Sponsored

What will be the make or break specs for you on the Maverick?

ElMaverick

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Engine
Undecided
Sport trucks are awesome. Ive said for years if the Ute market came over to the US at any point I wouldnt drive anything BUT them. I mean look at em. Theyre litererally perfect vehicles.

1613701406121.jpeg

Depending how chunky and bulky the front of the Mav looks, Id be tempted to lower one. Only if it doesnt follow the current truck trend of making godawful ugly swollen looking things like the third gen Taco, next gen Ranger, or new Ridgeline though. Doesnt work as well for bulky fronts. Docs Ranger up there looks awesome though. Those are subtle enough to look great lowered.
This has me thinking:

Maverick Nascar truck Anyone? :ROFLMAO:

You can bet that one will be ass-to-grass
Sponsored

ghost1986

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Grand Marquis
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Itā€™s a car! Itā€™s a truck! No, itā€™s the worst of both! šŸ˜†

El Camino or Ranchero anyone?

if this is what ppl wanted, the Honda Ridgeline would sell like hot cakes.. bc thatā€™s what it essentially is...
I mean, its a rear wheel drive V8 muscle car I could haul lumbar in. Its literally a perfect vehicle.

Also they DO sell Ridgelines like hotcakes. They are everywhere around here. Id love one but they're just too expensive new and the older ones i find are usually beat up and worked to death.

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2020 HPP mustang
If these things come with a 2.3L EB option for like max tow or sport version, I'd probably order soon as the order banks open. I never do stuff like that based on my previous buying habits.
The 2.0 block is pretty Badass ....

Sponsored

Xtreme Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota
The 2.0 block is pretty Badass ....
Indeed, but the 2.3L block is even beefier. Another potential 100HP and 75TQ from an additional 0.3L. Sign me up!

Reactions: Doc

Basil

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Do yā€™all really believe it will only have a 40ā€ wide bed?
I need to be able to easily throw some plywood and Sheetrock in the bed.
just want some basic off road capabilities.
Iā€™m finally able to afford a payment so itā€™s this or a ā€˜19 frontier.
just make a basic truck that isnā€™t trying to be luxury.
Iā€™m really excited for the possibilities and glad I found this forum

OP
OP

MarcusBrody

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Transit Connect, BMW 318ti
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Do yā€™all really believe it will only have a 40ā€ wide bed?
I need to be able to easily throw some plywood and Sheetrock in the bed.
just want some basic off road capabilities.
Iā€™m finally able to afford a payment so itā€™s this or a ā€˜19 frontier.
just make a basic truck that isnā€™t trying to be luxury.
Iā€™m really excited for the possibilities and glad I found this forum
I strongly suspect that the bed will not be 48 wide between the wheel wells. If they're clever, they'll do something like Jeep did on the Gladiator where they flattened off the wheel well covers in the bed and then made an intermediate position for the tailgate so that you can put full width sheet goods in the bed even if the distance between the wheel wells isn't 48-49in.

You can't put a full sized sheet of plywood flat in the back of a Ranger (or that Frontier). They're 44.9 in between the wheel wells.

Basil

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I strongly suspect that the bed will not be 48 wide between the wheel wells. If they're clever, they'll do something like Jeep did on the Gladiator where they flattened off the wheel well covers in the bed and then made an intermediate position for the tailgate so that you can put full width sheet goods in the bed even if the distance between the wheel wells isn't 48-49in.

You can't put a full sized sheet of plywood flat in the back of a Ranger (or that Frontier). They're 44.9 in between the wheel wells.
ok so I think I misunderstood. Someone earlier mentioned a 40ā€ wide bed and I thought they meant the overall internal width of the bed not the distance between wheel wells.
Iā€™ve only had older rangers and my current stepside is frustrating

Woody_Finch

First Name
Woody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Frontier, 2012 Focus, 2011 Fiesta
ok so I think I misunderstood. Someone earlier mentioned a 40ā€ wide bed and I thought they meant the overall internal width of the bed not the distance between wheel wells.
That's my bad. I googled "Ford Ranger Bed Width" and the results showed 44". So I simply rounded down to 40" for the Maverick. But as MarcusBrody points out, it's 44" between wheel wells. And digging a little shows the Ranger bed is 61" wide when the wheel wells aren't considered.

If it lets me, I'll go back and edit my numbers using 50" as the width of the tailgate (which is the number I was looking at for the diagonal length of the bed).

Last edited:
Sponsored
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 Maverick, 10 Ranger Sport, 03 VTX1800C
I put a Freakride 3 link suspension kit with a panhard bar, dropped it 6 inches...
Regards
Doc
7872934D-0CBD-4D50-B5E5-580BC6F86873.jpeg
B4B79099-D4D3-4365-BE99-2A9268CFE690.jpeg
233D7F72-1AD2-4C31-87E0-DC62F3DAED4F.jpeg
7872934D-0CBD-4D50-B5E5-580BC6F86873.jpeg
CBC6EF5E-C537-477A-9058-CFF7541E39B2.jpeg
85C408D5-F530-4A5F-811F-C9D25641EF6C.jpeg
7144C4DD-B0F1-42C2-BFDC-933EC203345C.jpeg
One of my biggest issues with the current Ranger was the lack of drop kits.... and stupid high sticker prices... but I like yours dropped...

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2020 HPP mustang
One of my biggest issues with the current Ranger was the lack of drop kits.... and stupid high sticker prices... but I like yours dropped...
Thanks...Bell tech will be coming out with a cheaper alternative this year... Iā€™ve got $6500 parts and labor into this suspension..but itā€™s road race Quality..I love it but letā€™s see what bell tech comes up with. I believe it will be a flip kit with the existing leaf springs..
Regards
Doc

TruckGuySC

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat

Attachments

ElMaverick

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Engine
Undecided
From the looks of the spy pics and the space between the wheel and the actual wheel well that could be a big possibility...

rtcraft89

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes E-500
Would it be foolish for me to expect between 36 and 40 inches of leg room in the second row on the Maverick?

The reason I ask is thatā€™s what the bronco sport and escape are currently offering. This would be a huge selling feature for me as I have a growing family.

I sat in a new Ranger which is smaller in the back comparatively and had plenty of room.
Sponsored