First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Cherokee
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Looking forward 2 tonight to see what Tim the video guy has to say about the price increases if just in Canada or both Canada in the United States definitely will be watching.

Vols44

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Edge
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Looking forward 2 tonight to see what Tim the video guy has to say about the price increases if just in Canada or both Canada in the United States definitely will be watching.
I get good results when I tag a question in the YT chat box with @LongMcArhur so @fordvideoguy can sift through the chatter and answer every question. I look forward to hearing what he has to say about the CAN & USD differences and how the customer needs to hold the dealer accountable via the memo language I posted in the MY22- MY23 thread on this site.

psklenar

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rivian R1T
Not sure if anyone else follows any of the Rivian FB pages (and I assume it's all over their various forum sites as well) . Apparently they just announced significant option changes and significant accompanying price increases of up $15,000 to $25,000 for any orders not yet built ... people who've had pre-orders since 2019 are seeing their $75,000 trucks suddenly become $100,000 trucks. Or worse. At least Ford hasn't gone that route on us. 😒

pat----

Vols44

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Edge
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yup. I was looking at the Bronco Sports recently and saw that the price went up $1000 today.
I'd ask @fordvideoguy if unscheded MY21 Broncos would have to give up their Price Protection if they added MY22 options or went with one of the new colors like Eruption Green?

Sponsored

Vols44

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Edge
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not sure if anyone else follows any of the Rivian FB pages (and I assume it's all over their various forum sites as well) . Apparently they just announced significant option changes and significant accompanying price increases of up $15,000 to $25,000 for any orders not yet built ... people who've had pre-orders since 2019 are seeing their $75,000 trucks suddenly become $100,000 trucks. Or worse. At least Ford hasn't gone that route on us. 😒

pat----
The price of the charger is going up 50%.

Bosfordjd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 MINI Cooper S, '07 Frontier LE LWB
It won't take long until the Maverick is priced like the ranger, ranger priced like the F150(basically already is), etc. Next remodel will get bloated and bigger etc, the way it always goes.

The pricing when you option up is already going to push it out of reasonably priced real quick.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It won't take long until the Maverick is priced like the ranger, ranger priced like the F150(basically already is), etc. Next remodel will get bloated and bigger etc, the way it always goes.

The pricing when you option up is already going to push it out of reasonably priced real quick.
I wouldn't bet on that. This is Ford's ONLY entry level vehicle. There's nothing below it price-wise in their planning. I expect they will continue trying to smooth out the production & delivery pipeline with only small incremental price bumps along the way. Ranger is NOT currently priced anywhere near the F-150 either. For reference, my ordered Mav XL specced exactly the way I want it from the factory is $26505 OTD. I recently used Ranger Build & price tool and made an XL Ranger with every useful feature I would want to make a comparable truck to my Mav build and it comes out at $27920 before tax or any incentives. MSRP for F-150 base XL starts at $29900 but nobody seems to buy those and I don't see them in dealer inventories around here. Typically they are configured with packages pushing starting price up to $35,000+

BTW: nobody HAS TO option up Mavericks. Barebones XL with maybe a few add ons for individual necessity or preference is a great value proposition for many of us.

DesertSweat

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Lariat, Honda HR-V 6spd
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Does this mean if you have MY22 on order that gets rolled to 23 will they still honor MY22 price?
Doubtful. I ordered in June and got hit with the December increased for my February build.

brnpttmn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

pat----
Yeah, just read this. 20% increases price increases and huge delays base spec models. Just shows, it can always be worse.

Rivian surprises, outrages EV truck buyers with 20% price hike | Ars Technica

Sponsored

06Warrior

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Person
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' HD Road Glide, 22’ Sporster S
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Doubtful. I ordered in June and got hit with the December increased for my February build.
You are price protected. Tim spoke about this several times.

