First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So if the sales numbers are actual "sold" Mavericks then that does not tell us how many orders/deposits still need to be filled right? That pre-order count could tell us how long it might take them to catch up. Those 13K could be Eco versions being shipped to pre-order customers and maybe a few dealers? My Hybrid order was placed in October but I assume that does not mean a day for day slip for the June orders in production now?
Sponsored

jhud042002

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hyb XLT, lux (drop in) oxford white
some in transit/pending sale, but the 13K is probably a lot of the hybrids that have been waiting on OKTB. Lack of storage space may also be why there has been a lack a of scheduling/production days pushed back (i.e., it's probably not a coincidence that we're seeing a big scheduling week this week).
was it a big scheduling week? plenty of June/July hybrids passed over...again

jhud042002

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So if the sales numbers are actual "sold" Mavericks then that does not tell us how many orders/deposits still need to be filled right? That pre-order count could tell us how long it might take them to catch up. Those 13K could be Eco versions being shipped to pre-order customers and maybe a few dealers? My Hybrid order was placed in October but I assume that does not mean a day for day slip for the June orders in production now?
What June orders in production? The handful of hybrids? Ford's scheduling any month they want, early reservations have no bearing. Which is crappy.

jhud042002

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nice, if the Maverick continues to follow the same trend as the Bronco Sport, it looks like we can expect production capacity around 100,000 units for the 2022 model year.
No way they get 100k production. Ford can't even schedule and build early hybrid orders....Maybe they will tell us "tough luck, we couldn't build all the hybrids so you either get to move to MY23 or take a ecoboost"

jhud042002

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I bet your hybrid gets scheduled/built before my 7/7 order does at this point. It's like the Ford gods care about the East Coast, Southwest, and California.

Sponsored

Daleo56

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What June orders in production? The handful of hybrids? Ford's scheduling any month they want, early reservations have no bearing. Which is crappy.
That was kind of where I was going with my question. Mavericks built would not mean incomplete trucks sitting in a yard. They must schedule production based on package, color, engine type etc. and not on order date. At some point they must apply some logic to how they produce and then use the clean up weeks for missed/incomplete trucks. I have no idea how this works other than what I read here on the site so I was looking for clarification on how to interpret the sales in this post. If this was a start up car company I would expect the "crappy" but not Ford.

jhud042002

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That was kind of where I was going with my question. Mavericks built would not mean incomplete trucks sitting in a yard. They must schedule production based on package, color, engine type etc. and not on order date. At some point they must apply some logic to how they produce and then use the clean up weeks for missed/incomplete trucks. I have no idea how this works other than what I read here on the site so I was looking for clarification on how to interpret the sales in this post. If this was a start up car company I would expect the "crappy" but not Ford.
Saw plenty of my exact same builds scheduled yesterday...there's no rhyme or reason

MattIngram

First Name
Deleteme
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Deleteme
No way they get 100k production. Ford can't even schedule and build early hybrid orders....Maybe they will tell us "tough luck, we couldn't build all the hybrids so you either get to move to MY23 or take a ecoboost"
If you want to see what a comparable first year production model looks like, the closest comparison is the bronco sports and Maverick is trending better b/c theyā€™re easier to build. As much as we love these little trucks, the Bronco sport was way more popular. Ford will easily make a 100k units easily b/c they are trending ahead of the bronco sport ~20k YTD. Iā€™d take that bet for sure. But how many of those will be hybrid and more to the point, will they make all of the hybrid orders submitted before the cutoff? I wouldnā€™t take that bet, no way.

The backlog looks to be a glut of early hybrid XLT, Luxury, 360ā€™s. Ford seems to focus on whatā€™s the most profitable, subject to resource constraints, which kinda makes sense b/c thatā€™s what a business should do to make a profit, right? Early on it was more profitable for Ford to produce ecoboosts b/c thatā€™s what they could sell due to the OKTB delay on hybrids. Why would you produce mass quantities of something you canā€™t sell? Seems fairly straight forward. Now the only ones getting scheduling seems to be hybrids. Ford knows they have the demand, order backlog, and theyā€™re slowly catching up.

I see hybrids on the email post every Thursday from June, July and August. But local dealerships have to earn allocation and thereā€™s still backlog needing to get worked through. Some folks are moving to the head of the line, while many others are way behind and may not get built. Unfortunately that has more to do with Fords system that was built to reward high volume dealerships, which worked well when they had higher inventory on hand, needing to be turned but feels unfair for custom orders.

jhud042002

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you want to see what a comparable first year production model looks like, the closest comparison is the bronco sports and Maverick is trending better b/c theyā€™re easier to build. As much as we love these little trucks, the Bronco sport was way more popular. Ford will easily make a 100k units easily b/c they are trending ahead of the bronco sport ~20k YTD. Iā€™d take that bet for sure. But how many of those will be hybrid and more to the point, will they make all of the hybrid orders submitted before the cutoff. I wouldnā€™t take that bet, no way.

