Hizzy8122

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just received my kit today and tested the struts. One takes rought 38-40lbs of force to compress and the other is closer to 50. You can feel a difference between the two struts, however, without a Maverick to mount them on I don't know if this difference is enough to cause an issue like other's have described here. Please advise. Thanks
My struts just came in today. Planning on installing them tonight and will let you know.
Sponsored

Evil2ltr

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Alto Blue Maverick XLT AWD
Picked up a set today in person...nice meeting you guys,

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My struts just came in today. Planning on installing them tonight and will let you know.
How did your installation go? Any issues?

Egz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid Lariat, 1967 Fairlady
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just installed mine myself today. Easy install. Hardest part was remembering to pick up the removed bolt I left on the radiator cowl before driving off.

Egz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid Lariat, 1967 Fairlady
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Welp, my hood release is now broken. Worked just fine before, went to pop it this morning, the second release had a lot of tension, and then popped. I pulled the interior trim, and its not at the handle.

Ugh

Sponsored

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Welp, my hood release is now broken. Worked just fine before, went to pop it this morning, the second release had a lot of tension, and then popped. I pulled the interior trim, and its not at the handle.

Ugh
Please post when you find the cause of the problem!

OP
OP
MRTperformance

MRTperformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ShopMRT.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
Undecided

Ugh
pm'd

Reactions: Egz

1stE

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
muscle car
Just when I thought I would never mod my pickup
i gotta get these

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
Just when I thought I would never mod my pickup
i gotta get these
You should man they are the best! I've had them on my Mav for over 7 months and they are awesome. Even the techs at the dealer commented on how nice they looked and how it made under hood service easier.

Just make sure you follow the installation instructions to the letter and you should be good.

Last edited:
Sponsored

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
Last edited:

robekert

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Velocity Blue 2.0 EcoBoost AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I installed my hood struts in January Or February. Had problems from the start with the hood latch not fully releasing. Figured it was just a break in period. Washed my truck last night. Wanted to lift the hood to dry all the soap and water from around the engine compartment. 2nd pull on the hood release handle and it appears the hood release cable came out of the handle. I have always had a problem getting the hood to fully release. Always took a few tries. I guess you can put me in the category of people that installed the product and have trouble getting the hood to release.

OP
OP
MRTperformance

MRTperformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ShopMRT.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
Undecided
I installed my hood struts in January Or February. Had problems from the start with the hood latch not fully releasing. Figured it was just a break in period. Washed my truck last night. Wanted to lift the hood to dry all the soap and water from around the engine compartment. 2nd pull on the hood release handle and it appears the hood release cable came out of the handle. I have always had a problem getting the hood to fully release. Always took a few tries. I guess you can put me in the category of people that installed the product and have trouble getting the hood to release.
I am sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue. Our customer service team will be emailing you today to correct the situation.

Working with some of Maverick owners we have found a few hints and tricks that have corrected the hood opening issue for them. We included these tips in the video below.

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue. Our customer service team will be emailing you today to correct the situation.

Working with some of Maverick owners we have found a few hints and tricks that have corrected the hood opening issue for them. We included these tips in the video below.

I didn't see any tips about opening the hood. Is there something I missed?

OP
OP
MRTperformance

MRTperformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ShopMRT.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
Undecided
I didn't see any tips about opening the hood. Is there something I missed?

Sorry for any confusion. What I meant is there are a couple tips and tricks in the video regarding installation. The main tip I want to emphasize is making sure the fender bracket is completely flush with mounting point on the fender after it has been tightened down. We have found that when tightening down the bracket it can sometimes start to angle down and not stay flush with the fender mounting point.

It is a good idea to look under the newly installed bracket to make sure it is still flush and has completely cleared the OEM bolt that it is installed over.

Ford Maverick MRT Performance 2022+ Ford Maverick No Drill Hood Struts fender

Ford Maverick MRT Performance 2022+ Ford Maverick No Drill Hood Struts fender bad

If the bracket is not in the proper position it will affect the hood and can cause the double latch to stick.
Sponsored