Bosfordjd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wouldn't bet on that. This is Ford's ONLY entry level vehicle. There's nothing below it price-wise in their planning. I expect they will continue trying to smooth out the production & delivery pipeline with only small incremental price bumps along the way. Ranger is NOT currently priced anywhere near the F-150 either. For reference, my ordered Mav XL specced exactly the way I want it from the factory is $26505 OTD. I recently used Ranger Build & price tool and made an XL Ranger with every useful feature I would want to make a comparable truck to my Mav build and it comes out at $27920 before tax or any incentives. MSRP for F-150 base XL starts at $29900 but nobody seems to buy those and I don't see them in dealer inventories around here. Typically they are configured with packages pushing starting price up to $35,000+

BTW: nobody HAS TO option up Mavericks. Barebones XL with maybe a few add ons for individual necessity or preference is a great value proposition for many of us.

Ranger was the "entry" level for trucks, when it was eventually redesigned what happened? It might take a couple cycles. But yeah it's guaranteed.

And you just said the starting MSRP for an F150 is 29k...that already means the ranger is in F150 range...and Maverick is close when optioned up.

The base xl would be an awesome value...with factory cruise, they 100% left that off to push most buyers to a higher trim. They'll try to keep the XL MSRP below 20k for this design cycle just for the publicity, but it'll be higher next cycle. And really the MSRP is 21.1k, since the shipping/delivery charges are not optional.

Pickles

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia rio, kia sorento
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Any price increases are only for next year's 2023 models 22's will remain the same
Untrue. The price increase from the video mentioned was for 22 incoming inventory. 2023 will for certain be another increase

JKinPA

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mountaineer
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Ranger was the "entry" level for trucks, when it was eventually redesigned what happened? It might take a couple cycles. But yeah it's guaranteed.

And you just said the starting MSRP for an F150 is 29k...that already means the ranger is in F150 range...and Maverick is close when optioned up.

The base xl would be an awesome value...with factory cruise, they 100% left that off to push most buyers to a higher trim. They'll try to keep the XL MSRP below 20k for this design cycle just for the publicity, but it'll be higher next cycle. And really the MSRP is 21.1k, since the shipping/delivery charges are not optional.
I looked at the Ranger before I ordered my Maverick. XLT with every option package, comparable Ranger was $12434 more. I got the options that I wanted, came in around 33k, for me it was a tremendous value. I have hauled refrigerators, exercise equipment, and a bunch of other stuff. Getting 21 mpg in suburban driving (stop lights and stop signs aplenty),getting slightly under 29 on the highway with 245’s Falkens. Interior is spacious and comfortable. I am thrilled with my Maverick and feel like I got a great deal for what I have. My opinion, it’s the best vehicle for the price. I am constantly getting asked about it, pretty sure three people ordered a Maverick after seeing mine and asking questions. One guy guessed that I paid 45 to 50k before I told him the price. I actually had to show him my bill of sale for him to believe it. Oh, he offered to buy mine for what I paid for it, I just laughed and told him to get his own, lol.

Bosfordjd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I looked at the Ranger before I ordered my Maverick. XLT with every option package, comparable Ranger was $12434 more. I got the options that I wanted, came in around 33k, for me it was a tremendous value. I have hauled refrigerators, exercise equipment, and a bunch of other stuff. Getting 21 mpg in suburban driving (stop lights and stop signs aplenty),getting slightly under 29 on the highway with 245’s Falkens. Interior is spacious and comfortable. I am thrilled with my Maverick and feel like I got a great deal for what I have. My opinion, it’s the best vehicle for the price. I am constantly getting asked about it, pretty sure three people ordered a Maverick after seeing mine and asking questions. One guy guessed that I paid 45 to 50k before I told him the price. I actually had to show him my bill of sale for him to believe it. Oh, he offered to buy mine for what I paid for it, I just laughed and told him to get his own, lol.

....over a 50% increase on the base vehicle price for options is not tremendous value. It's a scam. No options add that much to the cost or value over the base vehicle.
Sponsored