EcoBoost Maverick, really ?

Fish Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius LE, Ford F150
Don't get me wrong, I'm all for more power, and the double the towing is awesome...
But id just think that mileage would be more important for most folks.
I'm hearing that the 2.0 ECO boost will likely get somewhere around 26mpg, which impo, is about as terrible as I'd expect from a small ICE truck.

I would have guessed (before coming to this forum) Ford would sell 10 to 1 of the 2.5L hybrids to the 2.0 ECO boost, but apparently not

From a personal standpoint, if I had to stick to an ICE truck, I'd just stick with my F150. That truck is my baby, I can just barely afford to drive it šŸ˜Ÿ
Sponsored

Zepper

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Cayman S, Maverick XLT (Alto Blue), Altrak
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Where do all of these '26 mpg isn't enough' weirdos come out of the woodwork from??

I have a transit connect van that gets like 26 mpg combined from a prehistoric 2L 4 cyl non turbo with a 4 speed. The Mav is double the horsepower of my transit and WAYYYY more fun to drive (i imagine) for the same mpg.

Y'all are crazy if you think 26 mpg isn't good enough.

CLH917

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Okay letā€™s say the magic number does end up being 26mpg. Thatā€™s better than basically anything in the truck world. Plus all the added benefits the Maverick comes with (fits in a garage, easy to park, seats 5, etc.) I think 26mpg with all of its other benefits is great.

SilverWind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 hyundai tuscon ordered xlt maverick
I'm very confused as well. For a regular gasoline engine 26mpg is a very respectable number, especially for AWD. I currently drive a 2018 Tucson and I get about 28 on a good day with mostly highway driving. But it only has 1k lbs towing capacity and a lot less hp and torque than the Maverick does. 26mpg in any truck is a good deal in my opinion.

I think a fair bit of it may be too that the hybrid only comes in fwd and a lot of people (myself included) prefer awd because of snow and ice. Honestly if the hybrid came in awd I would have gotten that but instead went for the 2.0 with the 4k towing package just in case I ever do need to tow something that heavy.

Sponsored

CLH917

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Also, if so many people are appalled by this possible 26mpg number...Tell me what other options on the market offer 26mpg, 4,000lbs of towing capacity, AWD and a price around 26-27k.

OP
OP

Fish Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius LE, Ford F150
Just mpo, but 26mpg is cr@p. Oh sure, it's okay compared other trucks.... But trucks just get terrible mileage. I hear that for my F150 to get 18-19 mpg's is really good... But it doesn't feel that way when I'm putting $100 in it, to fill it. My old Toyota Tacoma used to get about 22... That was lousy too.

Great mileage is 53 mpg, like in my Prius. I'm okay with 40 mpg in a little truck though.

CLH917

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just mpo, but 26mpg is cr@p. Oh sure, it's okay compared other trucks.... But trucks just get terrible mileage. I hear that for my F150 to get 18-19 mpg's is really good... But it doesn't feel that way when I'm putting $100 in it, to fill it. My old Toyota Tacoma used to get about 22... That was lousy too.

Great mileage is 53 mpg, like in my Prius. I'm okay with 40 mpg in a little truck though.
I mean, we're comparing it to other trucks because it's kind of, you know, a truck (albeit, not fully).

Ringo

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1953 MGTD, 1953 F100, 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
26 mpg is old VW Beetle mileage! I havenā€™t seen that since my 74 Toyota. Iā€™ll be very happy with 26. VERY happy šŸ˜Š

Sponsored

Zepper

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Cayman S, Maverick XLT (Alto Blue), Altrak
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Lets oh say put 1426lbs on top of your Prius and then hitch it up to a 4000lb camper and see what mpg's you get my dude.

CASD57

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz
Engine
Undecided
I've said this before.... My truck in my signature just got 13.2mpg on a fill-up.........26 would be a miracle .....
Also, my Wifes Buick Envision is about the same weight as the Maverick it's AWD with a 2.0 Turbo rated at 250hp and it's a rocket!! it just got 28mpg on a Mountain two lane road trip going 35-60 passing cars etc.., Again it's a fun fast AWD SUV, and if the Maverick 2.0 AWD is like that they will sell a lot.
Another Again:) ..... 26 mpg avg is a respectable Mpg... I'm hoping for 21-22 all city driving

Art_Vandelay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid Lariat, Subaru WRX
Iā€™m an also not impressed by 26mpg to be honest. Itā€™s not terrible but itā€™s far from impressive. My f150 gets 20mpg. I personally wouldnā€™t downsize for that kind of fuel savings. I would be giving up the ride height, ride comfort, cabin space, high residual value and a significant amount of capability to see a relatively small savings in fuel. What makes the maverick worth downsizing from my f150 is the hybrid drivetrain delivering substantial fuel efficiency gains over my current full sized truck. The smaller size will be a bonus at times but the maverick is still barely going to fit in my garage. That drivetrain and fuel savings is what is truly making it worth giving up all of those positives that come with a full sized truck.

ps. You know how I really know that 26mpg isnā€™t that impressive? If it was, Ford would be screaming it from the rooftops.

vengo97

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta, Jeep Grand Cherokee
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Lets oh say put 1426lbs on top of your Prius and then hitch it up to a 4000lb camper and see what mpg's you get my dude.
I highly doubt this will make 26mpg, full loaded down and towing 4K, but I'm still ok with that # for normal everyday driving