First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I originally ordered the Impact Mat from Bed Rug, but after two shipping delay notices decided to cancel it. Was going to go with the stall mat, but man did those things reek! So after looking around the store I went with the 1/4” rolled mat from TSC. I’ll be doing a spray-in and figured I’d use it as a little extra cushion once done.

Ford Maverick DIY Bed Mat made from a Horse Stall Mat A00FAAD0-9450-4AD3-A6D3-D53E681893CC
Ford Maverick DIY Bed Mat made from a Horse Stall Mat 70F8EEE0-4DF6-411C-B8CF-B50FA15952B9

Ford Maverick DIY Bed Mat made from a Horse Stall Mat 59EFF988-B53A-4D8A-AE51-A81FEE607BC1

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, AWD, 4K tow, 2.0L EcoBoost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Here is my truck bed done with a 4 x 6 horse stall mat bought at tractor supply.
Total cost ~$60 including the automotive fasteners used to hold it in place.

Ford Maverick DIY Bed Mat made from a Horse Stall Mat bed1

abcinv

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Tundra DBL Cab Limited 4WD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I originally ordered the Impact Mat from Bed Rug, but after two shipping delay notices decided to cancel it. Was going to go with the stall mat, but man did those things reek! So after looking around the store I went with the 1/4” rolled mat from TSC. I’ll be doing a spray-in and figured I’d use it as a little extra cushion once done.

A00FAAD0-9450-4AD3-A6D3-D53E681893CC.jpeg
70F8EEE0-4DF6-411C-B8CF-B50FA15952B9.jpeg

59EFF988-B53A-4D8A-AE51-A81FEE607BC1.jpeg
Is that a Costco tub by chance?

BeardedK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is that a Costco tub by chance?
Not 100% sure, but it’s either Costco or Sams. I bought a bunch when they had them in a couple of years ago.

I use that one for fragile/small items, been working well so far.

Sponsored

Tuner_Obsession

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JDM Fairlady Z TT (300zx), 350z, Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Horse stall mat is definitely the way to go. Picked one up for 50 bucks from Tractor Supply, made a cardboard template, and cut it with a utility knife. Hopefully it'll off gas enough that the smell will die down. Thanks for the idea.

Ford Maverick DIY Bed Mat made from a Horse Stall Mat 20220216_110310

Ford Maverick DIY Bed Mat made from a Horse Stall Mat 20220216_112325

Ford Maverick DIY Bed Mat made from a Horse Stall Mat 20220216_112345

Greenbean

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma, UZJ-100
Appreciate you all doing this and showing the details,

I’m actually hoping to do something like this in the back of an SUV. Now the smell might have me looking for something else however it can be soaked with citrus cleaner and then scrubbed in the sun.

Other option would be the “universal” bed rug that BedRug sells now but the stall mat is half the price to begin with!

abcinv

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Tundra DBL Cab Limited 4WD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I bought one of these to use in my gym and the odor was pretty strong. I read the following online and it worked pretty well.

I initially wet the mat and left it on the driveway for eight days, flipping it every two days (the last two days was propped on it's side). I then scrubbed it using dish washing liquid (heavy soap concentrate, maybe 70/30 soap to water) and pressure washed it clean. I again left it propped on it's side outside for a few more days. I still hade a little odor for a couple of days but it did go away within the first week of being in the basement.

All said with this being in the sun or under a bed cover in the heat the smell could last a bit longer; I'm unsure of this...

kcamp317

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Ford Escape Titanium Hybrid 16 Ford Escape SE
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thats a great/clean look I think.

Before my dad retired from a career at a power plant he would sometimes bring home some rolls of used coal conveyor belt after they'd replace them to use on our property when I was young. They would either give them away or probably somehow recycle or trash them. The huge conveyors that would carry the coal up from the barges to the storage areas. That was a thick rubber about 5 feet wide or so. Very heavy. We used that for bed mats, barn/shed floors to park mowers and tractors on, etc. Kinda similar to this idea. I remember a decent roll of it would weigh down our trailer pretty hard and we needed to use the tractor bucket and chains to lift it out and work with it so we could cut it up into manageable size pieces.

spexmaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid XLT Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
As much as I love the quality of workmanship that went into these projects, I simply do not have the time for all that work. To me, the $140 was worth the convenience. As I become older, I just do not want to mess with things. I'd probably spend 3 or 4 hours on this project, next thing you know I have a $300 to $400 mat :eek:

jayrx7trbo2

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 fx4 maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
As a horse owner I knew this would be a good option. Though i am also considering wash stall mats, for better drainage. They call them anti-fatigue, but we use them in the horse wash stall for good traction.

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/anti-fatigue-interlocking-mat?cm_vc=-10005

Here's links to the solid stall mats TSC has:

4' x 6' x 3/4 inch thick: https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/4-ft-x-6-ft-x-3-4-in-thick-rubber-stall-mat?cm_vc=-10005

3' x 4' x 1/2 inch thick: https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/utility-rubber-mat-black-4-ft-x-3-ft-x--frac12-in
THANK YOU, i noticed theses store are local for me.. perfect option for bed liner until i can afford spray in, harbor freight also had the anti-fatigue 24in floor squares that link together, was thinking of those as well.. now i have more options :)
Sponsored