pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thought I'd post something about this! I found an inexpensive bracket on Amazon - currently $25 (others that are probably the exact same thing are $40+). I'm going to try it on my FX4 Ranger to see if it fits - says it is for the Raptor. Seems like a simple solution for anyone that doesn't want to have their bumper drilled!

Front Tow Hook License Plate Mount
Sponsored

22Mav

Banned
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT/Lariat.. Undecided still :O
That will work on a Ranger or F150 but not the Maverick, at least not on the actual tow hook locations.

The F150 and Ranger have the bolts to attach their two hooks running vertically (up into the frame), the Maverick has them horizontally into the sub-frame. Here's the best image I can find of the Maverick/Bronco Sport Tow Hooks.
Ford Maverick License Plate Mount - FX4 Tow Hook Option 1630677804389

Ford Maverick License Plate Mount - FX4 Tow Hook Option 1630677976627

You can see, they bolt in horizontally to the vehicle, not vertically like on your Ranger. (Bronco Sport pictured, same concept on the Maverick)

Full image:
Ford Maverick License Plate Mount - FX4 Tow Hook Option 1630678034698

Of course you can always mount the bracket you shared anywhere else that you'd like, doesn't have to be a tow hook spot as intended. I'd still like to get some kind of bracket like you pictured, I definitely don't want holes in the plastic bumper cover if I can avoid them.

22Mav

Banned
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Actually looking at that bracket, it probably won't work on your Ranger either. It looks to be made to bolt up where the skid plate is, not the tow hooks. Which on the F150, you need special brackets to fit that Raptor skid plate on a non-Raptor, not sure how the skid plate looks on the Ranger.

Ford Maverick License Plate Mount - FX4 Tow Hook Option 1630678298006

These are the brackets you'd need to bolt that license plate mount to your actual tow hook locations on an F150. Of course you'd only need one for just the license plate bracket.
Ford Maverick License Plate Mount - FX4 Tow Hook Option 1630678380470

22Mav

Banned
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks like Ranger only has one bolt each side on skid plate, whereas the Raptor has two like the bracket you pictured.
Ford Maverick License Plate Mount - FX4 Tow Hook Option 1630678485286

Sponsored

OP
OP
pxpaulx

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
OP
OP
pxpaulx

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That will work on a Ranger or F150 but not the Maverick, at least not on the actual tow hook locations.

The F150 and Ranger have the bolts to attach their two hooks running vertically (up into the frame), the Maverick has them horizontally into the sub-frame. Here's the best image I can find of the Maverick/Bronco Sport Tow Hooks.
1630677804389.png

1630677976627.png

You can see, they bolt in horizontally to the vehicle, not vertically like on your Ranger. (Bronco Sport pictured, same concept on the Maverick)

Full image:
1630678034698.png

Of course you can always mount the bracket you shared anywhere else that you'd like, doesn't have to be a tow hook spot as intended. I'd still like to get some kind of bracket like you pictured, I definitely don't want holes in the plastic bumper cover if I can avoid them.
Actually looking at that bracket, it probably won't work on your Ranger either. It looks to be made to bolt up where the skid plate is, not the tow hooks. Which on the F150, you need special brackets to fit that Raptor skid plate on a non-Raptor, not sure how the skid plate looks on the Ranger.

1630678298006.png

These are the brackets you'd need to bolt that license plate mount to your actual tow hook locations on an F150. Of course you'd only need one for just the license plate bracket.
1630678380470.png
I think you are missing how the bracket I linked to works? You use the bolts through the tow hook itself, bolting two plates through the hook on the outside of the hook.

Anyway since it was Amazon and I could return them, I went ahead and bought them. They work as expected in my ranger, and I think they will probably work on the maverick too. Might be a slightly tighter fit given the hooks on the fx4 are a little recessed, but if the money I'm going to keep the bracket and give it a try!

Posting pics of it on my ranger in a minute...

OP
OP
pxpaulx

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
@pxpaulx Looks great! that's exactly what I'm looking for.

Thanks for being the guinea pig!
Absolutely! My order updated to in production today (yay!) - I emailed Granger to ask them not to mount the front license plate holder for me - I'll be trying this mount day 1, will make sure to come back and update with the results!

Sponsored

H0pelessOpus

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat - 2022 Explorer Timberline
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Absolutely! My order updated to in production today (yay!) - I emailed Granger to ask them not to mount the front license plate holder for me - I'll be trying this mount day 1, will make sure to come back and update with the results!
Congrats! We ordered from Granger as well and our truck is scheduled for production in about a month.

I was thinking of mounting it on the passenger side to match the rear off-center license plate.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Chevy Cruze
Thanks for this, I knew I could either build or buy a solution for this. I wanted to make my front and back both off-center to match, and to preserve my front bumper.

OP
OP
pxpaulx

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ta-da!

Ok, so this does work technically. Well enough that I am going to stick with when I get my plates in a few weeks.

The Maverick hooks are different from the ranger, in that the hook is open ended. however, it curls in on the open side more than enough for me to be comfortable using the linked mount from my original post.

Also unlike on the ranger hooks, the hooks are too recessed for the plate to display square to the truck, however it is only at a slight angle. Not enough for me to think it will look odd one mounted.

Ford Maverick License Plate Mount - FX4 Tow Hook Option IMG_20211009_162818
Ford Maverick License Plate Mount - FX4 Tow Hook Option IMG_20211009_162823
Ford Maverick License Plate Mount - FX4 Tow Hook Option IMG_20211009_162831
Ford Maverick License Plate Mount - FX4 Tow Hook Option IMG_20211009_162838

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Congrats! We ordered from Granger as well and our truck is scheduled for production in about a month.

I was thinking of mounting it on the passenger side to match the rear off-center license plate.
OK, if the rear is mounted on the right when I look at it shouldn't the front plate also be on the right when I look at it to match?
Sponsored