The backlog looks to be a glut of early hybrid XLT, Luxury, 360ā€™s. Ford a seems to focus on whatā€™s the most profitable, subject to resource constraints. Early on thatā€™s ecoboosts b/c of the OKTB delay on hybrids. Why would you produce mass quantities of something you canā€™t sell? Seems fairly straight forward. Now the only ones getting scheduling seems to be hybrids. Ford knows they have the demand, order backlog, and theyā€™re slowly catching up.

I see hybrids on the email post every Thursday from June, July and August. But local dealerships have to earn allocation and thereā€™s still backlog needing to get worked through. Some folks are moving to the head of the line, while many others are way behind and may not get built. Unfortunately that has more to do with Fords system that was built to reward high volume dealerships, which worked well when they had higher inventory on hand, needing to be turned but feels unfair for custom orders.
I've got a dealer who's had allocations since September and under 10 orders for both engines. Not 1 has been picked up...not one. But down the road a large dealer gets production spots every scheduling cycle. This has nothing to do with allocations, it's pure randomness and Ford not valuing customers.

You are right, they will cut people off who have ordered a hybrid and push us to MY23 for more $.

MattIngram

First Name
Deleteme
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Deleteme
I've got a dealer who's had allocations since September and under 10 orders for both engines. Not 1 has been picked up...not one. But down the road a large dealer gets production spots every scheduling cycle. This has nothing to do with allocations, it's pure randomness and Ford not valuing customers.

You are right, they will cut people off who have ordered a hybrid and push us to MY23 for more $.
I guess for my situation, Iā€™m not expecting any small miracles and may have to accept my order wonā€™t get produced but only time will tell. I do have to trust that the quant who developed the production model has to have a way to true things back up. And maybe one dealership is getting mavericks, while another dealership is only getting bronco sports, or rangers and next month that flips. Right now it only seems like dealers with hundreds of orders are the only ones I know of getting scheduled.

Last edited:
Sponsored

Trickydick

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
The age range is interesting (18-35). Small pickups used to be what many 'old guys' drove around. Not wanting to give up a truck but having a full size truck just to hard to get in and out of, much less getting stuff in/out of the high bed.
Iā€™m 46, when I was a kid I had a 1990 Ford Ranger, man I loved that truck! After totaling that truck, Iā€™ve always wanted another. The Maverick reminds me a lot of the old ranger, plus the crew cab! I canā€™t wait to get mine!

Mels_Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mels_Mav
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Order Aug, got a build date for november back on the first week of Sept. It has been moved up week for the last 2 weeks now, My order was in the 6000s, I assume if they have made 20k units Mine would have been already built by now. , but Let stringing along. I have seen 20+ hybrids available within 100 miles of San Diego, ca. I'm in texas. Nothing here. When I ask my dealer if they get one sooner , they said better wait for my order because anything they get sooner, they are gonna add 10k to it. :( I wont pay that much more which was another point of getting a maverick, the price. so left to wait. and wait. Ok I vented, and shed a tear or 2. Thanks for listening my Maverick Family. Yes Thank this forum which has answered way more questions then the new guy they put out there as their maverick pro, i can look at one and know the model, this guy didn't even know how to open the tail gate. lol.

xncrman

Please correct my numbers if I am way off here. I read Ford has told vendors to expect 110,000 Maverick vehicle production for 2022. I also read that Ford expected Hybrid sales to make up about 40% of sales roughly 44,000 Mavericks. 2022 Maverick Hybrids have all been reserved as of November 15th. This leaves estimate 66,000 non hybrid Mavericks for 2022 production. In all Ford needs to produce 9167 per month to fill that amount of sales. So far the best production month was October with 6755 vehicles made. At that rate it will take Ford 16+ months to produce the 2022 production sales estimate. It will take Ford over 6.5+ months straight production to fill JUST THE HYBRID SALES RESERVATIONS. And we know that is not going to happen. I also read that Ford said the plant in Mexico can make up to 800 vehicles per day but that is all models combined.

I can fully understand the long wait for those that ordered very early on the release way before even production was started. After viewing these numbers it will be a long wait for everyone so best go buy yourself an easy chair to relax at night while you wait. What we do need to understand is this is a big change in how auto were made in the past and new models released. There were no pre-orders and we all had to wait till Ford, GM, Chrysler told the dealers they could open the gates on a specific day to the public with a grand splash for the new model year. I remember those days well back when my father sold Chevrolet's back in 1960-1970S

xncrman

So if Iā€™m reading it correctly, Ford produced 20,000 Mustangs so far this year. If thatā€™s the case, does anyone know how many real orders Ford has for a Maverick?
Ford estimated 110,00 Maverick sales for 2022 with 40% Hybrid. November 15th Ford stop selling Hybrids for 2022 which would account for about 44,000 vehicles. My guess to date is roughly the same amount or more for non-hybrid Mavericks.

bgillen35

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Prius, '19 Indian FTR-S, '20 Mustang EcoBoost
Ford estimated 110,00 Maverick sales for 2022 with 40% Hybrid.
Can you provide the source for this? I keep hearing 110,000 orders vs 110,000 reservation, which are not one in the same.
Sponsored