Sponsored

MarkF

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury Milan
Thanks for posting this about The Standard (non-Lux) "XLT" trim does provide Rear Seat Arm Rest w/ cup holders in the Rear Seat. I read this but I kind not believe it until you post it.

This has me confused. If memory serves, when the Build Site and the original Ordering Guide first showed up, it said that the XLT had the rear armrest and cupholders. But then over the last few weeks when I have built a no-frills XLT model...the armrest doesn't appear unless I add the XLT Luxury Package. But then this new Ordering Guide says that the rear armrest is back...but the Build Site still shows that the Luxury Package is necessary on the XLT to get that feature.

I sure hope that Ford makes the rear armrest a standard feature on the XLT. That is one of those things in a car that I just have to have. I feel really weird without it and it just screams "cheap" to me. Over the last year or so Ford has taken away the standard rear armrest on the volume models (SE and Big Bend) for the Escape and the Bronco Sport...and I think that is a big mistake. That is one of those features that is really disappointing to see missing.
Sponsored

doug2104

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This has me confused. If memory serves, when the Build Site and the original Ordering Guide first showed up, it said that the XLT had the rear armrest and cupholders. But then over the last few weeks when I have built a no-frills XLT model...the armrest doesn't appear unless I add the XLT Luxury Package. But then this new Ordering Guide says that the rear armrest is back...but the Build Site still shows that the Luxury Package is necessary on the XLT to get that feature.

I sure hope that Ford makes the rear armrest a standard feature on the XLT. That is one of those things in a car that I just have to have. I feel really weird without it and it just screams "cheap" to me. Over the last year or so Ford has taken away the standard rear armrest on the volume models (SE and Big Bend) for the Escape and the Bronco Sport...and I think that is a big mistake. That is one of those features that is really disappointing to see missing.
Mark I just heard on youtube from Tim at Long McArthur Ford that the rear seat armrest w/cupholders are standard for the XLT trim. The video was made today. Man that great news our prayers been answered. I can post you a link if you need it.:)(y)

MarkF

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury Milan
Mark I just heard on youtube from Tim at Long McArthur Ford that the rear seat armrest w/cupholders are standard for the XLT trim. The video was made today. Man that great news our prayers been answered. I can post you a link if you need it.:)(y)

Thanks! Please do. :)

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
How does one add the 6.5 inch productivity screen to the XLT if looking for the tow package ? FX4 is redundant except adds this...Can you add both ?

Sponsored

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
And still no Navigation option?
Do you have an iPhone or Android phone? You can use Apple Maps using CarPlay or Google Maps using Android Auto it’s easy and better than any factory system I’ve ever seen.

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
Do you have an iPhone or Android phone? You can use Apple Maps using CarPlay or Google Maps using Android Auto it’s easy and better than any factory system I’ve ever seen.
Using Apple CarPlay, where does the map show up, on the vehicle monitor or on the iPhone?

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Using Apple CarPlay, where does the map show up, on the vehicle monitor or on the iPhone?
On the 8” center screen

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On the 8” center screen
THANKS, I didn't know that. I was wondering how I was going to navigate. I was going to dust the old Garmin off and suction cup it somewhere on the dash. Now I have options. Appreciate you Mark.

Sponsored

ttthhasdf

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
THANKS, I didn't know that. I was wondering how I was going to navigate. I was going to dust the old Garmin off and suction cup it somewhere on the dash. Now I have options. Appreciate you Mark.
This may or may not be important to you. You can "stream" music to the car with bluetooth, but to use carplay to show the map on your screen you either need to have your phone plugged in to one of the usb slots with a cable OR buy a third-party wireless unit that plugs into one of the usb slots.

adawalli

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer Platinum, 2010 Toyota Prius 3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No built in nav, just through the phone with android auto (google maps, waze, etc) or apple carplay. This is the same on all trim.
Personally, that doesn't bother me a bit since google maps is always going to be better than stock nav but I'm sure it will upset some folks

ttthhasdf

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Personally, that doesn't bother me a bit since google maps is always going to be better than stock nav but I'm sure it will upset some folks
I agree with you. My wife has had a couple of cars with built in nav but I always used android auto instead. Google maps, and also waze, is much better at picking up real time what is happening on other people's phones and changing the plan on the fly -
"there is a traffic mess up there so get off here real quick and we'll go this other way." I feel like waze is better than google maps for telling me there's a cop up there though. Overall I use google maps most of the time.

I was sad that it was synch 3 instead of 4 because the android auto won't be wireless. I ordered a dangle thing that was recommended on reddit for $75 to make it wireless.

https://www.cpeb.it/

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I agree with you. My wife has had a couple of cars with built in nav but I always used android auto instead. Google maps, and also waze, is much better at picking up real time what is happening on other people's phones and changing the plan on the fly -
"there is a traffic mess up there so get off here real quick and we'll go this other way." I feel like waze is better than google maps for telling me there's a cop up there though. Overall I use google maps most of the time.

I was sad that it was synch 3 instead of 4 because the android auto won't be wireless. I ordered a dangle thing that was recommended on reddit for $75 to make it wireless.

https://www.cpeb.it/
Is there a similar type device for iPhone (Apple)?

Bbot

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL
Yes but you will still need to connect the cable every time to use, I wonder if that will confuse the wireless charger?
Sponsored