OP

Fish Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius LE, Ford F150
And you won’t look emasculated driving a Mav…

Meanwhile, the Prius I can’t say the same! 😆
As far as Priuses go, I don't think the Gen 4's look too bad. Pretty funny how many people hop into my Prius, and the first they they say is, "Wow ! This is a Prius" ?!?! And as far as being emasculated, pulling up beside a Maverick in my F150 (especially with the "masculine" styling of my F150) you might still be a little emasculated in a Maverick :) lol I'm certainly not wanting to buy a Maverick to look cool. Or else Id just stick to my F150... which I can barely afford to drive.
Sponsored

TruckGuySC

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
As far as Priuses go, I don't think the Gen 4's look too bad. Pretty funny how many people hop into my Prius, and the first they they say is, "Wow ! This is a Prius" ?!?! And as far as being emasculated, pulling up beside a Maverick in my F150 (especially with the "masculine" styling of my F150) you might still be a little emasculated in a Maverick :) lol I'm certainly not wanting to buy a Maverick to look cool. Or else Id just stick to my F150... which I can barely afford to drive.
A Mav Lariat X4 actually does look pretty cool.. I’m waiting for the more capable off-road version.

Prius’s always have and still do look like those tiny Shriner Clown Cars! 😆

They’re also usually driven by certain insufferable types trying to virtue-signal w their car! 😆
Ford Maverick EcoBoost Maverick, really ? 1627931502228

Last edited:

TruckGuySC

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
The Prius hate reminds me of the old Simpson's scene when Homer catches up to Flander's Geo.

Flander's wife: "Come on Ned, move this thing!"
Flanders: "I can't! It's a Geo!"
:ROFLMAO:

My brother-in-law drove a Geo and an F250. The Geo was for daily commutes. Smart man!

😆😆😆
The Geo never earned its own bumper sticker like the Prius! 😆

Prius’s are also driven by certain insufferables trying to virtue-signal w their car. 😆😆😆
Ford Maverick EcoBoost Maverick, really ? 1627931726648

OP
OP

Fish Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius LE, Ford F150
I just feel like a Prius is the real "smart car" (Smart cars are actually quite dumb .... Way less space, only 2 passengers, and don't get as good of mileage as a Prius)
The Gen 4's also handle well, and if you need it, great get up and go in the power mode (although I rarely use that... Except maybe on hills with 3 or 4 passengers and/or luggage)

I do think the Maverick looks better... But I care more about the 40mpg's. If it were only to look cool, I'd stick with my F150.... And then, if $$$ were no object, I'd get a 2022 F350, super crew, 4 wd, dually.... Or a new Raptor, and no matter what, it would change to have a strong SQL stereo system 😉

Sponsored

Coachman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm very confused as well. For a regular gasoline engine 26mpg is a very respectable number, especially for AWD. I currently drive a 2018 Tucson and I get about 28 on a good day with mostly highway driving. But it only has 1k lbs towing capacity and a lot less hp and torque than the Maverick does. 26mpg in any truck is a good deal in my opinion.

I think a fair bit of it may be too that the hybrid only comes in fwd and a lot of people (myself included) prefer awd because of snow and ice. Honestly if the hybrid came in awd I would have gotten that but instead went for the 2.0 with the 4k towing package just in case I ever do need to tow something that heavy.
I agree that 26 mpg would be great if that's the real number. My 2004 Caddy Deville gets around 15 mpg, and it's not 4 whl drive like the Mav I have ordered. I'd be loving 26 mpg! 😁

Unlikely_Username

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
😆😆😆
The Geo never earned its own bumper sticker like the Prius! 😆

Prius’s are also driven by certain insufferables trying to virtue-signal w their car. 😆😆😆
1627931726648.png
In case anyone else was curious what those bumper stickers actually say...

Ford Maverick EcoBoost Maverick, really ? bumper-stickers-in-the-us-who-what-where-and-why-118970_1

SoupFiend

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Ford ranger, 09 Honda civic
but you still don't get the 4k towing or AWD with Hybrid- which tilts the scales back the other way. Gas savings are so miniscule as to be irrelevant in this purchase equation. I think overall hybrid ownership is more about virtue signaling (hey! look at me- I'm saving the planet!) than a well thought out purchase based on how many of your needs AND wants are satisfied in the vehicle you are purchasing.
Gas in my state is currently $4.50/gal. The savings is not miniscule. I honestly don't care about what's better for the environment, I need a vehicle that I can afford the gas for. I think it's pretty ignorant to assume people are virtue signaling becaue they are buying a hybrid.

That being said, even if the Maverick only had the EcoBoost option, I still would have bought it. I currently have an 08 Ranger with the 4 clyinder (manual) and it gets about 25mpg

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HCH2, Hybrid XLT on order
Gas in my state is currently $4.50/gal. The savings is not miniscule. I honestly don't care about what's better for the environment, I need a vehicle that I can afford the gas for. I think it's pretty ignorant to assume people are virtue signaling becaue they are buying a hybrid.

That being said, even if the Maverick only had the EcoBoost option, I still would have bought it. I currently have an 08 Ranger with the 4 clyinder (manual) and it gets about 25mpg
I need a bumper sticker that says Don’t follow to closely, fire as you pass over the target. Or lead left.

I would not mind seeing a probe converted to electric with the motors in the wheels and a battery/sled configuration.
Sponsored