive their Mavericks. Sorry, but I'm so done with this hand-wringing!

You know what will also improve your general outlook on life...turn the news off for a week! Your emotional and mental health will improve exponentially!

Last edited:

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

my local small town dealer (the ONLY Ford dealer in town) told me there will be no markup above MSRP on Maverick as it's not the way they do business. They DO have a notice posted everywhere there is a non-negotiable $299.00 dealer fee added to every vehicle for "Delivery & Handling" expenses they incur. Likely BS and pure profit for them, but I'm still coming in under what I previously budgeted for a new small truck and buying it with windfall profits from selling an old house, so not sweating it.

*edited: fee is only $299.00, not $399.00 like I originally posted.
Sponsored

Last edited: