Keynotes13

First Name
Mathew
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Matrix
This is what I’ve been waiting for. My only concern is back seat and it seems to match the Bronco Sport backseat so that’ll be great! I’m buying. Gonna try to get a 2.0 for the power but if I need to borrow my buddy’s 1500 for “bigger” jobs so be it. I’m AMPED!!

rtcraft89

First Name
Trey
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes E-500
Ford isn’t dumb. This is free advertising and we’ve had a number of “leaks” the past couple of weeks.

Hopeful we’re a few weeks (or less) away from a reveal.

J_Garn

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Edge
Damn, I've got no complaints here. That's a great looking compact, though I'm not a fan of the Area 51 color. It'll be black or white for me. And I'll definitely cross my fingers for a package that heightens the ride. Besides that I'm sold.

theek

First Name
Michael
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V, Subaru CrossTrek
Assuming the following wheel size, I'm guessing the bed size is as follows:

18" wheels: 56" bed 24" tailgate, 80" with tailgate down. 82" with a bed extender?

17" wheel: 52" bed, 23" tailgate, 75" with tailgate down.

Could a bed extender be integrated into that tailgate? That plastic rim tells me something might pop out of it.

J_Garn

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Edge
Could a bed extender be integrated into that tailgate? That plastic rim tells me something might pop out of it.
I think you're right. The black trim under/around the bumper definitely seems oversized, so I wonder what they've got up their sleeve in terms of a feature.

Gary in NJ

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many Subaru's
Assuming the following wheel size, I'm guessing the bed size is as follows:

18" wheels: 56" bed 24" tailgate, 80" with tailgate down. 82" with a bed extender?

17" wheel: 52" bed, 23" tailgate, 75" with tailgate down.

Agreed. Doing some scaling off that photo I'm coming up with 54" bed. I assumed the same tire wheel as the Bronco Sport Badlands model (235/65-17) which gives a 29" diameter tire.

the1mrb

First Name
Matt
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Agreed. Doing some scaling off that photo I'm coming up with 54" bed. I assumed the same tire wheel as the Bronco Sport Badlands model (235/65-17) which gives a 29" diameter tire.
Yeah, I think a 4' 6" (54"), give or take a few inches, bed is the general on par consensus. And it also falls right in line with the other crew cab short bed truck models. Midsize is 5' (60") and full size is 5' 6" (66"). So a truck that falls below midsize, or a compact truck, should seemingly follow the same length trend. 6" shorter for each step downward. Makes perfect sense to my OCD logical oriented mind and I really hope Ford follows through on that. If nothing else just to have a reason. haha

MarcusBrody

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Transit Connect, BMW 318ti
I think you're right. The black trim under/around the bumper definitely seems oversized, so I wonder what they've got up their sleeve in terms of a feature.
I agree it is notable, but I can't figure out what it might be. Looking at the unibody pictures from a few months ago, I can't see an obvious sliding set up. The tailgate slding backward when folded down to give a longer than 6 foot platform (4.5 bed, 1.5 tailgate) is all I could potentially see, as there doesn't look like a way for the tailgate to be hooked up if it slides back.

J_Garn

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Edge
Yeah, perhaps it's just wishful thinking on my part and the bumper flare is more stylistic. For me - and this is a purely unresearched opinion - it feels like the truck bed is such an underutilized and under-developed area in the auto industry. Maybe in the past 10 or so years have manufacturers started to get creative (folding step-up bar, multi-hinged gate, in-bed storage a-la Ridgeline, you get the picture), but I guess I still expect more. With all the amazing things manufacturers are able to engineer into the interior of vehicles, I feel like there's wasted potential in the bed.

MarcusBrody

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Transit Connect, BMW 318ti
Yeah, perhaps it's just wishful thinking on my part and the bumper flare is more stylistic. For me - and this is a purely unresearched opinion - it feels like the truck bed is such an underutilized and under-developed area in the auto industry. Maybe in the past 10 or so years have manufacturers started to get creative (folding step-up bar, multi-hinged gate, in-bed storage a-la Ridgeline, you get the picture), but I guess I still expect more. With all the amazing things manufacturers are able to engineer into the interior of vehicles, I feel like there's wasted potential in the bed.
I don't disagree at all and I hope that the Maverick does something clever. I just don't see how it would work looking at the unibody images.

theek

First Name
Michael
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I agree it is notable, but I can't figure out what it might be. Looking at the unibody pictures from a few months ago, I can't see an obvious sliding set up. The tailgate slding backward when folded down to give a longer than 6 foot platform (4.5 bed, 1.5 tailgate) is all I could potentially see, as there doesn't look like a way for the tailgate to be hooked up if it slides back.

The old MAVERICK tailgate is gone, it's a different design now.

Reactions: Doc

theek

First Name
Michael
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Truck buyers are very conservative when it comes to exterior truck styling.

Reactions: Doc

Ricardo12025

First Name
Richard
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1961 CJ5, 2000 BMW Z3, 2005 Honda Element