First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer Platinum, 2010 Toyota Prius 3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've seen a bunch of pictures of the lariat FX4 but none of the hybrid dash. I'm curious if they're going to keep the needle for the hybrid indicator as well which really is not my preference but whatever
Sponsored

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
That would be nice to see. I've seen the Toyota Avalon and now the Lexus ES300h. Even though they are both made by Toyota, the dashboard and how Hybrid info presented is completely different.

Interested to see it through Ford's eyes.

thosw

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is the only closeup picture that I’ve seen of the hybrid display.

Ford Maverick Any dash pictures of Lariat hybrid? 8670D9D7-AEDE-40B5-9505-233B3153C3C0

Art_Vandelay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid Lariat, Subaru WRX
I've seen a bunch of pictures of the lariat FX4 but none of the hybrid dash. I'm curious if they're going to keep the needle for the hybrid indicator as well which really is not my preference but whatever
The hybrid lariat will look just like the fx4 except for the left gauge being a needle that indicates power usage instead of RPM.

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
This is the only closeup picture that I’ve seen of the hybrid display.

8670D9D7-AEDE-40B5-9505-233B3153C3C0.jpeg
I thought there was a post that showed a comparison picture of the difference between the fuel gauges. It showed the Hybrid with a scale instead of a needle. If its a needle then I'm happy. I despise the scale gauges.

Sponsored

OP
OP
adawalli

adawalli

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer Platinum, 2010 Toyota Prius 3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

dldsm7

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Subaru Outback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is from the Ford website, showing hybrid dials in Lariat trim....

lariathybrid.jpg
This is the one. It has a larger display next to the tach and speedometer than the standard. Should also display more things

MysticRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford C-Max
I appreciate the pics shared here. I'll be in the market for the Hybrid in a few months and since dealerships don't have any on-hand to test firsthand, I'm having a hell of a time figuring out what the IP cluster info will look like. My 2013 C-Max Hybrid has some great digital screens to help with improving the MPGs, namely some screens that show how much throttle you can give it before the ICE kicks in, so you can keep it on battery longer with a light touch.

While the Mav gauges look analog-only thus far, at least they appear to let you know when the ICE will kick in.

Either way, looking forward to testing one, hopefully buying one, and finally playing the hypermile game.

Last edited:

06Warrior

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Person
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' HD Road Glide, 22’ Sporster S
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I appreciate the pics shared here. I'll be in the market for the Hybrid in a few months and since dealerships don't have any on-hand to test firsthand, I'm having a hell of a time figuring out what the IP cluster info will look like. My 2013 C-Max Hybrid has some great digital screens to help with improving the MPGs, namely some screens that show how much throttle you can give it before the ICE kicks in, so you can keep it on battery longer with a light touch.

While the Mav gauges look analog-only thus far, at least they appear to let you know when the ICE will kick in.

Either way, looking forward to testing one, hopefully buying one, and finally playing the hypermile game.
A 2022 hybrid can only be ordered for a couple more weeks and won’t be delivered most likely in the spring of 2022.

If you don’t get your order in the next couple of weeks you will have to wait until the 2023 order banks open which is probably around May.

Last edited:

MysticRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford C-Max
A 2022 hybrid can only be ordered for a couple more weeks and won’t be delivered most likely in the spring of 2022.

If you don’t get your order in the next couple of weeks you will have to wait until the 2023 order banks open which is probably around May.
Good timing then. I'm willing to wait. I'll be moving at some point soon to AZ for a new job, so I'm in no hurry to rush into buying a new car (or a slightly used one by then) and trying to sell our old one.
I try to make a rule never to buy a first-year model of any car, or at the very least not a very early production run car.
They tend to sometimes have issues that later models don't, as they work out the bugs in design or on the line. That said I screwed up with the 2013 C-Max. They had some issues with door seal fitment that caused squeaking noises in the early ones, and sure enough I discovered that issue in the used one I bought after the weather changed. My 2014 C-Max, bought for the wife, never had that problem.
Sponsored