Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
10 Wrangler 22 Lexus 22 Maverick 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

So just thinking out loud here…those 1300 Mavs are either sitting at Hermasillo waiting on chips and/or quality checks, waiting to be shipped, or in transit to dealers, right? Man I hope it’s #3.
Id guess if they didnt have the chips they wouldn't have built them. From the looks of some of the dealer sites probably in transit.
Sponsored

starquestbd22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Id guess if they didnt have the chips they wouldn't have built them. From the looks of some of the dealer sites probably in transit.
I’d hope so as well. But the miles of Fords sitting around waiting for chips isn’t very promising.

es7129

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Appreciate everyone's patience as we begin to really ramp up production. Believe me, we want this truck in your driveway as badly as you do (ok well, almost as badly). It will be worth the wait!
Can you advise what a realistic expectation should be for delivery of hybrids from one of our forum associated dealerships?
Are we looking more at Dec, Feb, etc with Ecoboosts receiving priority for builds?

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
Can you advise what a realistic expectation should be for delivery of hybrids from one of our forum associated dealerships?
Are we looking more at Dec, Feb, etc with Ecoboosts receiving priority for builds?
Yes. We just don't know what year yet.

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This exactly - if there were going to be chip shortages with the Maverick, there would have been zero point in announcing, stating fall deliveries, and allowing for reservations and orders from dealers. Unlike the Bronco, and other existing models, they had full opportunity to make final adjustments to the Maverick so they could announce, schedule and build in the middle of a pandemic induced chip shortage.

Sponsored

Renho17

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Appreciate everyone's patience as we begin to really ramp up production. Believe me, we want this truck in your driveway as badly as you do (ok well, almost as badly). It will be worth the wait!
can you give us a hint or guess on how much it can ramp up the next 4 months. So sept #’s double Aug #’s and so on down the line?

Scott carbo

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburu outback and Buick lucerne
Maverick Ordering & Production Highlights
  • The new Ford Maverick has pushed past 100,000 reservations, with strong demand coming out of California, Texas and Florida.
  • Maverick production (August 2021): 1,297
  • Maverick production (YTD): 1,663
Overall August 2021 Ford Sales Highlights
  • Overall sales down 33.1% (year-over-year from August 2020)
  • EV sales up 67.3%
  • Ford Retail Sales Grow 6.5 Percent From Last Month Due To Production
    and Inventory Improvements
  • 41,000 New Retail Orders, Up 4-Fold
  • F-Series Has Best Performance Since Semiconductor Chip Shortage Began, Up 11 Percent From July
  • F-150 Lightning Tops 130,000 Reservations

Ford-US-August-2021-Sales-Release-1.jpg

Ford-US-August-2021-Sales-Release-2.jpg

Ford-US-August-2021-Sales-Release-3.jpg

Ford-US-August-2021-Sales-Release-4.jpg
Companies build satisfaction and loyalty through communication. The Maverick is my first purchase of a Ford product, and I am not at all impressed with the organization's communication with those who have ordered new products. The only place I can get information at all is in this forum. Why isn't Ford communicating directly via mass email to everyone that is placed an order? By waiting to have every detail figured out before they share anything, they are burning through my patience. I'm in no hurry for my Maverick. But if this is an indication of what I could expect of the communication with Ford and it's dealerships, I am starting to second guess my vehicle purchase. Consumers typically make their choices on where to spend money based on price, product, and service. Service is all about communication. Share good news, share bad news. But good heavens, share some news.

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Companies build satisfaction and loyalty through communication. The Maverick is my first purchase of a Ford product, and I am not at all impressed with the organization's communication with those who have ordered new products. The only place I can get information at all is in this forum. Why isn't Ford communicating directly via mass email to everyone that is placed an order? By waiting to have every detail figured out before they share anything, they are burning through my patience. I'm in no hurry for my Maverick. But if this is an indication of what I could expect of the communication with Ford and it's dealerships, I am starting to second guess my vehicle purchase. Consumers typically make their choices on where to spend money based on price, product, and service. Service is all about communication. Share good news, share bad news. But good heavens, share some news.
YES, there are others who see it as it really is. Thank You @Scott carbo I was beginning to think I was going crazy. SERVICE, that is what it is about.

Ron Neal

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Out of curiosity how many chips are required to build a Maverick? Just looking for a ball park number since I know some options require more chips.

Davis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
You should send the communications manager Mike Levine a message or just go look at his twitter. I think that will explain a lot.. make sure you STAY PUMPED!

Sponsored

starquestbd22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
YES, there are others who see it as it really is. Thank You @Scott carbo I was beginning to think I was going crazy. SERVICE, that is what it is about.

Serious question here guys. Not arguing or throwing punches. What exactly is it that we are wanting from Ford in this communication? If your dealer is worth their salt, Ford is notifying you when your order is confirmed, when it’s scheduled, when it’s in production, when it’s built and shipped, and when it arrives at your dealer. The only thing I think Ford could offer that might help is a set timeline as to when to expect our vehicle. It would be great if they could say okay, you’ve ordered…your vehicle is guaranteed ready by this date. That’d be awesome but in today’s climate, you’re not going to get that from any mainstream manufacturer.

Ford is releasing info through the media and their dealer network even if it may not be as detailed, complete, or often as some of us would like. For example, I believe Ford has publicly acknowledged that the first production runs are going to be primarily Ecoboosts. I don’t know that they’ve said exactly why or when they expect that to change. That would be great info to have but I’d guess that some of those answers are unknown even to Ford right now.

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Insight, E350, Toyota Sequoia
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This exactly - if there were going to be chip shortages with the Maverick, there would have been zero point in announcing, stating fall deliveries, and allowing for reservations and orders from dealers. Unlike the Bronco, and other existing models, they had full opportunity to make final adjustments to the Maverick so they could announce, schedule and build in the middle of a pandemic induced chip shortage.

PLEASE TAKE THIS IN THE CONTEXT THAT I AM NOT ATTACKING YOU!!

I use to work for the Fisher Body Div of GM years ago and have never owned a Ford product in my life. I have owned Hillman(English), AMX, Lotus, MGB's, Plymouth Duster, Audi, Fiero's, Pontiac GrandAm, Odyssey, Saturn's, Suburban, Sequoia,

All this planning for a new build was started prior to the pandemic. No one can predict the future, the production of chips included. We all have every right to go buy another vehicle or a used car that already has a chip in it. Why aren't people here, on the forum sites of GM, Chrysler (Stellantis), Hyundai etc. because they are all having the same issue, a shortage of chips and other commodities. WE seem to have lost our patience with everything.

So, Maybe they, Ford, should just shut everything down and wait. Send everybody home and have them collect unemployment checks.

All this was put into motion months ago. They, Ford,are steering a large vessel while you and I are only steering a small paddle boat. They are a $140 Billion company that is investing $27 Billion into electric cars. They also want to dominate the truck market(which is their strength). That ship takes a long time to change direction. Each decision affects many people on that ship which numbers over 180,000. Yes, dollars in sales support that ship, but you still can not get what is not available and its unavailability was not predictable.

Contracts already signed and being implemented by the Advertising Agencies and vendors and then the demand surpasses your expectations...and people don't want to go back to work because they can make more being unemployed, and not pay rent because of government policies.

We need to look at the total environment rather than concentrating on what may affect us personally. Given that we have the freedom to buy another vehicle, FOMOCO is not responsible for my happiness or ANYONE'S. If anyone is not happy with this aspect of the marriage they can either work their way through it, or get a divorce. I understand the passion for this product and I want to be a part of it so I will wait. My wait time is longer than most I bet because I did not hear about the Maverick until late July. I initially ordered 2.0 EB w/4K towing. (So I know disappointment). WE can't always get what we want and I have to get another truck to tow, but I WILL NOT RELINQUISH MY MAVERICK SPOT. I think this vehicle is that important in so many ways.

The ship is plowing through the rough water. They want to deliver more than any of us wish to take delivery because they want to dominate the truck and stock market. The more vehicles seen drives future sales. Did they fumble the ball, NO! they are still moving toward to goal line.

Maybe I should be encouraging all that are disappointed to jump ship; that would push me towards the front of the line. Just hang in there because when the dealer calls you and says your truck is in, all this disappointment will be washed away and you will say it was worth the wait.

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All this planning for a new build was started prior to the pandemic. No one can predict the future, the production of chips included.
Humbly disagree. They may have started planning pre-COVID but the chip shortage was well known BEFORE they announced and opened the ordering on 8 June of 2021. COVID was already over a year old so I don't think you can blame COVID on this failure to communicate.

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You should send the communications manager Mike Levine a message or just go look at his twitter. I think that will explain a lot.. make sure you STAY PUMPED!
Sorry, I don't do Twitter or any social media.

casanewt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 KIA Sportage X-Line Prestige PHEV
Engine
Undecided
The positive news here is that the Hermosillo plant is really cranking out Bronco Sports and no doubt will soon get the production numbers up on our trucks. The fact that more Bronco Sports have been produced than Rangers or Escapes is rather eye opening.
Sponsored