snowcatxx87

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1290SDR EVO / Tiger 900RP / 300cc Grom / Surron
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Waiting patiently for the step by step video to appear somewhere with just the button swap.
Why don't you be the one to make it?
Sponsored

jfadams78

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
I've never used forscan before this, I bought the obdlink ex that they recommend after using 2 cheaper ones that sucked.
Ok im gonna grab one and give this a shot when my bronco wheel comes in. Thanks again for all this.

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MachE, MachE, Explorer, C10
Engine
Undecided
Last edited:

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
They sell replacement steering wheel switches. In theory you should be able to replace the switch assembly on the right side (where cruise is located). I believe it is around $90 per assembly BUT I don't know if it will be a "plug and play" application meaning that you simply switch the two out and then use ForScan to enable.

I can't imagine the connections are different.
Hopefully it's not like my Lincoln Mark LT (Ford F150). I had to disassemble the whole steering wheel and pull the airbag out in order to replace the cruise control housing. What an unnecessary pain. I didn't have to pull the whole steering wheel, but it was torn all the way down to where that was the only step remaining.

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hopefully it's not like my Lincoln Mark LT (Ford F150). I had to disassemble the whole steering wheel and pull the airbag out in order to replace the cruise control housing. What an unnecessary pain. I didn't have to pull the whole steering wheel, but it was torn all the way down to where that was the only step remaining.
Damn if I am going to do all of that I might as well buy the leather wrapped wheel.

Sponsored

Rivers90

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Tremor, Xterra, Miata
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

You don't like the blue jean material with neon orange trim? LOL

Neither do any of the XLT owners but they will NEVER admit it.

If you get cyber orange paint the orange trim inside works out well.

propp2531

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX-4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yeah I would happily pay $500 for one I know that comes directly from Ford, is leather wrapped, switches for CC, and I can safely swap my airbag.

Would knock out 2 of the biggest short comings of the Maverick for me and my total build price would be $24,075 and I avoided the garish orange and blue accents.

I've ordered the cable to enable all the GOAT modes in my Bronco and disable the seatbelt chime and obnoxious double horn honk if you walk away from the vehicle with the key fob in your pocket.

https://parts.lakelandford.com/p/Fo...-ASSEMBLY---STEERING/98558312/M1PZ3600KA.html

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Last edited:

James L. Harrison

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariot
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That looks like the exact same steering wheel that is in my Area 51 XLT (which has cruise control), so that wheel being an exact fit is not surprising.
Does that mean you can order an XLT steering wheel and have cruse control work?

Thanks,
James L. Harrison

Sponsored

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, VB, 2.0 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Does that mean you can order an XLT steering wheel and have cruse control work?

Thanks,
James L. Harrison
Actually, that makes a lot of sense especially if not looking adaptive cruise. Hope to get an answer to your question.

sacker12

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Joseaoe1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT 2.0 4K VB, 2022 RAV4 Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Agreed that it definitely could be added as an option, but doing so would increase the base price (or a HUGE margin on the option) because of the losses on margins of the XLT upgrades.
Well I am sure ford had their best and brightest running scenarios but never believed someone would hack. IMHO they could have found other meaningful upgrades to differentiate xl vs xlt and offered the cruise as an option. Refinement and portability of this hack may shake things up at ford corporate. Would not surprise me if they now offer the option for xl at a higher price to make up for impact on margins. Intriguing for sure.

brnpttmn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well I am sure ford had their best and brightest running scenarios but never believed someone would hack. IMHO they could have found other meaningful upgrades to differentiate xl vs xlt and offered the cruise as an option. Refinement and portability of this hack may shake things up at ford corporate. Would not surprise me if they now offer the option for xl at a higher price to make up for impact on margins. Intriguing for sure.
Ford may well add CC as an option on the MY23 XL, but there is no way that the people at Ford didn't expect some people to hack together CC. They just know the numbers will be so relatively small that they're sure it won't have a noticeable impact on the bottom line. Especially a hack like this that involves buying an OEM part that's probably a higher margin than they would have made offering CC in the first place.

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That would likely be a much more extensive upgrade, assuming that it is possible.
Click the link of the one I linked - it does not have ACC. The one previously linked did.

I'll just wait until Lakeland has Maverick wheels to buy. They already have 21 Bronco wheels so it comes quickly.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.