Sponsored

TruckGuySC

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Does anyone else think this Area 51 color looks different compared to the Area 51 color on the BS?

Compare this:

6B889665-55A5-4D58-83BE-BD636C426F99.jpeg

to this:
The more I look at the Maverick Area 51 color compared to the BS Area 51, the less I like it. Hopefully it’s just the picture quality/lighting.
I think it’s just lighting...

Meanwhile, I’m loving the alloy wheels on the Maverick... on the BS, not so much!
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc

TruckGuySC

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
I was actually looking at a51 sport in a parking lot, I liked the color in the shade cause it looks like your last pic, but in direct sunlight it looks like the Leaked pic and really hides any body lines and looks flat with out any black contrast, it solidified cactus grey for me
Cactus Grey looks different depending on lighting too. Sometimes the green comes out more and other times it looks like a bland grey...

More green:
Ford Maverick Ford Maverick Full Uncovered Look @ Side & Rear 3/4 in Area 51 color! 1616935462258

More grey:
Ford Maverick Ford Maverick Full Uncovered Look @ Side & Rear 3/4 in Area 51 color! 1616935640052

rtcraft89

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes E-500
Coincidentally I’m torn between Cactus Grey and Area 51 if they do offer both.

I test drove a Ranger in Cactus Grey a few months ago and really liked the color.

I may need to go see the Area 51 in person before making a final decision. Really prefer the BS pics I posted when it comes to the way it showed up in those. Almost a “Carolina Blue.”

ElMaverick

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Engine
Undecided
Coincidentally I’m torn between Cactus Grey and Area 51 if they do offer both.

I test drove a Ranger in Cactus Grey a few months ago and really liked the color.

I may need to go see the Area 51 in person before making a final decision. Really prefer the BS pics I posted when it comes to the way it showed up in those. Almost a “Carolina Blue.”
If it was a Carolina Blue it would definitely need some white wall tires 🤣

I have yet to see cactus grey in person, I'm a fan of white cars, but like a French vanilla creamy white, I'm still on the fence for Oxford, but again it all changes as soon as you add contrasting colors and accents like red hooks or black roof/mirror

99Mustang

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Mustang 07 F150 17 Fiesta
Thanks. Yeah not a huge deal, but this one looks much more “teal.”

Excited to see what colors they do offer.
I think the colors offered on the Bronco Sport should be availabe on the Maverick as well. I like rapid red, it will be about %500. option but well worth it.

Sponsored

TruckGuySC

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
If it was a Carolina Blue it would definitely need some white wall tires 🤣

I have yet to see cactus grey in person, I'm a fan of white cars, but like a French vanilla creamy white, I'm still on the fence for Oxford, but again it all changes as soon as you add contrasting colors and accents like red hooks or black roof/mirror
Watch it w the Carolina comments... we are home to the largest BMW factory in the world, as well as Mercedes and Volvo here in SC... no whitewalls on those

rtcraft89

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes E-500
I’ll be honest, I’ve been a Carolina fan all my life hence the interest in Area 51.

I’ll leave it as this and bow out: Go Heels!

Buzzard

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
About this Santa Cruz vs. MAVERICK looks thing. Over the years needs and looks change. Fifty years ago I had a truck with an eight foot bed. Thirty five years ago it was a six foot bed.

Being a retired geezer all I need now is a bed long enough for a very small motorcycle or scooter. A hitch to pull a small boat. And a easy to remove rear seat to fit my wife's luggage. The MAVERICK should handle that. If the Cruz could it would look kinda funny.

Sponsored

theek

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V, Subaru CrossTrek
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
About this Santa Cruz vs. MAVERICK looks thing. Over the years needs and looks change. Fifty years ago I had a truck with an eight foot bed. Thirty five years ago it was a six foot bed.

Being a retired geezer all I need now is a bed long enough for a very small motorcycle or scooter. A hitch to pull a small boat. And a easy to remove rear seat to fit my wife's luggage. The MAVERICK should handle that. If the Cruz could it would look kinda funny.
Not quite geezer but getting there, and I agree.

rtcraft89

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes E-500
I was able to find an Area 51 BS near me so I went to go take a look to see the color myself.
Ford Maverick Ford Maverick Full Uncovered Look @ Side & Rear 3/4 in Area 51 color! 0943BB23-6E07-44CA-91DC-49166B9AD441
Ford Maverick Ford Maverick Full Uncovered Look @ Side & Rear 3/4 in Area 51 color! 3370BB28-23B0-41BB-B3DF-76E8BCB467D4
Ford Maverick Ford Maverick Full Uncovered Look @ Side & Rear 3/4 in Area 51 color! 2A021912-5025-4C13-B5C1-E0EFB0D0A0CA

It really is amazing how much different it looks depending on the lighting. On one side where the sun was shining it looked Carolina blue. On the side in the shade it’s almost a dark teal color.

Further away it looks darker, as you get closer it gets lighter.

I’m pretty sold on it.

MarcusBrody

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Transit Connect, BMW 318ti
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I like it. The only thing I'm not sure of is whether I think it mostly looks good in contrast to the black windows/top of the Bronco Sport, and whether it would be too flat on the much larger body of the Maverick. I think I'd actually like the non-body color black handles more if I had a vehicle this color.

rtcraft89

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes E-500
I like it. The only thing I'm not sure of is whether I think it mostly looks good in contrast to the black windows/top of the Bronco Sport, and whether it would be too flat on the much larger body of the Maverick. I think I'd actually like the non-body color black handles more if I had a vehicle this color.
That’s exactly what I’ve told myself as well. I think the black mirrors and door handles will provide a nice contrast and make the color pop more.

I think this is a win/win in a lower trim because it will look better and be cheaper!
Sponsored